1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The (new) Official PC building thread!

Discussion in 'Building a new PC' started by creaky, Nov 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. abuzar1

abuzar1 Senior member

Celica? C'mon man that's a girls car!

2. Lp531

Lp531 Regular member

@theonejrs
    I use to play with Cow Magnet as a Kid...the kind for Ranches...had more then one busted knuckle from just that sort of thing...I guess I never learned...

3. Lp531

Lp531 Regular member

Not with an Aluminum Lexus V8...LOL..:)

4. abuzar1

abuzar1 Senior member

Wait I don't get it. Do you have a Celica or a Lexus?

I personally prefer the BMW M3s.

5. greensman

greensman Regular member

His case is a Celica with a Lexus aluminum V8 installed for a custom look. LOL. Thought that I'd at least hit something close to TOPIC. :p

....gm

Have a Merry Christmas everyone. :D

6. abuzar1

abuzar1 Senior member

Haha I thought we were talking about cars! That was pretty funny though, I laughed.

7. Lp531

Lp531 Regular member

75 Celica with a (Graymarket/Japan Only) Mid 80' 4.3 Aluminum HEMI V8 with 4speed A/T O/D trans...built in the 80's...75 and earlier does not require Smog in Cali...Engine is out of a Century Limousine used only in Japan...[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    These are really Old Pictures...Does not due the Colors Justice...Built around 84...

8. greensman

greensman Regular member

I can tell your age here abuzar. lol. It was a CAR!! I know Lp531 a little and he has some pretty cool stuff. If I remember right his brother or brother-in-law has some really COOL toys.... :D

NOW are we gonna talk about COMPUTERS, cars, girls (better NOT abcd will get involved and then in trouble....lol....j/k Scott), magnets, or what???? :p hehehe.

.....gm

9. abuzar1

abuzar1 Senior member

When you said case I assumed a computer case, that you were jokingly about some computer parts or whatever. You should have just said you installed a lexus engine in a new car.

That's a pretty cool car though.

10. Lp531

Lp531 Regular member

@abuzar1
    New car?..it's 33 years Old...I'm OG Fast & Furious...LOL..:)
    Lp...

@ greenie
    It has a computer...So in essence...the car is just the case for the Compy...so...I have been on Topic all along...XD
    Think the Mods will buy it?..

Last edited: Dec 24, 2007
  11. greensman

greensman Regular member

That's why I said you had the Celica Case...LOL.

NOPE but I think that the Christmas Spirit will get the best of them. :p How in the world did you get that Lexus (toyota really...:D) V8?

....gm

ON Topic....

Had my first BSOD!!! EVER!!!! It was on my main rig and I think that I've narrowed it down to a bad memory module. :( I'll do some more testing to make sure but I took out all of my RAM and stuck one in that I thought was good and the machine has ran for 24 hours now with ZERO probs. Dang cheap RAM. It was some of the first stuff that I bought and didn't know any better (Ultra PC 3200 DDR 400 stuff w/ heatsinks). I didn't even OC it. Makes me even sadder. lol.

12. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

Lp531,
    This was my last good ride! I had just picked it up at the dealer out on Long Island N.Y. Very refined for a true sports car.

[​IMG]

This was my Wife's

[​IMG]

She wanted to enter in in this Concours thing, and spent a week detailing it! LOL!!
    Sold them both in 96 after she died. We lived back east then in N.Y.

God, those days were fun. Not a very civilized car, but a blast to drive, and she drove it well! Hope the Mod's don't mind (they do have computers in them don't they?) LOL!! I put pics of them both on the net about 10 years ago! I had to hunt to remember where I put them! LOL!!

Best Regards,
    Russ

Last edited: Dec 25, 2007
  13. Lp531

Lp531 Regular member

@Greensman
    Just Shoehorned it in there...good old fashioned American Hot Rodding...The engine is a 4V-UE...its an All Aluminum...scaled down version...of a 426 Hemi...the design is near identical...
    Got it from a source...They use them in racing still...and apparently they were used in Australia...I seem to find lots of info on them from down under...
    Some Early Japanesse Celica's had Nasty 18-RG Dual Overhead cam (4) cyl engines from the factory...they weren't allowed in the =USA= Due to smog...

Getting Ready to due a Vista install...so Wish Me Luck...going to need it with Vista..:)
    @theonejrs
    Look's like I picked the wrong line of work...Those must of been Fun...

14. greensman

greensman Regular member

Russ,
    Are you funnin?? Those are expensive autos!!! :D

Lp that's cool, I love Toyota stuff. Drives me a 94 Camry with about 160,000 on it. ;)

Again back to On Topic stuff....lol
    I checked the RAM the old fashioned way. One at a time across the slots and then one at a time on slot #1. :D They all ran Windows just fine. Could it be that they (4 sticks) don't get along or something? They've been in the puter for over 3 months now. :S It has me puzzled. I put the "original" RAM back in. The Ultra PC 3200 with h/s on them. Any ideas fellas?? tia...

...gm

15. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

Greensman,
    Nope! Neither were bought new and between my wife and I we both made what would even today, be considered a very good living! I bought the Pantera at the end of 89 and she bought the F-40 in 94. She was a Trauma center RN and eventually became Head Nurse of the unit in 93. I spent 38 years in Medical and Dental and am a Federally Certified X-Ray Repair Technician. I used to travel all over the world on somebody else's dime! LOL!!

Best Regards,
    Russ

16. Lp531

Lp531 Regular member

During Vista install the Video Card went Belly-up...Damn...Installed a temp card...Vista is back on the road to install...will post some pic's of the build...

@theonejrs
    Good taste in cars...where were the pic's taken?..

17. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

Lol dear oh dear Abuzar you have very little taste in cars, eh?
    That's some tasty stuff there theone, although I'm not entirely sure it counts as being on topic...
    In any case, merry christmas to the lot of you.
    And best of luck with Vista, Lp, you'll need it!

18. abuzar1

abuzar1 Senior member

Hey man I only talk about stuff I can afford. I CAN afford a M3, but I CANT afford a Ferrari 360 Spider, or a Aston Martin Vanquish, or a Bugatti Veyron, the list goes on...

LP, I didn't mean new car I mean new car for the engine. lol whats your name btw?

Russ, bro if you can afford a Ferrari why do you even put cost into consideration when you build pcs? You could build your self a quad sli setup and break a sweat!

EDIT: Windows Mobile phones are considered computers right? 'Cause I just got me a T-mobile Shadow. It takes the clunkiness out of Windows Mobile thats for sure!
    [​IMG]

19. Lp531

Lp531 Regular member

@abuzar1
    Its Les...but everyone calls me Lp...Whats yours?..

@sam
    I'd ask you yours...but its kind of obvious..:) Actually Vista is an easy install...The only problem is getting Vista to work with the other programs you install...I only like the Media Center...the rest of it Su@ks...Its a HTCP build...so...its Vista...

20. abuzar1

abuzar1 Senior member

My name is Abuzar, but a lot of people call me booze lol.

EDIT: Lp, why not try Windows MCE?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.