1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The (new) Official PC building thread!

Discussion in 'Building a new PC' started by creaky, Nov 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

damn i want one!!!!!!!!looking at some of those board they have the copper tubeing wraping around in there i take it that is part of the cooling system needed??? what do you do hook it up to your regfrigarator??????????lol

your right greensman.. no way this poor boy could afford that setup....400 for mobo 900 for cpu 1000 for 8gb mem plus stock in the local electric company.... hell if ya cant dream what can ya doooooo,,,lol

makes what i have now look like the old abacuss slide...lol

2. greensman

greensman Regular member

cincyrob,
    Know what your talking about, but a good build can be had for not a lot of money. You already have some of the components; HDD and optical drives, monitor, keyboard and such. All you will really need is a case, mobo, cpu with fan, RAM, video card, and some other cheap stuff. lol. All this can be had for less than 1K I would think. lol. NOT to much $$$$ involved. I'm already thinking about the new build for next year. YEAH!!!

..........c

3. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

yea i have alot of the stuff needed now but the little lady wont let me take from that puter...lol she uses it also.. so im gonna have to start from scratch... plus ill never find the deal on another HD like i did when i got this 250gb($54) sale at BB.... plus i want sata everything when i do get around to it in the next month..

4. greensman

greensman Regular member

I understand not wanting or not able to take from the old computer. I have an old Dell and only used parts for a while (until $$$ was there) before other parts were added to complete the new (2nd) puter. The parts that you have to add won't be that much. I have a KVM too, so no need for 2 monitors, keyboards, and mice. lol

Good luck and use these guys for help, they know there shtuff.....

.........c

5. taz1974

taz1974 Member

6. greensman

greensman Regular member

I like the ECS mobo but I'm not the one with answers. You asked. lol.

.....c

7. Lp531

Lp531 Regular member

Take a look at these MB...this is whats available from newegg in 590 chipsets which is what I would recommend with AMD/CPU and SLI...sorry I havn't got back...trying to find markings for next model I want to build...finally found correct name of bomber...can't find nose art marking's...and additional gun spec's...and gun placements anywhere...

Anybody know anything about "B-17" bomber official name "Lucy" nickname "Old 666"...tail #666

Does AD have a Scale Model building thread?..Anyone...

MB Link:
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...07191935+1071921478&Submit=ENE&SubCategory=22

8. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

greensman , you are going to like that 7600GT, good choice man!!!

Lp531 you can always start one in the SV

9. Lp531

Lp531 Regular member

Won't do any good if no else builds fine scale models...It would just be me posting pic's of works in progress by me and my brothers...
    I was just wondering...I know there is all kinds of threads in AD...

Computer modding is similar to model building...attention to details...

10. shuboy00

shuboy00 Member

Never hurts to try right???

11. herrick

herrick Regular member

I feel like a leper...anyone going to take a stab at my questions above? I want to play in the sand box too you know! LOL!!!

Last edited: Jan 22, 2007
  12. Lp531

Lp531 Regular member

@herrick
    marsey99 has the fata1ity...I beleive...

I like the Sunbeams for just fan speed contol without temp monitor panel...or if using high amp fans...

Use the Enermax's if I want temp monitor...

13. herrick

herrick Regular member

At this point can you give me a heads up on a free program to adjust my fans? Im broke now... AND are the Sunbeams manually controlled? I want to controll my fan manually...that way in a middle of a game I can make the right adjustments, with software you can not do this? as for temp sensor meters you say use Enermax's...do yo have any sites that I can go to for the best prices...

thanks for your time and effert and the fast reply, Its a wonderful thing to feel the sand between your toes- LOL

14. Lp531

Lp531 Regular member

I have never use software based...I never plug fans into Motherboards...do not want that kind of drain on board...

Don't use powersupply suppy fan controls either...I only use manual controllers...

What color?
    How many fans?
    Fan on/off or just reduced?..
    Are you going to contol CPU Cooler?..dont recommend on/off on CPU cooler...
    Do you have a door over drives?..Clearance Issues with knobs hitting doors...

Fan Sizes?..can some be on same channel...

15. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member

Lp531,

You would have gotten along good with my father. He loved to build scale model military aircraft especially WWII. You couldn't tell his models from the real mccoy. He was good with an airbrush. He had every Jane's military aircraft book ever published along with many others. He's no longer with us unfortunately.

16. Lp531

Lp531 Regular member

Well then maybe I'll take some pic's and start a thread...love modding the models and adding the detail's that make them look real...My brother the Doctor is an artist at painting...

17. marsey99

marsey99 Regular member

speedfan can change your fans but its not compatable with evrey single mobo out so you might be unlucky. iv had one it worked with and one it didnt so for me its been 50/50. but my current case has built in front and rear fan controllers so i havent used it in a while.

http://www.almico.com/speedfan.php for more info on it.

my x-fi is the extreme gamer not the fatal1ty. only tip i can give you is to keep it in the right mode for what you are doing, game for gaming, entertainment for movies and music and the other one (iv not used it yet) for audio capture.

thing is although it will make your sound richer if your speakers arnt up to it, well, it wont sound as good as it could. mine runs to a sony 5.1 htk thru an optical cable and i know that a better amp and speaker set would do the x-fi more justice.

edited after next post expained my question.

18. Lp531

Lp531 Regular member

Hey marsey99
    It was herrick that had a question on Fata1itly sound card...I thought you mentioned having one...I don't know what his question is...he just asked if anyone had one...that he had question if someone did...

19. greensman

greensman Regular member

20. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

@Greensman

pretty sweet drive and price... but are the WD as good as the seagate drives? i know the 2 i have now have the 5 year warranty on it. plus i have had to replace 2 WD drives in my older system grants they did out live there life line for a drive so to say.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.