1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

the NEW NINTENDO DS

Discussion in 'Nintendo Gamecube - General discussion' started by rio001, Nov 10, 2004.

1. rio001

rio001 Member

i have heard bout the new NDS that is comming out.. and how u only need 1 game to play multy player.. the thing i am woundering is...........

the GBA and GBA/sp are able to connect to game cube.. can you still do this with the new DS??? i have looked at soo many sites.. and no one has said 1 word or even have a goood pic to see the back of the system and if there is a port there... does anyone have inside info or even some info about this..

2. ssjowowo

ssjowowo Member

the nintendo ds does not have a connection port as the gba has..all the connections are done wirelessly using the build-in wireless technology. so it is not possible to connect lets say o gba with a ds, nor the ds with the gamecube

3. rio001

rio001 Member

what about.. haveing the wire less for the GBA. would that work if not then thats not that cool... kinda have to keep my GBA SP since well all my friends do not want to get the system..

4. ssjowowo

ssjowowo Member

no..the ds cannot connect wirelessly with the gba even if you have the wireless adaptor for the gba..they use different technologies. the gba adaptor uses a proprietary technology whereas the ds uses wifi

5. rio001

rio001 Member

well that just sucks.. now its going to be harder to get my friends to get it now lol i was going to sell my GBA but not if i can't connect to my friends...

6. Maryela3

Maryela3 Guest

im truly disssapointed of this new Ds thing i mean look at it its crap!!!!
    Im not gonna but i prefer to stick a little bit more with the GBA
    an i think the Ds will be able to connect to the Gamecube probably gamecube now will want us to buy some kind of receptor that will be connected so we would be able to somehow play with it and the Gc but i cant imagine how
    and i would better wait till the PSP comes out and my man ca buy it for me
    Maria =)

7. Maryela3

Maryela3 Guest

Um if you dont understand my post um what i wanted to say is Dont but the DS stick wait till the PsP comes out.
    im not antgame cube or anything iits just the tre
    and well yeah i think a receptor will came out for the gamecube and thanks to the wirelss tecnology we sould be able touse them both one day.
    however I cant imagine how
    jje
    maria
    sorry for my bad english

8. rio001

rio001 Member

well from what i heard the psp is sooo bad.. other then it looks like it pays ps2 looking games... but the battary life is only like 2 hours.. and i can't even find a good site that tells me about it.. and when it comes out. SO MANY THINGS TO GET SO LITTLE TIME lol

9. ssjowowo

ssjowowo Member

the psp is pretty lame..i mean who would buy it to play ports of ps2 games(most of the games announced will be ps2 ports with some modifications) on a small screen or even buy movies on disks that can be played only on psp? also the battery life issue is of very big concern as sony announced it to be 4-6 hours (with half the volume and headphones, half the contrast, without online features etc). ds on the other hand has only unique games with unique controls and some original ideas that are sure to provide many hours of fun gameplay on the move...so forget about the psp

10. rio001

rio001 Member

i soo agree with u .... to hell with psp i might get it or something to try it but it does not impress me to much and how much is it going to cost?? but ya i just got to convince my friends to get the DS so i got other ppl to play with.

11. dsepT

dsepT Member

Well from what i keep hearing is that the PSP is horible no effence it is really nice and got some great feature's but it doesnt have what most people like, and that is the gaming. Kids only are going to want that for the features and the DVD,MP3 honestly i dont really care i would much rather be satisfied with the NINTENDO DS because its got the games graphics may not be the same graphic's but its still orginal, Represent go out there and get the DS not the new PSP besides what come's out first :)

12. rio001

rio001 Member

ya i am getting it on sunday... hehe and i know this is off topic but i got metroid 1 day early :) hehehe it came out on the 17th (today) and i got it yesterday :)

but i heard there are 15 titles comming out on sunday.. some are GOOD some are well what the hell was nintendo thinking.,. but there are other ppl that like these kind of games so GO U .... but ya 4 more days KICK ASS!!!

13. StoneRain

StoneRain Member

I got MP2 on the 15th at 5pm, other people got it days before me...

The DS really does rock. I played with one in the store. I would put the quality right between N64 and GC. plus, the touch pad is just mind blowing. It rocks, I'm glad I'm getting it. I just hope it works with my EZFA.

14. grmbl

grmbl Regular member

MP2 is released here(belgium) only for the 26th this month... =(

15. grmbl

grmbl Regular member

ontopic: maybe nintendo comes with a handy wireless connection for the gamecube...I wonder why they haven't made one for the gba/gc connection? There is one for gba/gba, no? That short cable freeks me out. =)

16. rio001

rio001 Member

hey all i just got my new ds today hehe soo nice.. but i am woundering if there is a way to play it online??i have heard that u can play ppl around the world... etc.. and i am woundering if there is any truth to this??? does anyone have any info and that u can play all gameboy games on it as well...??

17. rio001

rio001 Member

here is another thing... if ppl have the GBA flash card will it work the same way like will it work at all?? if so i am going to get a 1 gig one... but not if it does not work.

18. ssjowowo

ssjowowo Member

for playing ds online check http://www.teamxlink.co.uk/
    they are doing some really great job with tunneling consoles and expect the same with ds. as for the flash card it will probably work on ds but not sure until i get the ds in my hands. also ds can only play gameboy advance games, meaning older gameboy games will not work as some add-on devices such as e-card reader etc

19. rio001

rio001 Member

this http://www.teamxlink.co.uk/ what does it do there is a download link for it to get XLink Kai: Evolution 7 what is that??? sorry i have never heard of this before.. can u explain?? i wounder if they will even have a flash card or something to make the DS games .. i am not sure if this is going to be possable UNLESS u buy a SD flash card and do it that way.. or soemthing .. well let me know thansk :)

20. StoneRain

StoneRain Member

I have an EZF2 256M and it works just fine. but dont be fooled. you cannot rip DS games and put them on a GBA flash cart. I have been very much enjoying the new euro zelda on my DS. It is great. Love the stereo.