1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The (new) Official PC building thread!

Discussion in 'Building a new PC' started by creaky, Nov 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

The other products in Corsair's range aren't bad, they're suited to different markets. The HX is just the one that suits most of us best.

2. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

abuzar1,
    I don't have any safety valve posts! besides, my posts stink! Shaffaaf just told me so! ROFLTIH!!

Best Regards,
    Russ

3. abuzar1

abuzar1 Senior member

Don't worry they will get around to it. I PMed ddp when my status didn't change and he got mad at me lol.

4. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

@sammorris
    sorry buddy was just funnin with ya also to be honest i think greensman would look better with the pink case(change his name to Pinky) ROTFPIMP.....
    how ya like that GM????
    gonna go over to microcenter son going on my lunch break and see what they got in stock????

5. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

Abuzar: Yathink? Come on man, you're smarter than that...
    Rob: I know! lol jeez, I was joking too!

6. greensman

greensman Regular member

And he should have. Really who cares about status?? DON'T get me wrong when it comes time you will get your title!! If I remember right there are certain times of the year that they update one's state of being... ROFLPIMP........

jm2c....

....gm

7. abuzar1

abuzar1 Senior member

lol I get brief lapses of no common sense...

8. greensman

greensman Regular member

OK sammy that was a little subtle. lol. I had to reread that post a couple of times to get the humor [:)]<<<<<that....lol

This is driving me crazy.... I've got NEW components in and I can't mess with them until tonight....... CRAP!!!

....gm

Got a question about HDD's. IDE 80GB WD I think. lol. Anyway it will take an OS and all but when you go to reboot into the OS it refuses. Says something about "boot from CD" then "disk boot failure" I've gone into the BIOS and the boot menu and chosen the HDD as first boot device and still same results. Is the drive bad for an OS or going bad ?? I've never had a HDD go bad so don't know. ;) tia.....

Sorry about the vagueness of the post I can get more info later. :S

9. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member

I read the article where they tested the corsair HX620. after testing it they had to set new/better standards for other 600 - 630 watt PSU's. what's that tell ya?

hey pinksman :D sorry, couldn't resist.

10. abuzar1

abuzar1 Senior member

Pinksman!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 7, 2008
  11. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member

greensman, pinksman, or whoever you are now :D,

I had a bad brand new WD SATA 8mb 200gb hhd just a while back that I was going to put in a build I was doing from spare/old hardware. the pc/bios wouldn't even recognize it. the pc mini-speaker kept beeping. I tried it in my pc too. exact same result even though they were two different brands of mobos.

12. shaffaaf

shaffaaf Regular member

dear russ, the admins wont make u an addict becuas eur posts are

[​IMG]

:p

:D

13. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

Where do I start??? Quastions, Questions!!!

shaffaaf,
    LOL!! You call that a Failure! Got the windshield almost Dead Center! Man, you guys are tough! Only about an inch off! LOL!!

abuzar1,

You've just been shown how bad the Ultra's are! Maybe that "Celery" computer you got doesn't use enough juice to get past 364 Watts! LOL!! SHAFFAAF!!! (points to Abuzar) Now that's Failure man! ROLFMGO!! Bring the Drill, and a couple of Coat-hangers, the metal ones! We've got a new Bobble-Head Doll to build!

greensman,

You could become famous as "Pink Thumb"! You know, Tom's older...uh...Brother???, Cousin to "Pinky Lee" (distant)! And who knows where that thumb has been? ROFLMAOTIPMP!

cincyrob,

Just imagine having to explain that "Pink Thumb" to your wife! I'd love to be a fly on the wall for that conversation! LOL!! Oh Yeah!!

Best to all of you,
    Russ

14. greensman

greensman Regular member

NOT like that at all, it's recognized and everything. Even allows installation of an OS (linux-debian, Win XP Pro) but when I go to boot into the OS is shows that error. I'll post the EXACT error later. Again sorry for NOT doing so already!!

....gm

btw who's that U-G-LY SOB you posted abuzar??? hehehe. :p /me looks good in PINK!!! :p

15. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

greensman,
    Check the boot order in the setup. It's not automatic! If it's an IDE and your other drives are Sata, I think it becomes the first drive after the Satas. Check the boot order in the setup, it's probably not set to that drive!

Best Regards Pinkman,
    Russ

16. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

@pinksman and all

microcenter has the E8400 on sale for $189 again and has plenty in stock and the sale is good until 3-2-08. so im good to go there. and still has the CM RC-690 for $19.99 after $30 mir. just worried bout that PSU being on the bottom and all...

come on uncle same post that money in my aCCOUNT.....lol

sorry greensman didnt knowi had the power to changes ones name....lmao!!!!!!!! ;)~

17. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

Greensman: I know the feeling, hang in there buddy!
    Mort81: Tells you a lot about the quality of the unit. After borrowing one for a couple of days I have to say I'm thoroughly impressed. Would love my own, but fact is, my Thermaltake Toughpower really isn't that bad now the fan doesn't ramp up and it's a very capable unit.
    Shaffaaf: Oh dear, seen that before, only without the "failure" shoop.

Russ: Played Crysis earlier, 2560x1600 resolution, all settings high except for shadows and shaders. My power usage? 214W at the mains. The Ultra unit may be made of fail, but let's be honest, a lot of people wouldn't notice. How scary is that?

Rob: My server's PSU sits on the bottom, it's proven fine, just don't drop any screws down there!

18. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

yea but does it sit on the floor/carpet???? i gotta find some place for the second puter anyways.

19. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

My server does, it's PSU doesn't, for obvious reasons!
    But yeah, both my PCs sit on the carpet, there's nowhere else for them to go realistically, my desk is too narrow (depth from the wall) to accommodate a PC, I tried...

20. abuzar1

abuzar1 Senior member

Russ, watch whose build you call a "celery" computer! lol

The Ultra X-Connect 700W is an excellent PSU, I don't care what anyone says! I would use it again if I could, but they don't sell it alone and I cant stand that case.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.