1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The New AMD Building Thread

Discussion in 'Building a new PC' started by theonejrs, Nov 18, 2008.

1. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Well...what ever the issue, that was NO change. Do you think I should try 182.08? Cause im currently running 181.71 on the windows 7 drive.
    I think you sent me the same riva tuner I was already trying to run. I think im gonna have to manually search for that nvidia file. Because navigating nvidia wont give me that version!

2. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Well...FileHippo acknowledged my plea LOL!! My windows 7 drive is now running what was called Vista 64 182.08! However during install, it specifically said windows 7!!! So its not officially supported yet? Hmmff. So It MAY be less than stable! OK, ok...lets get back on topic now! Thanks for your help russ, sam! :) Any more talk on this i'll post in the graphics section!

3. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

I've had no issues with RiveTuner at all other than trying to figure out what does what, after years of using CoolBits. LOL!! It's all working just fine now. I overclocked the 9500-GT to the OC settings I had with 32 Bit XP-Pro! No problems!

Russ

4. bigwill68

bigwill68 Guest

Hey Russ

You switch out your board for this 1...I doin a little Combo dealing around on Newegg Right now...I'll post the Link below on the board and the combo dealings also Take care

Board= no Video built on board Either...
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...EFL041009-_-AMDMotherboards-_-LC4A-_-13128387

Combo Deals
    http://promotions.newegg.com/NEemai...il-_-E0B-_-ODD&cm_lm=bigwill_1_on_1@yahoo.com

Happy Build'in
    Will...

Ps...Ordered another LG burner 2 day from Newegg had to sneak that in...lol

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 10, 2009
  5. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

The board without the Video, is the same as the one I have now when you turn off the on-board Graphics. No memory penalty either!

Russ

6. Estuansis

Estuansis Active member

Maybe I should get involved in this thread. God knows I haven't posted much for a while XD

Just bought an X2 7750 Kuma for my newly "acquired" 780G board. Haha my dad finally bought a laptop and gave me back the custom build I did for them =) Gigabyte GA-MA78G-DS3HP w/ 4GB of OCZ Platinum and a 9600GT. It kept a 5000+ BE OC'd to 3.2 for a few months so we'll see what happens :)

7. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

Well, stock the overclocked 5000+ would be as fast as the 7750 or better, but when overclocked, you should have a reasonably fast dual core machine. Would be interesting to see which Intel CPU it can compete with when overclocked. Right now I'm going to say the E2180 or E2200.

8. Estuansis

Estuansis Active member

Well so far, my friend has one at 3.2GHz. He says it Sandra benches like an E8200 and games like an E8400. I dunno what to expect but I've seen his benches so he's not lying. It's at least well above the 5000+ BE when OC'd. And actually, reviews put it on par with an E5200 stock.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2009
  9. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

Yeah I meant with the E2180 and E2200 overclocked as well. I'm well aware the X2 7750 beats them at stock. :)

3.2Ghz puts the 7750 at an 18.5% overclock. On the intel side of things that would be a 3Ghz wolfdale with 2MB cache, so just ahead of an E7400, and around equal to an E8300, perhaps just beating one. That seems to be about right from that benchmark info.

10. rick5446

rick5446 Guest

WOW things sure R getting less Expensive, now that I'm Old,Dieing,and can afford it. What a Pisser
    http://www.ewiz.com/detail.php?src=eb&name=HD-W10EAVS

Western Digital WD10EAVS 1TB SATA2 8MB Power-saving Hard Drive
    Price: $95.99
    Free Ground Shipping

Even the Combo deals look good

11. Estuansis

Estuansis Active member

Well here's hoping. Should be here Friday so I can see what the thing'll do this weekend. I'd be happy enough at 3.2GHz using the FSB.

12. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

Nice deal. You can get them slightly cheaper than that in the UK, but only on one-per-order special offers. The standard price is about 5-10% higher than that here.

13. greensman

greensman Regular member

First off... pretty good deal. LOL.. You need to post that in the PC Good deals thread. ;)

NOW on to what I actually caught in that post. See the RED highlighted "section"?? Are you messing about or is there something more to that?? Of course I know we're all gonna meet that end some day but it seems a little more "cryptic" than normal. :)

Hope all is well my friend. :D

Your friend,

...the GM

14. rick5446

rick5446 Guest

Just what it implies. Days,Weeks,Months. Who knows !!

15. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

Estuansis,
    I also have a 7750BE. You won't even need to touch the FSB at all for 3.2GHz. Just up the CPU multiplier to 16x, kick the CPU voltage up to around 1.43v and it should do just fine. Set the memory multiplier to x533 if you have 1066 memory. at 3.2GHz the memory will be running right at 1066. You may need to upgrade the bios to the latest to let the MB know that it's a socket AM2+ CPU. Set the memory to Ganged mode for Dual Channel. fredbun has the same setup as you and it was his first build. He had no problems at all, except for me laughing at him when he tried to install the Freezer 64 Pro. LOL!!

Best Regards,
    Russ

16. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Russ,
    my situation was probably funnier. Installing the 64 PRO backwards LOL! I imagine my future/Current Ram is thankful for it being in there proper now.

Kevin

Last edited: Apr 16, 2009
  17. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

Hey Kevin,
    Nah, his was just as funny. That's what he did too! LOL!! It was just funny to listen to him on my end of the phone! LOL!! He swears like a Sailor anyway, so to hear him muttering and cursing was hilarious! Of course I egged him on, telling him that it's easier than an Intel and that I walked a young ladyfriend of mine in Chicago through it over the phone. I'm going, "Come on fred, it's so simple a Girl could do it"! He was about ready to take a hammer to it, but he got it all done and it worked, and we had a good laugh. Welcome to The New AMD Building Thread, BTW!

Best Regards,
    Russ

18. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Well...I feel pretty welcome ;)

19. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

Oman7,
    People can say or think anything they want. I love my AMD, and that's coming from a very fast E6750. I imagine I will like it even more once I get the new MB!

Russ

20. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

Pff, very fast. Buy an E8600! haha