1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The great big G mail giveaway!

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by Xsilver, Jan 3, 2005.

1. Xsilver

Xsilver Regular member

I asked on this board for someone to sort me out a g mail account and good as gold they did. So now i will return the favour and giveaway 5 that i have. So the First five to post who wants one gets one.

Note : These gmail invites tend to be seen as spam by yahoo, aol and a few other email provoders, so if you have junk mail folder make sure auto delete is turned off else you will lose it.

Also if you got any gmails to giveaway feel free to tag onto the thread

See ya xsilver

2. NeoLance

NeoLance Regular member

Umm well i guess i would get a free gmail if i want because i posted first, but what IS gmail? After you tell me and i want one please let me have one. Thank you.

3. Darkhadou

Darkhadou Regular member

Gmail for what I know is an email service provider (well duh) that gives you storage space of 1gb is A LOT. Hope that helped.

OK back to the request. If I am the second guy or anyone in the first 5 then please send me an invite for a Gmail account. Lot's of thanks if you do.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2005
  4. JunTao

JunTao Member

I want a g-mail account too! I'll send you my e-mail address by private message.

5. Xsilver

Xsilver Regular member

JunTao
    R.Samurai
    Darkhadou

All have been invited! NeoLance send your email address! First come first serve so 2 left. Thanks

6. Darkhadou

Darkhadou Regular member

Yeah thanks dude. I think I might start a thread giving invites, that's if I find out how to lol.

7. Jauzzi

Jauzzi Member

hey, I want one please! I'll send you my email.

8. Xsilver

Xsilver Regular member

Jauzzi

Has been invited! 1 Left!

9. Jauzzi

Jauzzi Member

Thanks Xsilver!!

10. Anguswolf

Anguswolf Member

I could use one please.

Angus_wolf@ yahoo dot com

11. Xsilver

Xsilver Regular member

Angus_wolf Has been invited. And there you go last one gone now. Like i said when you have all used it a couple of times you will get invites to give away yourself. So why not give half of them to friends and the other half way on afterdawn. After all it has not cost you nothing.

See ya

12. geestar20

geestar20 Active member

Whats the benifit? or is it just another email provider,client, (whatever)? just curious.

13. Darkhadou

Darkhadou Regular member

geestar20: I don't think you read most of the thread. Scroll up and you might find that I posted THE BENEFIT.

I'll write a bit more:- Gmail is a free, search-based webmail service that combines the best features of traditional email with Google's search technology to make finding all of your important messages so easy you won't waste time organizing your inbox anymore. Gmail includes 1,024 megabytes -- that's an entire gigabyte of storage space (probably more than you'll ever need), and an entirely new way of efficiently reading and tracking your important messages, all for free. And your account last upto 9 months idle where as on Homtail or any other service provider would make it available for only 30 days !

Last edited: Jan 5, 2005
  14. geestar20

geestar20 Active member

Ok, let me clarify my question, what special features does this email service serve, other than a special invite.
    theres a big difference between 1gb and 1tb but I forget by how much.

15. Anguswolf

Anguswolf Member

Thanks for the invite!!!

16. Xsilver

Xsilver Regular member

Geestar - G mail from google is more or less the same as yahoo with more space and a few more features. Can you live without it? Yeah, but i got sick of Yahoo and all the spam that i get (over 150 a day). At the moment Gmail is still Beta testing so you cannot get an account unless you are invited by someone that already has one.

I gave mine away cause i can't stand the twats that are selling them on ebay. I got them for free so i gave them away for free. Anyway rambling now! STOP

17. p4_tt

p4_tt Active member

Hey all if Xsilver dont mind me tagging on i have 6 to gave away ;-) just pm me

18. dlc2000

dlc2000 Regular member

the gmail service scans all of the emails and uses the subjects contained in the emails to target ads of what is contained in the emails . its like reading all of your emails and displaying ads of the subjects in them emails . i had it and let go because of this .

19. Jauzzi

Jauzzi Member

Hey all, I also have 2 to give away. Just pm me, too.

20. Xsilver

Xsilver Regular member

dlc2000

I have read all about the way G mail scans the email and uses target words for the purpose of advertising. Yes this is all true. However all email is scanned in some way for viruses, and other purposes.

In any event if you had something really important to say you wouldn't say it via email. And i don't think anyone is under any illusions that email is a secure medium simply because it isn't.

If i were that worried about email privacy, i would simple send a word document zipped with 256bit encryption. But then again my email ain't that secret and neither is anyone elses.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2005