1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Golden FAQ - by mrunix

Discussion in 'Nintendo Gamecube - General discussion' started by gulliver, Apr 4, 2005.

1. gulliver

gulliver Regular member

ladies and gentlemen, I present to you a new hero in the GC community. I shall refer to him only as "The One" as this is the only proper way to address him.

The One has brought you The Golden FAQ. It contains all information about Gamecube modding you can possibly imagine. In fact, you can only read it once, otherwise you will go blind. That is how powerful The Golden FAQ is.

I have requested that he brings his Golden Gamecube to lead us to the Promised Land. His is the only in existence. It is a DOL-000. This is most likely because it isn't meant to exist. It can read any media in any condition. You could set fire to your media and it would still play it.

Well ladies and gentleman, it is time for what you all have been waiting for. Without further adieu, I bring to you The Golden FAQ by The One.

Bow before his splendor.

Why Don't you Noobs buy the DVDR mod case?

- Dont need to cut and f*** up your original Nintendo case

- Dont need to cut DVDRs or messing up your laser

- No need noob questions more in this Thread

1) Use Action Replay (AR) and an original Nintendo Memory card (doesnt mather if its 59 or 251) then use Phantasy star online 1+2 Hack to get the gcos 1.4 or higher on your memory cart (follow instructions on google) Phantasy star also called PSO. (the PLUS version and PSO3 dont work .. PSO3 Japanese works very well) GCOS is an boot tool to choose what you want to do with the program. It has an option to boot DVDR backups and so on.

2) What to do if you dont have PSO and No Action Replay?

You can use MAXDRIVE PRO package. Wich included with an special boot cd (just like AR) its included with an USB memory card so you can connect it to your PC and upload the GCOS or other boot loader data onto it.

3) Use the SD card trick. Wich will work in combination with AR to load the bootloader (Use this if PSO is hard to find or if you loses your bids on ebay)

4) Boot the bootloader with BroadBand and PSO everytime (wich sucks)

Sooooo ... this info should help for noobs now let i put a little Guide together now we understanding every shortcut. THIS IS THE BEST METHODE EVER!

1) Buy an FULL DVDR MOD CASE

http://www.gamecubecase.com

NOTE: read forums and contact people for more info. They will sell it if you are good looking to it. I bought my from the Netherlands for 12 EURO.

2) Buy FULL SIZE or MINI SIZE Ritek Media code cds. So it could be every bracnhemerk it doesnt mather as long as it says RITEKG04 or RITEKG05

NOTE: if you are using FULL size dvdrs (wich are cheaper) then you should buy RIDISC (wich is automatically RITEKG04

People say buy the mini TraxData .. well its RITEKG04 but maybe an other time its an other media code you will never know so if you are using windows then check every media code with the program

CDRINFO

http://www.nicsoft.com.au/download/dvdinfo.zip

3) Burn GCM files or rename GCM files to NRG or ISO and burn it with Nero 6.x.x.x (NOT THE EXPRESS) and choose FINALIZE DISC. Write speed should be 4x but some people say that 2x works on there gamecube so anyway just burn this m.f*

4) buy MAXDRIVE PRO wich will ship with boot cd and special USB memory card. DO NOT BUY ACTION REPLAY with MAXDRIVE. Because you will never know wich boot cd you will get. Its random. So buy only the MAXDRIVE PRO wich would be the cheapest version of the mod trick

(no need PSO, no need BBA, no need AR)

5) now get your self an copy of the GCOS 1.4 or higher and put it via USB on your MAX DRIVE USB Card

6) While your gamecube is modded with the DVDR mod case and you burned nice with the RIDISC RITEKG04 with Nero and got the GCOS bootloader on the memory card, You are way to go!!!

NOTE: before you can use the DVDR trick you MUST have an original game before to do this. Because the boot loader needs to read some data off the original gamecube disc. You may can try the max drive boot cd to use it as an gamedisc but i dunno if its working. I got mine working with many many ways.

SD, AR, PSO, BBA and so on.

Goodluck and i hope to get rid off 50% noobs around here with my tutor

2. gulliver

gulliver Regular member

Everyone gather, The One has spoken yet again. Here is what he had to say.

Wow...my breath has been taken away. How wonderful is that. MD no longer costs money. The One has made it so that we may buy our maxdrive in units of time. Brilliant...simply brilliant.

And The One has finally confirmed our suspicions...the Viper chip is indeed a fake. We all must uninstall our Vipers now and follow the path of The One.

3. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

Hahaha lol,might I add that the one not only spoke just a minute ago.He actually made another post,quick gulliver head over to take a view man.I would do it,but his posts are so powerfull it might knock me out hahahahah lol.

4. gulliver

gulliver Regular member

lol, do you believe that I actually have people at maxconsole thinking I'm serious about this. It's a riot.