1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The New AMD Building Thread

Discussion in 'Building a new PC' started by theonejrs, Nov 18, 2008.

1. shaffaaf

shaffaaf Regular member

hehe, its you americans that drive ont he wrong side :p PSU is mounted on the rigth hand side, hanging off the top of the case.

2. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

Shaff: So much for the SFF idea then :p
    Plenty of cooling in the FT02, but it is very much looks over practicality. Bending cables like that is asking for trouble, and it doesn't really look right with that top cover permanently removed.

3. shaffaaf

shaffaaf Regular member

ahh well i am staying in london now, took a hit and trabsfered to city. So it means ill be at home commuting, which means i don't need to commute my pc in a train 6 times a year haha. So yes ssf out the door, but i may stick the ssf components in that case, as its a limited editon, apparently, and them buy everything else later.

4. shaffaaf

shaffaaf Regular member

ahh well i am staying in london now, took a hit and trabsfered to city. So it means ill be at home commuting, which means i don't need to commute my pc in a train 6 times a year haha. So yes ssf out the door, but i may stick the ssf components in that case, as its a limited editon, apparently, and them buy everything else later.

5. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

Lol, you really can't be anywhere except London can you?

6. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

Awesome, every post in thread is a double post. That really needs fixing :p

Last edited: Aug 23, 2010
  7. FredBun

FredBun Active member

I did but this thread is doing goofy things for some reason.

8. rick5446

rick5446 Guest

shaffaaf How bout sending us some good Fish & Chips
    Haven't had anything descent since I left my home town of London, Canada
    Yanks just don't know how to fixem, Gotta have a good Greasy Batter. Not bread and cracker Crumbs. Naturally a good type of Fish is important
    Louisiana Catfish is pretty good done in a corn meal
    Redfish is also better as a Blackened Dish, although it's pretty good with a milk wash and flavored flour

9. FredBun

FredBun Active member

10. rick5446

rick5446 Guest

FredBun: Ya didn't post anything

11. FredBun

FredBun Active member

They can't fix them cause they don't even know what it is, your chips are our french fries, and nobody in the states knows how to prepair the fish like you guys do, it's not that they don't know how they really don't know anything about it. I still can't figure out for the life of me why somebody doesn't open one up here, I think they would make a killing.

I was in the UK in the sixties were you had fish and chips shops on every corner, along with TV rental shops, you would get your order wrapped in newspapers, they were the best, been in the UK 3 times these past three years, just got back from there last month, your fish and chips shops now suck compared to the way they used to be unfortunatly, plus you guys got infested with McDonalds, Burger King etc. sadly, the Brits went and Americanized themselves with all that crap. When I went there for the first time since the sixties I though I landed in America, oh well, at least I remember how the real UK looked like way back when.

12. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

It's not just the UK that's infected with the american fast food chains. They're springing up in places like Greece and Cyprus. This, however, is very off-topic!

13. FredBun

FredBun Active member

off topic, oh you think!!! loosen up your collar a little bit there sammy, it's not like we were gonna discuss the food thing forever, a post or two doesn't hurt anybody, and of course we know it's off topic, we just threw a little humor there as life and the thread goes on. Back to basic's, it's all your's.

14. rick5446

rick5446 Guest

Russia and Arab countries also, ACTUALLY WORLD WIDE.. Name one Country that doesn't indulge in the American way..When Iraq was Invaded look at all the Americanized they found in all those Palaces.Also all that stashed Cash was American Dollars ( wonder why that was ).We might be the SH*t Stick, but we are ENVIED by all
    I LOVE the American way, Even though our Government is no more then Glorified Mobsters
    Don't take that last sentence the wrong way

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 24, 2010
  15. shaffaaf

shaffaaf Regular member

16. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Was almost drooling there :p

17. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

Apart from how they pronounced 'Magny Cours', a good video.
    I swear the narrator they use went to the speech school the voice actors who record for computers and control panels in scifi films/games do. It's the same voice :p
    Bulldozer and Bobcat both look like ground-up new designs for decent performance and efficiency, the very thing that earned AMD their performance lead and mainstream status back in the A64 days. I look forward to seeing how the new CPUs perform. It's my guess they'll be hot competition rangewide for Sandy Bridge rather than the low-end competition current AMD CPUs are now, owing to the fact they're essentially still A64s from the 2004 era.
    I don't perceive Sandy Bridge being big for Intel (the fact they're still using i5 and i7 names suggests this too), but I do perceive Bulldozer/Bobcat being big for AMD. It would be a pleasure to recommend AMD CPUs in most builds once again, as I am far more content with how they do business as a company.

18. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

So...they're projecting early 2011 at best? That could be good. Right during tax return time :D I think I have a build coming up! Even if the chip costs me 1,000$ I'm gonna be on it like a fly on $h!t LOL!

19. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

Here are the CPU math scores when I was running at 3.9GHz.

[​IMG]

Here they are at my current 3.8GHz

[​IMG]

I've done all the tweaks to the setup, and I don't think there is anything I can do to get it to perform any better, so here it stays. My DVDRB/CCE 2 pass encodes are in the mid 20 minute range. I'm pretty happy with the results!

Best Regards,
    Russ

20. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Can't wait to see what the NEW AMD babies can do :D