1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The (new) Official PC building thread!

Discussion in 'Building a new PC' started by creaky, Nov 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deadrum33

Deadrum33 Active member

I'm not jealous :p Ok maybe a little. I still have some of those too but I wont turn this into the DocTY (RIP, takes hat off in respect...) thread.
    I will ask one last time if you can think of anything that a truly dedicated workbench for building and repairing PC's should have, if even for the silliest convenience. I'm about a week (or 2 if lazy) from finishing cleaning up and final decorating.

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

Deadrum, that is what i'm working on now is a "u" shaped 2 level bench. the 1 leg of the "u" is higher then the other 2 legs which are at sit down level. what level of repair do you want to goto & do you think this should have it's own thread?

3. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

abuzar1,
    Nope! I just sell business machines to Professionals. Doctors, Lawyers and Accountants! All good quality stuff with on-board video, Dual core, 1GB DDR2/PC6400 memory, 80GB HD, DVD Burner, nice case, Keyboard and mouse. Under $600! It's fast to build, and I never have any problems since there's no overclocking. They provide the OS. I gave up on higher end computers because of exactly what you are complaining about! It's not worth arguing with some of those idiots! I laugh in their face when they tell me how cheap WalMart and BestBuy are. I just tell them to go there and buy it then! Let them find out the hard way! ROFLMAO!

Best regards,
    Russ

4. Deadrum33

Deadrum33 Active member

DDP-Thanks for reply, I already have bench anchored into concrete foundation, roughly 8' wide by 3' deep. Im adding 2 20Amp breakers into my electric box, running wire to a few different outlets on both sides with a bank of overhead lights on a dimmer switch next week. Then I finish painting and making the entire area "homey" instead of spartan basement like.
    I was mostly asking about about tricks of the trade probably 10-20 pages ago. Anything I should build into it or toys I couldnt live without. A few people responded with saying magnetic tools but I've since read through a few of the training manuals to pass the CompTIA A+ Certification which specifically say avoid them. It makes sense, I figure next time I build, I'll get around the problem by having a case with pullout mobo tray that way I dont drop anything in places they shouldnt be.

5. greensman

greensman Regular member

NOW that sounds pretty cool until you get to the "final decorating" part. hehehe. :p So you built a dedicated work area for PC building??? I'd have to rebuild my house or buy another one to get the available spaced needed. lol.

GOOD luck with that....

What do you guys think about this case?? link I'm considering buying it for a future build. For the money how could anyone refuse?? lol.

...gm

6. abuzar1

abuzar1 Senior member

That's a pretty good case. I'm still beating myself over passing up on that FREE case!

Sadly enough I might have to use a mid-tower case as full towers got expensive all of a sudden.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2008
  7. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

You think they're expensive in the US, you've got no idea...

8. abuzar1

abuzar1 Senior member

Remember how I wanted the Antec 900? Well it's cheap and I think I am going to have use it for my new build. Here is what I have.

Q6600
    GA-P35C-DS3R
    OCZ Reaper Memory 2GB PC2-6400
    Antec 900
    Corsair 550VX
    Freezer 7 Pro
    8800GT
    Seagate 250GB Sata HDD
    Sony/Nec Dvd burner

All for 977 dollars with shipping. What do you think?

9. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

Come on greenie why ya steeling my thunder??? or am i yours...lol

think im switchin over to that same CM RC-631 case along with 2 of these

maybe one of these controler thingy

just hope it can house a 2 story tall CM cooler...lol

Last edited: Jan 19, 2008
  10. abuzar1

abuzar1 Senior member

That "controller thingy" looks pretty cool. I want one now too.

11. Deadrum33

Deadrum33 Active member

I vote yeah for the "controller thingy" also. There are now two backing votes in favor, this item is now officially "cool".

12. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

well what have i started here...lol

13. abuzar1

abuzar1 Senior member

Well it certainly looks that way.

I can't wait to play Crysis on that 8800GT!

14. greensman

greensman Regular member

What thunder?? lol

I think that case will make a great addition to your build Rob. ;) Buy it now tho, cause they will go fast!! The fan controller is pretty cool but it will take up a 5.25 bay, you know that right?? Only 3 burners there Rob!! :p

You won't be disappointed in the RED fans from Thermaltake but they are a bit louder (ok if you don't have uber-sensitive hearing) than the Cooler Masters, Silverstones, Nexus, Silenex, or even the Scythe case fans......lol. PLEASE let's NOT get into the fan discussion again!! Russ you HUSH!!!!! :p

That cpu cooler will be just fine there buddy. lol. ;P

....gm

btw I'm not getting that case. We had to have some trees trimmed here at the house so that TOOK that money right out the door!! :(

15. bigwill68

bigwill68 Guest

Ic your running with the Ga-P35C-DS3R..y your not goin with the corsair xms2 2gb (2 x 1gb) 240-pin ddr2 sdram 800 (pc2 6400)..?you know newegg.com got it for $77 with a $40 mail-in-bate..
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820145034

i was in micro center today and they had 1 Freezer 7 Pro on the shielf and to customer was fighting over it..who got there first..boy fighting over computer parts these days..lol

all yea they had the e8400 there for $189..man

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 19, 2008
  16. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

hush hush,hush i thought i heard her calling my name.......

oh sorry flashback. heck the noise the fans i have now isnt bad to me so high prefomrance ones should be a blessing...lol

sorry to hear bout the trees. i know how it is to get the extra cash and have to use it on a fuel pump....lol

im watching death sentence right now... pretty sweet azz movie

17. abuzar1

abuzar1 Senior member

18. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

cincyrob,
    You mentioned thunder, and that's what you will get with two of those fans. I bought one for the D-940 and it roars! Thunderblade is a strange name for something that is supposed to be quiet.

Get you a pair of these!
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835220014

They come with their own speed control and at 1300 rpm, they move almost as much air as the Thunderblade, without the Thunder! LOL!! It's what I use for my rear 120mm fan. Then you won't have to spend $75 for a fancy fan controller. Since mine sits about 3' from my right ear, I can tell you that is is pretty quiet and will get quieter with a month or so's use as the ball bearings will run in and smooth out!

Best Regards,
    Russ

19. abuzar1

abuzar1 Senior member

I think he might also be getting it because it looks so damn cool

20. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

Russ.
    im not to worried about the little bit of noise the fans make i got a 9yo 5yo and a 3yo. a little fans noise is nothing to me...lol plus im wanting the cool red LED lights...lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.