1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

the interent and my xbox

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by vixen76, Feb 27, 2005.

1. vixen76

vixen76 Member

i was wondering if it is possible to go on the internet while my xbox is still connected to my computer.. I want to try craxtion4 but i have been told that m$ do sweeps and that I could possibly loose my dashboard (i have slayers).. I have no dramas in makng my back-ups but i just wanted to try some of craxtion4's other features.. I am not interested on going 'LIVE'..
    Thanks in advance for any information

2. joeblow77

joeblow77 Member

i am not exactly sure what u are asking? u mean use your web browsing and use your xbox at the same time? and craxtion 4 can be used wether or not u are on the net..but I am confused exactly what u mean...AM I THE ONLY COMFUSED BY THAT THREAD?....lol

3. vixen76

vixen76 Member

shall i speak slowly for you??

can i go on the internet while my xbox and computer are connected safely without the risk of losing my xbox dashboard????

i am fully aware craxtion can be used on or off the net but i would like to try a few other functions i have been reading about..

If you are only interested in making what i presume you think are smart comments then dont bother replying.. I would rather not know...

4. djboogie

djboogie Regular member

hi
    Use Linksbox, its a pretty stable web broswer for the xbox.
    Can get it from the usual places (its also on my installer)
    Im not completely sure if thats what you meant.
    If you're browse though your pc, whilst still connected to your xbox, your xbox dash should be fine.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2005
  5. monte530

monte530 Guest

I have three nic cards in my computer. One for my xbox connection and one for my interNet fast cable connection. and the third one is not used for anything.

I can not hook my computer to my xbox while my interNet nic card is abled. I have to disable one while using the other.

If I want to go online, I have to disable the xbox nic card. And if I want to go to my xbox I have to disable the InterNet nic.

I do not know about a phone connection as I use the ethernet card to hook to the interNet.

If you know of a way to have both connections running at the same time please post it..

Thank you.

6. BR7

BR7 Regular member

monte530

Sounds like you got a configuration issue. Is that the sole computer on that network? If so, what are the ip addresses/gateways/subnet masks of the 3 NIC's.

Also, a $20 workgroup switch/hub can also fix your problems.

7. Mr_Taz_UK

Mr_Taz_UK Regular member

Go with a switch / router. Much less hastle, and easier to make changes to / monitor / filter etc..