1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Good's and Bad's of High School

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by david07, Dec 15, 2005.

1. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

"American Beauty" excellent movie

2. EvaMae

EvaMae Member

i have never seen anyone over 40 working in a fast food restaurant like burger king. they all look young adult-ish.

3. l34merik

l34merik Regular member

actually, i meant its scary if ur overqualified so u can't get a job anywhere.

Oh yea is afterdawn multilangauged and translate what everyone says to their speaking language? cuz sometimes people say things that don't make sense at all, maybe the work of translation as grammar and things aren't perfect with auto translaters. or maybe they really do have bad grammar

4. EvaMae

EvaMae Member

i am typing in english. what're you typing in?
    you can change the language you view everything in. i think. i tried it somewhere and found it really hard to navigate.

5. l34merik

l34merik Regular member

Well, you can or cannot believe what I told you but having u believe me doesn't make me a better or wealthier person so I won't ague. I'm just here to help and said what works for me so far in high school.

I'm typing in english too but some people's post make no sense, not from this specific thread but some of the other ones.

6. macey

macey Guest

I did not like high school very much, Yr 8 was ok as it was all new and all but the others kinda went by the way side.. I flogged a couple of ciggs per day of my parents, sold them, until i had enough dollars to grab a full pkt.. to sell.. I found my self earning about $200.00 per week by keeping people in ciggs, as my clientel rose so did the price, at the end of year 9 i was charging a dollar per cig.
    so a pkt of 40 cigs would cost $10.00 and id take home $40.00, then the cost of my pkts went up, so you got it $1.50 per cigarette, and they paid it, smoked it and came back for more.. at the end of year 10 my ciggs were 2.00 each yes they paid it and i was bring in next to an audlt tax free wage. Believe it or not i had a teacher grab a couple aswell..lol..i think the biggest mistake was trying it myself, as 1)my profit partly went. 2) and still got the habit now, lol

I should have concentrated more on my schooling and not the money, but i must say it did come in very handy:)
    Macey

7. l34merik

l34merik Regular member

Year 10 of high school? Did you mean 10th grade? did u ever graduate?

8. macey

macey Guest

yeah 10th grade, to say "year 10" is common here in Aus, sorry.
    No i did not complete year 12, I left toward the end of "11th grade" (stupid? yeah and dont i know it) Left to peruse my nursing career to which has gone great until now as to step up a notch in nursing a senior schooling cert in required, am doing it now though, it would have saved a bit of time to already have it.
    Macey

9. permiggs

permiggs Regular member

Still done better than me...LOL
    I quit half way through year 9 and had to complete it at night when i was 21... Done alright there tough!