1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The (new) Official PC building thread!

Discussion in 'Building a new PC' started by creaky, Nov 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. He_Man

He_Man Regular member

Cheers Sammyboy!!!!!!

One last thing, see if i still have in my basket a "today only" offer that was added like 3 days ago. :p

Will it still be eligible with scan?

2. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

It's your call on that one, I highly doubt it...

3. shaffaaf

shaffaaf Regular member

love the ICE Q 3 coolers form HIS. my x1800GTO had one, and clocked amazingly

4. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

I think you're giving the cooler a little too much credit there. The HR-03 on my card doesn't earn me an extra mhz more overclock - I'd need to up the voltage. HIS just obviously know how to make graphics boards.

5. greensman

greensman Regular member

@Lp531,
    Sorry about that and thanks for pointing out the differences. Didn't make a good enough effort at looking that up for the Corsair HX-520.

NOW on to my problems which haven't gone away. lol.

I'm still having problems with the 7600GT!!

Russ which "driver cleaner" did they give you?? If you can link me to it that would be great. I've used Driver Cleaner Pro more than twice and it seems there is something that is still affecting my graphical experience....lol. ;)

HECK I even tried the BETA version of the NEWEST firmware just for giggles and it was SH!TE too!!! Unfortunately I'm lost on this deal. I've never had anything NOT work properly after some "tweaking" and such. ;P Any more ideas from you "masters" would be great. I'm still L@@KING and haven't given up yet but I'm really close to buying another frikkin gpu!!!

What really pisses me off is I'm not able to do anything with the NEW system because this is my present main rig for EVERYTHING!! :D

@sammyboy,
    With my present graphical experience it really SUCKS to try and scroll thru post after post. And besides that you cheeky bugger, I'm lazy most of the time. ;)~

....gm

6. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

Just being curious here.. i know your answer to this greensman, but do the rest of yu guys that post in this thread on a regular basis(guess im beging to be one of them) outside of building puters do ya do any burning?????lmao

with all the time in here and building stuff how do ya get the time to burn? or is that the benefit of have a C2D rig???lolcan do more than 1 thing at a time????

7. abuzar1

abuzar1 Senior member

I burn some games once in a while, just for backing up.

GM, I have a question for you. I have some Divx files that I want to burn as a DVD. I uses nero to burn them but it came out crappy. Like it would have weird sounds, the movie would hang up, and there would be square things all over. What do you use to convert and burn them?

8. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

@abuzar1
    now your talking about something i know a little about....lol
    those little squares yur getting are pixels showing up....
    myself i dontlike nero to convert divx/xvid to dvd

theres a great program called convertxToDvd.it will let you choose alot of options on your converting, menu's, chapters, ect. for me it will take about a hour to do 700mb xvid clip.

sorry to get off topic fella but i had to chime inwhen i could..lol

9. abuzar1

abuzar1 Senior member

Thanks for that, I'll try to use that. I have I am Legend right here waiting to be seen on my Big Screen lol.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2008
  10. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

11. abuzar1

abuzar1 Senior member

Rob, it's shareware to I'll just torrent it ;)

How much do you guys think this is worth?
    [​IMG]

12. Deadrum33

Deadrum33 Active member

13. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

got a case here i would like ya all top look at. tell me if there would be enough air flow in this. it only looks like it can hold 2 fans. 1 in the front 1 in the rear..

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811119115

ga-p35-ds3r
    e6750
    2 gigs of corsair mem ddr2(maybe 3 gigs)
    ac freezer 7 pro
    small gpu
    CM real power 550w psu

thats what i plan on putting in it

14. greensman

greensman Regular member

Rob that's a good little case and worth the money but check this one out and see what you think. :) It has an optional front case mount as well. :) the EGG link too....

hth.....

btw you should have purchased the one I linked you to the other day. :)~ hehehe....

...gm

15. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

@greensman.
    yea i should have gotten that one then but i didnt..lol to be honest im still set on the CM690. i just like the looks of that case.

plus i guess for me i am wanting the option of 3 or more fans. just for the fact of my house tends to be a little on the warm side plus ihave fuel oil as my heat. so thats dusty as can be..so the more fans the better in this case...atleast thats my logic on it..lol

edit to add
    that egg link there i just looked at that same tower but the one with the real power 550w psu in it... once again im concerned if there will be enough air flow in it...

16. greensman

greensman Regular member

Everyone has seen this before but I just took the "screeny" for you ROB. It's in my X2 3800 AMD rig and has been running for over 6 hours but NOT at load just idle and internet speed. lol. :p

The case is a Cooler Master 330 Elite.... link to screeny...

Trust me it'll cool just fine and even on this cpu. The cpu you are looking at runs MUCH cooler than this one does. Of course it's not OC'd right now cause of the STUPID gpu!!!

....gm

17. abuzar1

abuzar1 Senior member

GM, you haven't overclocked your CPU? GPU doesn't have anything to do with CPU overclocking...

EDIT: I'm going to be building a new PC soon. I'm not getting the Armor(while still an excellent case) again because of the lights and I want to try something new lol.

The Cosmos seems pretty cheap.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811119138

18. bigwill68

bigwill68 Guest

aight greensman your not the only person havin video issue with your card..I got this cheapee card here when i did my built sorry fokes.i'm not into all that gaming on the computer.i'll just grad the ps2 instead.the card did'nt come with any disc with drives it's working normal without drives but .i do get(the new hardware message found) everytime i start up..lol. i tryed to find some sites on the drives but if anybody can do better let me know and if there the same site.i seen.i'll let you know..thanks
    http://microcenter.com/single_product_results.phtml?product_id=0262700

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 17, 2008
  19. abuzar1

abuzar1 Senior member

Last edited: Jan 17, 2008
  20. bigwill68

bigwill68 Guest

Yea true..lol but my pockets ain't that deep..video display don't impress me that much long as it shows up on the monitor..lol plus it's the motherboard and cpu that counts to me power and a decent looking job putting it together all in all the out come and what it can do..
    thanks for the link brother..

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 17, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.