1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The (new) Official PC building thread!

Discussion in 'Building a new PC' started by creaky, Nov 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. abuzar1

abuzar1 Senior member

Do any of you know how to convert Divx files to WMA?

2. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

cincyrob,
    Trust me when I tell you, those things are God awful loud. We are going to change out the one in the D-940 shortly because of all the racket it makes! It's advertised as 21 dBA, when in reality it's more like about 31-33 dBA or even more. That's why I say it's aptly named! Even at reduced speed, it's very annoying! I actually hated giving up my LED fans, but I just couldn't stand the noise anymore. My ears thank me and I'm rewarded with very low temps! LOL!!

Best Regards,
    Russ

3. abuzar1

abuzar1 Senior member

Never mind I figured it out.

Also about LED fans, sure they look all nice in the photos. Try playing games or watching movies with them though, they are a PAIN.

4. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

That depends how bright they are...

5. abuzar1

abuzar1 Senior member

Even half bright ones screw it up in a dark room.

6. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

well ive never watched a movie on my computer and doubt it will..lol
    and the only games i play on here is yahoo pool....lol thats another reason im not to worried bout a big GPU..just a burning movies and music here...

7. abuzar1

abuzar1 Senior member

Well if you DO get a decent GPU(they're not much) you can play some really good games.

I prefer playing FPS games on a computer, but since I have a crappy mouse I like using my Xbox 360 controller lol.

8. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member

rob,

if you insist on fans with leds I recommend this fan antec tricool 120 I have a blue one in the front of my case. it has three speeds and the speed does not effect the led brightness like a fan speed controller will do. I run mine on medium and can barely hear it. they also come in green and multi color besides the red and blue.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2008
  9. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

Mort81,
    Sounds like a decent choice to me if you recommend it!

Best Regards,
    Russ

10. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

Out of curiosity I put an S-Flex SFF21F in place of one of my Antec 900's tri-cools. It pushes far more air... lol
    I'm now not so impressed with the 900 fans, good god they're loud on anything but low.

11. He_Man

He_Man Regular member

I'm actually glad i never went with the Antec 900 now. NZXT is uber pwnage.

I also has that SFF21F ordered for Thermalright Extreme which be here on Tuesday from Scan. :D

12. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

Excellent stuff...

13. Lp531

Lp531 Regular member

Just got back from (2) nights with Phil Vassar...What a Great Showman...Impressive Lights...Very Minimal in Numbers...But Very Effective...Extremely personable...Down to Earth...he stayed and signed autographs for over 2hrs...Unreal for a performer of his stature...here's a pic...of the show...
    [​IMG]@Deadrum33
    Lets start here...HSPC Tech Stations...
    http://www.svc.com/techstation-case.html
    Tool Kit's...
    http://www.pcconnection.com/IPA/Sho...10A&srccode=cii_5784816&cpncode=12-37844812-2
    http://computers.pricegrabber.com/t...rd=computer+tool+kit/rd=1/mode=g_us_b_s/skd=1
    http://www.cablestogo.com/product_l...000000129159&gclid=CIrtgv-ChZECFQzOiQodzgLm-w
    You can get some smaller...cheaper tool kits...that have most items that you will find useful...and of course...a good multi meter never hurts... :)

Last edited: Jan 22, 2008
  14. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member

sammorris,

reread my post. is the S-Flex SFF21F led?

I'm so tired of you always being cotraversial and posting a negative response to what ppl like or recommend. if only you knew as much as you think you do. a "little" fan noise doesn't bother most people and most aren't obsessed with absolute silence the way you are. you might have most these gullible kids fooled but you don't me and never did. I'm done here! congratulations, you've succeeded in running off yet another member.

15. abuzar1

abuzar1 Senior member

Come on guys no need to leave the forums.

16. He_Man

He_Man Regular member

*sigh*

If i had a braincell i would put together a PC Building forum and just have no mods where all us "1337" guys can chill out. Off topic would be allowed.

You girls would all be my mods.

We would advertise forum mainly by showing off our systems on youtube(or any appropriate place)

17. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

those look pretty cool. just added to my FAV's so i can have them when its time to order. is the controler something thats on the front of the tower or is it stored inside the case????

the CM RC-631 case. i think has a slot for 2 fans. should the intake be smaller than the exhaust? 80mmm for intake and 120mm for exhaust?
    thought i read somewhere that its better to have more air being sucked out than supplied???

18. abuzar1

abuzar1 Senior member

He_man, we get off-topic here all the time. You were just going over the top with it.

And why did you say "you girls"? I think it's about time to shit up now, or someone will have ddp on your ass.

19. He_Man

He_Man Regular member

It's called a joke.

Sorry if i offended anyones masculinity.

20. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

oh man i just read a few post up above...WTF is going on...im not allowing anyone to leave.period.........you all have to much info for me and other dimwits like myself to be allowed to leave and take all that info....

everyone gets one everyones nerves from time to time thats only human. take a step back and take a break for a bit. then come back with a differnet look at the situation, there hasne been hardly any mods needed in here (well since i have started hanging out in here) and i dont think we need any. thats what we have PM's for . you got a beef with someone PM dont get nasty here in the thread.

i might not know computers like you guys do but i know people and everyone in here is a little off there rocker(including my self) thats what makes this thread fun and exciting. i dont think anyone really means any ill will towards anyone else..just some opinions are stronger than others....

please... please.....lets all just get along.
    now im being greedy. i want ya'll here so i can pick your brains

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.