1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The (new) Official PC building thread!

Discussion in 'Building a new PC' started by creaky, Nov 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. herrick

herrick Regular member

Man that side panel is a HOT momma!

Directron just sent me a email stating they were sorry but sold out! Newegg is sold out and FrozenCPU is sold out... Back to the hunt...LOL

Xoxide does not carry it...
    Svc... could not find

Last edited: Feb 14, 2007
  2. herrick

herrick Regular member

Left my machine alone for a while and came back and the pointer was sluggish...So I took the ball out and cleaned the contact points and it seemed to work for a little bit, then it frooze? a window from Nvida came up stating my msn explorer was having problems...I got windows task manager up and it stated my CPU was at 50% and checked temp and it was at 40C?????????? restarted and temp droped to 32C and things seem to be running OK.

Any thoughts?

3. greensman

greensman Regular member

herrick: Did you uninstall those extra monitoring programs? The only one I would leave might be Everest Home but you only monitor when it's running. :) It sounds more like a software issue at this point. I have done a lot of trouble shooting in the last couple of months so thats my 2c. LOL. Has the problems been an issue since the beginning of this system or did they start with the installation of a program or new piece of hardware?

MORT81 OR LP531 what are your thoughts?

....gm

herrick, msn explorer? Try FIREFOX it's better imo anyway. :)

link to firefox download

edit to add who it's to.....lol

4. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

now remember im not to keen to how to do some of this stuff, but how do you check your temp???? is it in the bios?

5. greensman

greensman Regular member

That question isn't to what I posted is it? LOL. That was directed at herrick.

It depends on your chipset i think. Everest Home will do the job if it's supported with you puter. My old Dell only reads the HDD's but they're within tolerances. lol. You should be able to enter your BIOS and then choose PC health and status to view your vital stats on the puter. :) Give it a try buddy and see what happens. ;-)

link for Everest Home

cincyrob you get my PM??

6. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

well i just got blown away there im lost..lol

yea i got your PM greensman, ive been busy at work and just now replied to it now that im home

7. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member

Yeah everest should work. Sis sandra will work too. I personally use pc probe (software provided for asus mobos) or sandra.

8. greensman

greensman Regular member

Yeh give me a minute and add what you want when I'm finished. :) This is fun, helpin a friend in need. lol.

@all,
    Dang UPS didn't deliver my mobo today. :( So maybe tomorrow. *Crosses fingers*

.....gm

9. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

speaking of delivery..
    i ordered my new 18x liteon this morning from newegg. supose to be 3 day shipping. everything i have gotten from newegg is comeing from cali...instead of New jersey like everything else i got from newegg.. i check the tracking on it, says its comeing from cali. and take 5 days????

10. greensman

greensman Regular member

cincyrob,
    Here's the link to pc probe. It should work since the mobo in your HP is an ASUS. :)

.....gm

edit: forgot to add link......rofl

11. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

i cant get it to download

12. greensman

greensman Regular member

Try it again cincyrob. The link was bad or something. :)

link

btw fixed the one above too........:)

13. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

pretty cool tool there greensman...so explain what i should be looking for on it?

my cpu temp is 41c
    my mb temp is 34c

is this normal

14. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

i have a line flashing saying its out of threshold

+3.3v = out of threshhold

what is this?
    sorry to be so ignorant to this. all new to me

15. greensman

greensman Regular member

That's a little high on the cpu unless it's under stress. I would think 32-39C would be better. I know that some systems run a little warm so don't worry to much as long as it stays below 50C under real stress.

One thing you might do is check the heat sink or cpu fan and cooler if it has one to make sure it's free of dirt/dust and make sure the cpu fan is wizzing right along. When my new puter first starts up it stays around the mid twenties for a while but then comes up with the mobo temps. Then after a little bit more goes into full blown haywire readings(everything goes out of whack except the GPU and HDD's). LOL. That's why I've got another mobo on the way, I don't trust the present mobo. :)

....gm

EDIT: Mort81!!!!! Help here because he's asking things I can't answer yet with respect to an ASUS mobo. cincyrob I just gave you the tool for edification. I can answer more if your using EVerest because I have it. :) What are all the readings? Can you post them or PM me with sensor readings? :)

16. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

now it says power fan below threshold???? im really lost now

17. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

here a few screen shots. sorry to be annoyingyou gus with my stupidity

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. herrick

herrick Regular member

Hay... I like that ver. of PC probe....tried to down load it and it stated my Bios is out of date...And it is not, I flashed it w/ 1303 up-date. anyways I only use one program to continually monitor my machine, the rest of my diagnostic programs I have to turn on. Ive have been having problems w/ msn exsplorer- looks like Ill have to go back to Firefox...I just have come to love the feature set-up, but its getting to the point I cant handle the issues...If I take to long to write a email it shuts down and so on, my buddy has been working on it for weeks, so just going to have to dump it- I guess. temps are doing OK [not where I want them] CPU 32C at idle and mobo at 40C...still to hight for mobe, but new side panel w/ 250mm fan will do the trick as soon as someone has it in stock!

@ cincyrob

Good luck on the temp game...once you get into it, you cant get it out of your mind...Lower temps, lower temps, lower temps- it takes you over- you wake up in the middle of the night and find yourself turning on your puter, nothing else matters...GOD HELP ME- its all consuming- I need help!

OK that being said I am stepping into my time machine and going to watch Star Trek "The Motion Picture" WOW what a step back in time!!! and a way I go..........

19. greensman

greensman Regular member

That is a sweet little progie, that thing is going on my new puter as soon as the mobo comes in. :):):)

rob all looks good but your 3.3v reading, that's low in my book. Guessing that the utility does it's own recognition on the mobo I would bet the voltage is wonky. Don't know this for sure so if Mort81 or Lp531 could interject here it would be nice. :)

....gm

20. Lp531

Lp531 Regular member

Never used ASUS PC Probe...

Looks like the first page is threshhold settings...adjustable...3.3 is set to 10%...

Page 2 shows...3.3 in RED...not within tolerances set...shows it as 2.528...Very Low...a little High is Ok...Low is always Bad...

Page 3 shows...Power Supply fan at 0.0rpm...assuming PS fan sensor is not plugged into MB...or PS does not have sensor...

Page 4 shows...Power Supply setting...to Paused...so it was either not tested or it was what I said above...not plugged in...or No sensor...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.