1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Genius - Perfect copy of Copy Controlled CD with no clicking with Nero 6

Discussion in 'Audio' started by cdrw, Apr 30, 2004.

1. cdrw

cdrw Member

Hi all

I am pleased to announce that I have cracked the CopyControl system Cactus 200. I just did a pure copy of Ministry of Sounds single, Boogie Pimps - Somebody to Love - Saltshaker Remix.

Here is how to do it (NOTE: if you have a DVD-ROM drive like myself, it will not read the CD. Insert the CD in the burner drive before continuing).

1. Start Nero Burning Rom 6
    2. If you have DVD-ROM drive the original CD has to be inserted into the burner.
    2. Choose to Audio CD (as there are no extra videos or other content).
    3. Under the "CDA Options" tab UNTICK "take off silence at end of audio tracks".
    4. Under the "Burn" tab, make sure "Write" is ticked on and "Finalise" is ticked ON only on a CD-R, and ticked OFF on a CDRW.
    5. Choose "Write Speed" and change to 4x (creates better copy)
    6. "Write Method" should be "Track-at-Once", then click "New".
    7. On the right hand side of your screen will be your drive listings. Choose your CD you wish to copy here, you will then see the track listings.
    8. NOTE: The CD I copied has 6 tracks, but 7 are listed. DONT SELECT/USE ANY OTHER TRACKS BESIDES THE MUSIC TRACKS.
    9. Drag each track one by one from the right hand side to the left hand side. Nero will verify each track which is copied to your hard disk. Do this for all tracks listed except for the DATA track which is what the CopyControl uses. Only select AUDIO TRACKS.
    10. Then click on BURN and choose 4x write speed.

PRESTO!!!

Rodney
    <email removed>

Last edited: May 1, 2004
  2. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

No emails aloud here m8.... there's the PM feature for that.

3. cdrw

cdrw Member

Sorry about the email thing. I was not aware, but I am now.

I apologise.

Rodney

4. tigre

tigre Moderator Staff Member

Hi cdrw.

Thanks for sharing this information. I'd like to add this to the sticky thread about handling copyprotected audio CDs here: http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/70597

To do this, I need to know some more details. Unfortunately I'm short of time right now and can't test + compare myself. So maybe you would be ready to test a bit (or someone else)? ... like this:

- Use different drives as source drive and report the manufacturer/model of the drive
    - Try some of the methods from the sticky thread as well (see link above) and compare the results (for each drive separately):
    -- Are all tracks extracted/copied completely
    -- Are there audible problems like silent gaps or clicks?
    -- If possible do a wave comparison, e.g. using EAC's wave compare feature or a wave editor (substract 2 versions of the same file and check if the waveform is a zero line or contains some spikes = positions with differences between rips). If there are any, listen closely to positions with different samples to find audible problems...

I'll add a link to the sticky thread anyway, but some tests would be great to find out if using the Nero method has advantages over the already known methods.