1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The (new) Official PC building thread!

Discussion in 'Building a new PC' started by creaky, Nov 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. abuzar1

abuzar1 Senior member

No problem, I just cant imagine still playing stuff on the PS2 I guess. My PS2 broke down and I never touched it again. I had an Xbox, even back then it looked better.

2. greensman

greensman Regular member

Yes I'm aware of that. lol. BUT I was talking of the AMD rig not the Intel one. ;) I switched out now and I'm on the Intel rig.

@ Russ or Lp531,
    I've given up. I went thru 3 different installers from the beta to the one you linked to Russ. I don't have another pCI slot to try that 7600GT on so I might give it a go on the Intel machine to see what the deal is there. lol. It's lucky I'm in a good mood. It could end up on the interstate if it's not careful. hehehe. ;)

I uninstalled at least 8 times from the normal Windows app to Safe mode with Networking and w/o.... Any ideas fellas??

Gonna rip a movie and see what this new THANG has got. lol. Oh and don't worry there boozer, I'll get to OC'ing this thing sooner or later. ;P

..gm

3. bigwill68

bigwill68 Guest

Gonna rip a movie and see what this new THANG has got. lol. Oh and don't worry there boozer, I'll get to OC'ing this thing sooner or later. ;P

..gm[/quote]

We will see b4 and after the Oc..I hope..I heard that ConvertX2Dvd is still giving a problem in slow converting..I know it did on the OLd P3 i had b4 this build 4 hours of transcoding..I don't know how long it will take on this core 2 hav'en had a chance to test it yet..

4. Lp531

Lp531 Regular member

@Greenie
    Whats it doing?..
    I know you were having some issues that you thought were driver related...this is on the new Intell build right?..
    Is the 7600 a new card?..or just new to this build?..
    I thought you got a 8300?..

5. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

Abuzar: I've had my PS2 for 5 years without fault. When I bought it back in 2002, it was half the price of the xbox so the graphics being marginally inferior (and I do mean marginally) doesn't really bother me.
    Sorry for the OTP.

6. He_Man

He_Man Regular member

cincyrob, sorry i am abit late but yes i do alot of burning. I first got started on here due to burning/backing up PS2 games(i now have about 350 for swap magic)

My fav little diamond is DVD Decrypter.

7. greensman

greensman Regular member

For clarification. ;)

Intel rig:
    FoxConn8400GS
    Crucial RAM
    E6850
    Gigabyte P35-DS3P mobo
    CM-850W p/s
    3 x 320 Seagates
    4-5 ODD's of different makes and models
    and a partridge in a pear tree......hehehe

AMD rig:
    BFG 7600GT OC
    Ultra RAM
    X2 3800
    ASUS A8N5X mobo
    Corsair VX-550
    2 x 250 WD
    4 ODD's of different makes and models
    and two turtle doves...... :p

What the 7600GT is doing is PISSING me OFF!!! It started a while back with random BSOD's that were caused by nVidia f/w according to windows. (sorry I can't post an error log....at work.... :S) So I went on a quest to find the answer and from what I read (which was way to much I think) everything indicated a software conflict, mainly a much needed update for the nVidia drivers.

SO............. I d/l the NEW drivers from the nVidia website and proceeded to update the drivers. Well that was a total failure. It wouldn't even give me a screen any more and I had to reboot and go into the BOOT MENU and choose "last known good configuration" (and many times after that too...lol) to get back to "viewing" my screen. At that point is when I lost all nVidia based drivers and it's been stuck with Winblows drivers because the nVidia drivers will NOT work. At least I'm not getting BSOD's anymore.....lol.

I went thru multiple driver removals (with Driver Cleaner Pro) and re-installed ALL the drivers TWICE and the display drivers at least 5 times. I used the ones that Russ sent me, the NEWEST "official" ones, and the NEWEST "beta" ones. I couldn't find the ORIGINAL install disc so I can't try those for now. ;)~

I hope that answers some questions and if I need to post more lemme know, CAUSE I'm about to thro that SOB in the street. lol.

.....gm

8. abuzar1

abuzar1 Senior member

Why don't you just re-install windows? Start all fresh.

9. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

Have you tested whether the card works properly or not? Switch the 8400GS in temporarily and see if it works.

10. abuzar1

abuzar1 Senior member

I have a question. If I buy a P35 board that has 16X and 4X electrical, will it screw up crossfire? On Gigabytes page it says it supports it but will I get full performance out of it?

11. bigwill68

bigwill68 Guest

12. greensman

greensman Regular member

GREAT idea!! I've thought of that on more than one occasion but I don't want to deal with re-installing all these progies again. It would take me 3 days!! lol. Anyway I would like to fix the problem first if possible. A FRESH install of Windows XP is my last resort. :D

That's my next step. Switch cards and see what happens? ;) The 7600GT is a better card than the 8400GS anyway. lol.

...gm

add:
    sorry got distracted during my reply...so it might be a little late..lol

13. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

16x and 4x is doable with crossfire I think, but you'll lose a reasonable amount of performance. Single cards don't mind running on 4x, but crossfire may have issues.

14. bigwill68

bigwill68 Guest

@abuzar1

I turn my cpu back up to specs you gave me to see what would happen again.it seem to that memory fsb does'nt change stays the same is it because me & you got to different boards versions.i mean that we will get different reading or are bio tweak is different in the bio's you said that ram 2.00 multi would put me at 900 it only puts me at 840.i dont no y..the cpu at 420 only oc me 26% at 3.36ghz..I dont know maybe cause this a ddr3 board..
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 17, 2008
  15. abuzar1

abuzar1 Senior member

Your everest is DEFINITELY messed up. Never heard of an E6750 with a 11.5x multiplier. Run CPU-Z or PM me your email and I'll send you the right version of everest.

16. He_Man

He_Man Regular member

Good news!
    Quad and dvd drive will be here tommorow!
    And just ordered my case(NZXT LEXA Blackline) and HIS ICEQ3 3870 which will arrive on Monday. Tommorow ill get that crucial 1066mhz ram from bt shop.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2008
  17. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

Excellent, hopefully the case will arrive this time!

18. shaffaaf

shaffaaf Regular member

nice. your build is slowly coming together :)

where'd you get your things from and what price?

and is the blackline, the black and red one, not silver and blue?

19. shaffaaf

shaffaaf Regular member

????what happened last time ???

20. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

Overclockers inexplicably cancelled his order.
    Tough luck to him, but I couldn't help but lol at the extensive discussion we had regarding overclockers, cases, and poor service.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.