1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

the movie I have downloaded is too big???

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by LeeJunFan, Jun 6, 2004.

1. LeeJunFan

LeeJunFan Guest

I have just downloaded a file and gone through the whole process of converting it (it's an .avi) to a DVD-R but when I got to the "bitrate setting" in TMPGEnc I can't get the file down to the right size, the least it will go to is 5476.88mb which is too big, anyone have any ideas?
    Help is much appreciated, thanx!!!

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 6, 2004
  2. deadcat

deadcat Regular member

and
    are two statements guaranteed to get you sweet f@*k all help

3. LeeJunFan

LeeJunFan Guest

why is that?

4. deadcat

deadcat Regular member

5. -> PIRACY AND LINKING TO PIRATED MATERIAL IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED, YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE FROZEN IF YOU DO THIS <-

by saying [bold]"i downloaded this and now i cant burn it"[/bold] you may as well say
    and that tends to piss people off
    a lot

5. LeeJunFan

LeeJunFan Guest

yeah but the thing is, I actually own the original, my old multi-region dvd player broke so I got a new one second hand and it's not multi-region so I thought I would download the PAL version.

6. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

1. Well then common sense and reading the rules would have informed you that piracy isnt tolerated here. Keep that in mind

2. As for your problem you can always make the DVD bigger than a DVD5, output as an image and then just Shrink it (either that or lower the bitrate)

7. aldav45

aldav45 Member

aaaarrrggghhhh!!!! wash you mouth out with soap and water!!
    lets just say that IF you have a large movie which you wish to "back up" then you need to shrink it with dvd shrink to fit the disc you wish to put it on. lets again say that IF you have a personal .avi file you wish to put on a dvd try Mainconcepts avi to dvd encoder. Then if you wanted to you COULD use TMPG enc to do the necessary converting to video ts vobs and suchlike.
    Youll find that you get on a lot better on this site if you dont mention PIRACY or DOWNLOADING of movies as that is highly illegal and we don't condone that here. There ARE other ways to change backups of movies YOU ALREADY OWN to region free and change PAL to NTSC etc. maybe you'd be better searching ther topics and trying that.

check this out as well.
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/2487
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/2487

8. LeeJunFan

LeeJunFan Guest

thanx for the info guys and sorry for asking about piracy, I just assumed that because I already own the original it wouldn't matter, my bad, won't happen again!
    Help is appreciated, as always!

9. aldav45

aldav45 Member

as we say LEEJUNFAN if you own the original you can use it in your dvd drive to create a "BACKUP".

as I mentioned there are other ways to convert from PAL NTSC and back again

anyway, welcome to AD forums. I hope that you will recieve as much as I have from these pages (as long as you remember to give back again if you find a newbie in distress) :)

happy backuping

try here

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/41234

many, many of the guys in here can help you with anything, but mentioning piracy or ripping off copyrighted work will get you nowhere.
    I have recieved help from these guys on any number of things i would never have worked out myself.

so watch it, check out the rules and i wish you happy backuping

_
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]1.4 Mhz AMD, 512 Mb RAM, 120 Gb HD,WinFast 2000 XP Expert Video Card, DVD X-Copy Platinum, TMPGEnc Plus, TMPGEnc DVD Author, DVD decrypter, DVD2One130, Cucusoft AVI to DVD converter, DVD Shrink WinDVD Recorder 5,Nero 6 and Mainconcept MPEG encoder
    AFTERD[/small]

Last edited: Jun 6, 2004