1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The (new) Official PC building thread!

Discussion in 'Building a new PC' started by creaky, Nov 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. greensman

greensman Regular member

I'm sure Lp is lurking in the shadows somewhere. ;)

Rob I would look at these for a modest case. LINK You don't need anything extreme or even with 9 bays. lol. btw the Antec 900 has bays available you just have to remove a fan or two. ;)

The list I gave is what has free shipping and maybe a discount too and only the EGG choices. ;) Of course the first on the list might better suit my profile but hey it doesn't look to bad for the money. :D

You getting the itch yet?? Happy shopping!!!!! :p

...gm

2. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

OH I GOT THE ITCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!... jsut gotta get the money to scratch it...lol

as for the case. im still going with the CM690...looked at it over at microcenter tonight i like the design of the case . the layout it has for the drives. plus ya can add up to 7 fans to it.. comes with 3 120mm in it allready.

3. Lp531

Lp531 Regular member

I'm around...I've been busy trying to hammer out my contract with the city...The useless red-tape they make you go through...
    Most City Attorney...and Managers...are useless in preparing a contract...

On that wooden case...here is one of mt favorites...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    @Rob
    I will take...and post some pic's...of the CM690 build...I did last night...I'll tell you what I liked...and did not like...

Last edited: Jan 11, 2008
  4. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

well i was joking around when i said that. i would have never thought of it being reality. that is way to sweet.... but dang im no that good at wood working..lol

@LP531 you get those invites?;)

5. Lp531

Lp531 Regular member

@Rob
    Got'em...
    Haven't had time to go there yet...Stupid contract...A new Cosmos 1000 Case...just came out...more geared for cooling over quiet...more of a gaming case...I believe I saw it at Tomshardware...they debuted it at CES...I think the article was under the coverage...of the CES show...

You can make a computer out of anything...a buddy of mine would make them out of cardboard pizza boxes...No Joke..:)

A buddy of mine has a Brand new...unused Antec 900 for sell...He went with the CM690 instead...because it is a business machine...

6. abuzar1

abuzar1 Senior member

I remember seeing that a long time ago on extreme tech.

Anyway about the cases, I have to butt in and tell you about my favorite case. The Thermaltake Armor! Now you may say I'm biased because I have one. I'm not, it's honestly VERY good and that's why I own one.

I like the look of the Antec 1200, but where do you buy it?

Anyway the Armor is only a hundred dollars for one of the most fully featured and aesthetically pleasing cases out there.

7. Lp531

Lp531 Regular member

The Armour is usually around $170...recently around $150...however...They are Nice cases...

8. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

Lp531,
    Beautiful case! I like that! Abuzar needs glasses! LOL!!jk The Thermaltake Armor is nice but this case is a work of art! It's not built, it's crafted! I want one!

Best Regards,
    Russ

9. abuzar1

abuzar1 Senior member

10. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

abuzar1,
    Put the pipe down and back away from the computer! ROFLMAO!! Jk!

As my quote says, I was talking about the Cosmos 1000! LOL!!

I know you love your case, as I do my Cavalier, but the Cosmos 1000 is in another league! It's beautiful! By far the nicest looking case I've ever seen!

Best Regards,
    Russ

11. Deadrum33

Deadrum33 Active member

Yeah Abuzar1 stop teasing me about MY case like that :)

12. abuzar1

abuzar1 Senior member

You know whats funny? Back when I was picking out my parts for the PC my cousins from Canada were over at my place. I had two choices for the case, and I showed them pics of both the Armor and the Cosmos 1000. Not one of them said that the Cosmos is better looking, and they didn't know the price difference either. So it wasn't like the Cosmos is not THAT good looking to justify it's price, I told them they had the exact same price. I personally prefer the Armor as well so it just comes down to personal preference. Also the Armor is definitely in the same league as the Cosmos, but yeah you're right your Cavalier isn't ;) lol kidding kidding!

As for the pipe, well I'm still in the festive mood. Maybe after a week or two.

EDIT: Deadrum, I got a computer in here faster so technically it's MY case. Thanks for the idea though otherwise I would probably have gone with a Antec 900. I can't even imagine not using a Full tower case now!

13. Deadrum33

Deadrum33 Active member

abuzar1---Thats why I make a smile :) after I respond like that. You cant tell I was sarcastically joking without it.

14. abuzar1

abuzar1 Senior member

15. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

abuzar1,
    Aw!! Now you just had to go ahead and say that, But I would choose it over the "Armor" (Isn't that a Meat Packing Company?) LOL!!

First, I am not a fan of window cases to begin with, because many have cooling issues as there's usually no side vent and the fan, if there is one, is often in the wrong place to do any real good, more for show. Second, I think it's a very classy looking case that has a lot of working room for a Mid-Tower. Third, it's completely tool-less. And forth, It's much less expensive and does a better than average job of cooling!

[​IMG]

Don't pick on this Pic now, I took it with our $1 Digital camera! LOL!!

[​IMG]

Everything all looks the same color, it's just the flash on our $1 camera! LOL!!

Best Regards,
    Russ

16. abuzar1

abuzar1 Senior member

Hey now don't feel bad, I was just kidding! You got an excellent case there, I like how you painted your drive silver.

17. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

abuzar1,
    I was just funnin with you! LOL!! I looked all over for a Silver Floppy and the best I could find was someone selling Silver fronts for $40 that may or may not work! My Neighbor's Wife was going to the Auto Parts and I gave her a bay blank to take with her and she matched it to the right color perfectly. I carefully took the face, disk door and button off and Sprayed it with two coats. I know, floppies are out but lots of times where I still need one so I got my silver drive. And thank you! It does look nice!

Best Regards,
    Russ

18. greensman

greensman Regular member

OK I've found it!!! Go here and check it out. lol. Anything that looks like a golfball is ok in my book. hehehe. :p

NOW back to reality!! Unless something comes out with proven rave reviews I'll get the Thermalright or AC Freezer 7 Pro. :D I've done enough research on the matter and I keep seeing those come up test after test and many folks like them and REAL world accounts for bunches with me. ;)

....gm

edit:
    Mixed 2 thoughts there fellas. ;) The Thermalright is in the tests that I see and the AC Freezer 7 is LIKED by all that takes a chance on it, well seems that way anyway. :p For $25 delivered and the temps that I keep hearing how can you NOT at least try it!!!

Last edited: Jan 12, 2008
  19. abuzar1

abuzar1 Senior member

I used to have a floppy drive in my old PC(remember the one with the E6400?), but I decided not to put it in my new PC mainly because I don't like it's cable lol. If I ever need it I will just open up the side and put it in temporarily.

20. abuzar1

abuzar1 Senior member

You can't really go wrong with the AC Freezer 7 Pro. It's cheap too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.