1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The more purple the dvdr the better ?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by rob12770, Jul 7, 2003.

1. rob12770

rob12770 Guest

someone told me that the more purple the writing surface on a dvdr is, the better quality it is, is this true ?

2. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

That was the case , if it is anymore I wouldn't speculate

Saying that I have had better results from the dark purple dye over the light purple..

3. baabaa

baabaa Active member

yes, backup what herbsman wrote.....

With the supply of media for ever increasing, it is hard to say - I have had better success using ritek G03/G04 and coincidence or not these disks have a DARKER purple writing surface than the other media I have used, which have had some reading problems....

So I would tend to agree.....

4. rob12770

rob12770 Guest

well the guy in the local pc shops told me that the purple layer is the writing layer and the more purple means the deeper it is, hence the data is further embeded , for want of a better description, i just wasn't sure if he was just spraffing or not.:>)

5. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

Your PC shop man seems to be on the level mate : )-~

6. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

The deeper the colour of purple, the more stable the writing surface becomes as well as containing, maintainng and continuing to hold the data burnt to it.

7. rob12770

rob12770 Guest

great guys, i did buy the chaeapest i could find last week as i thought i would produce a lot of coasters having just got my first dvd writer, so i got bulkpaq 4x orange top,
    (£17 for 25) worked well thourgh, not one coaster , and i have used them all :>)