1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The (new) Official PC building thread!

Discussion in 'Building a new PC' started by creaky, Nov 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. He_Man

He_Man Regular member

The only sound i hear is that special kind of time when your playing your Atari 2600 and you hear the sound of crickets outside.

US obviously gets better prices, but hey we have a government that actually works when it wants to. ;)

2. abuzar1

abuzar1 Senior member

Eh whatever we kick ass! lol

I'm just kidding, but I don't understand the comment on how your government works when it wants to. What does it work on, raising taxes?

Ron Paul for president!

3. He_Man

He_Man Regular member

By "working" i mean stabbings in Glasgow are down by 1% percent.

4. shaffaaf

shaffaaf Regular member

the NHS above all sh!ts all over your government. we may pay tax, but FREE health care, inc Ops, dental, eye etc and your own GP.

oh and do my eyes decive me or is Sam giving links of OCuk away? :p j.k

5. He_Man

He_Man Regular member

All the NHS crap about poor quality, if you look at the news is all centred in England. No shit like that in Scotland(Scotland also gets free healthcare :p ), we look out for each other.

6. shaffaaf

shaffaaf Regular member

some hospitals make have crap quality, but then atleast if your having a heart attack now, u wont need to worry about funding the op.

in america, if you dont have health insurance, and you fu(ked until you can pay the money for these things.

7. abuzar1

abuzar1 Senior member

No they'll operate on you. You're just gonna have to file for bankruptcy later.

8. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

abuzar1,
    Last time I was over there, one of the things I liked was that public opinion was much stronger there than here. They're also a lot more relentless in going after what they want when the Government is trying to pull a fast one on them. The people work much better together there and Unify better than here as well. Here, people tend to hang back and see what everyone else is going to do, and often get run over by our huge Bureaucracy in the process. Witness the state you live in! It's the crookedest in the nation, but they have the most money, so they can get away with much more! The UK is a much smaller place so there are less crooks running things as the Government is smaller as well! You would be very surprised how many politicians over there ran afoul of the public, and paid the price when they weren't re-elected, or their party was overthrown!! Yes, computer parts cost more over there, but there Pound is healthier than our Dollar!

Best Regards,
    Russ

9. greensman

greensman Regular member

Guys..... I'm all for talking about certain things but here is not the place. ;) If you want to continue this then PM me or whatever but here is not the place! MOD's do not need to get involved and they will if this continues......I guarantee it.......

Just checked my temps again. (with PC probe II) They are running as good or better on the cpu and 3-5 C lower on the MB. :D I'm about to install Everest Pro!!

...gm

10. abuzar1

abuzar1 Senior member

Yeah our dollar does suck. On the subject of the pound being healthier, one pound equals 213.5 Yen.

Who do you think has a better economy, UK or Japan?

11. shaffaaf

shaffaaf Regular member

thast what i meant. they wont worry abotu the heart attack, just whats after it :p

as for being on topic. i cant wait for the antec twelve hundred. its got everything. im just waiting for the time when antec say the release date. oh and the cosmos has droped to £100 inc vat here. (apart from Ocuk (idiots they are, for nto changing price yet)))

12. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

So! Hows all those new builds coming? What is there now 3 or 4 new computers being built?. Let's see Screen Shots of those Sandra 2007 benchmarks, not that PCMark crap! It used to be that when you did a build, and got everything stable, everyone posted shots of the Benchmarks. Lets see those CPU Arithmetic, Memory Bandwidth and Multi Media scores, so we can discuss on-topic! Give us something to work with here folks! LOL!!

Best Regards,
    Russ

13. abuzar1

abuzar1 Senior member

I was looking at some reviews. Russ, remember a long time ago I asked you about the BT-90? It must have been like 7-8 months ago. Well I'm stuck at the same situation now. Both the BT-90 and the Freezer 7 Pro are the same price and it seems from this review the BT-90 is better. What do you think?

http://www.silentpcreview.com/article645-page5.html

EDIT: Looks like I'm gonna go with the ACF7P. I'm not about to take out my mobo with all this shit attached to it.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2008
  14. He_Man

He_Man Regular member

15. abuzar1

abuzar1 Senior member

Hopefully it's not too expensive. I'm guessing around 350.

16. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

abuzar,
    Let me ask you a question! Do you want to clean out all those nooks and crannies? Remember you are in almost as bad an environment where you are as I am here. You just get more rain than I do!

Newegg has 1140 reviews compared to 167 for the ZeroTherm! with a 77% excellent rating for both! I don't trust any of these places that test anymore. Why? because I happened to notice that many places do them breadboard style, not in a case! I don't trust any of them and that includes Tom's hardware, Anandtech , Silent PC and a whole list of others! Again, why? Because somehow just about every product they test never seems to work quite that well in the real world! Now why is that I wonder?

I do all my testing in the real world, in a proper case just the way I would build it for someone else. I have a great deal of confidence in what I sell as it may be GigaBytes motherboard, Seagates drives, and all the other components that I swear by, but it's still my name and reputation that goes into it. As you well know, I'm about as far as you can get from being a "Me Too" person. I'm constantly trying things that go against logic and convention. Some work out and some don't, but the only things I've burned up have been my own stuff and my own fault as I don't experiment at my customer's expense! I've had one warranty call in the past year, so I think my recommendations are pretty good!

I think comparing $21.99 for the Freezer 7 Pro vs $40.99 for the Zerotherm (Newegg's Prices) tells me that the Freezer 7 Pro is the better buy. A 6 year warranty goes a long way towards me making up my mind. It's very easy to clean as the fan slips off with no effort or tools at all and the surfaces are flat and smooth so dirt doesn't collect that easy.

I've sold over 30 of them this year alone, vs 1 Butterfly, and that was because it was what the customer wanted, as I couldn't convince him otherwise (his Brother recommended it). That was until he put it under his desk thinking it would help keep the dirt out and it clogged up enough to throttle the crap out of the performance, and this is a stock running office machine! I replaced it with a Freezer 7 Pro! LOL!!

Best Regards,
    Russ

17. abuzar1

abuzar1 Senior member

I went ahead and got the ACF7P. Don't want to take chances, plus the not removing the motherboard was a big plus for me.

EDIT: 2500th post, yay! lol

18. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

abuzar1,
    Good move! One of these days I'll get a wider case to fool around with and I'll get one of those Thermalright 120 or 120 ultra coolers and see what it will do for me. It won't be in this machine though, as I like my case too much to give it up!

EDIT:
    This is what I was talking about the other day about ignoring the crap when reading the reviews. This clown gave 5 eggs! ROFLMAO! I would be pissed as hell if that happened to me and I for sure, would not give it more than 1 egg!

Best Regards,
    Russ

19. abuzar1

abuzar1 Senior member

Well if you do decide to get a new case, well you already know my recommendation don't you?

20. greensman

greensman Regular member

The Cooler Master 830 Evo??? lol.

...gm

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.