1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The (new) Official PC building thread!

Discussion in 'Building a new PC' started by creaky, Nov 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. greensman

greensman Regular member

Check out this link He_Man. ;) I know that sam is the resident "guru" on NZXT cases but maybe this will help. :D

....gm

2. greensman

greensman Regular member

I know that my vote doesn't count here He_Man but I like the red/black look better than the blue/black. EVERYONE has blue but I see very few red/black out there. hehehe. Of course I'm a Red Raider so that has something do to with it. lol. :p And for only £1.88 more it's not that big of a deal....... :p

...gm

3. He_Man

He_Man Regular member

Yes i agree. The red/black combination is more effective. I'll wait for OCUK to reply to me and if they say it was out of stock i won't use them again unless i am dead sure that it's in stock. I will then buy the red/black combination.

4. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

ok guys i got a couple questions.
    what are these programs you all are talking about that shows your temps,speed and all that stuff. i have DL'd everest ultimate 2007 but it says trial version on about everything it is supose to be checking.

CPUz??? where can i come across that? and i think i read about a program called sandra? whats that for???

and yes before anyone ask i did google this stuff but there is so many replys to it all its hard to find a good answer...

i wouldnt mind to get all these little programs now before i can get my build going so i have some idea what to look at/for...

5. greensman

greensman Regular member

6. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

Well then, let's see.
    CPUZ: Non-diagnostic Information about your specific CPU, Motherboard and RAM
    Everest: General purpose information tool - tells you almost everything. Not free - you either buy it or um, "be a bit cheeky"
    Speedfan: A free temperature and fan speed monitoring software. Basic, but gets you by.
    Sisoftware Sandra: A comprehensive benchmarking and information tool.

7. He_Man

He_Man Regular member

LOL guys, i looked threw that "Computer Stupidities" website and i challenge someone to beat this one,

About a year ago, a customer from Roswell, NM, called in to place an order. To break the ice, I jokingly asked if he or any of his neighbors had seen any aliens lately. The guy laughed and proceeded to tell me all about the crazies (his word, not mine) that not only live in Roswell but who come on vacation there in hopes of seeing a UFO themselves. As he talked, I processed the order, and the last bit of information I needed to complete it was the guy's email address for marketing purposes.

Customer: "Email! I won't have anything to do with that Internet or modems of any sort! You should be careful about those. Don't you know that once you install a modem, the government can look into your computer and watch everything you do? That's why every night before I go to bed, I turn the monitor to the wall."

8. bigwill68

bigwill68 Guest

@greensman

i thought i would get it on this now.my rig is finally done up and running now.it took some time to get it where i wanted to be .believe me.i'm not done at all.i got more improvement to do..i had to take back the first board p35c-ds3r Rev 1.1 (defect) in the floppy ide connection was recognized by bio's in the boot order still did'nt boot tryed with 3 different floppy drives returned to get rev 2.0 instead everythings working find now..funny thing is when.I returned the first board to micro center.I went thru all the boxes to check on the Rev version and they where all 2.0.I just wondered how.I got stuck with that 1.1 version the first go around..lol..i know i let the saleman hand me the box the first time around dumb me.I did'nt even look inside.i got the screws with the first board.i was honest and gave them but they did'nt come with the second board.I guess you can't have it all..lol
    [​IMG]
    had to get this!!
    [​IMG]Build with first board rev 1.1 now installed rev 2.0

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 14, 2008
  9. abuzar1

abuzar1 Senior member

GM, no overclocking done I see.

Will, how can you stand that case? lol

You guys know how much I love the Armor? I still do, but I do wish they came with a window less version. The blue fans make playing Crysis in the dark a PAIN.

10. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

hehe - then strip them out and get proper fans!

11. He_Man

He_Man Regular member

12. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

abuzar1,
    Paint the window to match the case! LOL!!

Best Regards,
    Russ

13. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

I do indeed!

14. abuzar1

abuzar1 Senior member

I can't afford new fans or anything else right now. I even had to cancel my Freezer 7 Pro order. I'm saving up for a new rifle, and I'm NOT about to screw with my case.

15. greensman

greensman Regular member

sam you're such a shite!!! hehehe. :p

I agree boozer. simple, yet a smart solution. :D

...gm

OK this should prompt another fan discussion. Mwuahahahahahaha!!!!! Go with the Silverstones!!! I started my campaign.......lol

16. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

Lol nah, I'm outgunned on this one. Nobody really cares for dead silent PCs but me...

17. jazmanuk

jazmanuk Member

Hi all, been a while but just started putting my new build together.

I must agree with abuzar I got the ThermalTake Armour in black with the liquid cooling and it is stunning, installed the first LG Blu-Ray Re-Writer and a Pioneer DVR212.

Power supplied via the Corsair Memory HX 620. Thanks Sam nice piece of kit, lots of cables for when I need them, fancy little wallet for when I dont.

The Asus P5E3 Deluxe/WIFI Motherboard Intel X38 is sitting pretty inside the case with the Intel Quad Extreme QX6850(should have been the QX9650 but OCuk cocked up and when I tryed to get it swapped they were out of stock so I settled for this processor as I didnt want to wait any longer).

I have also installed OCZ 2x1GB DDR3 1333MHz ram, 2 more to follow once I have tested the rig.

The two HIS HD3870 are ready to go in at the weekend when I get chance to complete the build.

18. shaffaaf

shaffaaf Regular member

19. shaffaaf

shaffaaf Regular member

20. abuzar1

abuzar1 Senior member

Yeah I've seen those. The first link you sent was bad ass, I'm not liking the second one too much though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.