1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The (new) Official PC building thread!

Discussion in 'Building a new PC' started by creaky, Nov 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

RTFM????? cant figure that one out...lol
    i just printed out my rebates. a total of 3 MIR's totaling $80

once i get them back the total for my build will be $573 cant beat that with a 12ft pole...lol
    the red thermaltake 120mm led fans i wanted arent in stock.dont mean much can wait..lol im gonna have the CPU and case in about 2 hours. i called micocenter and they have put aside a E8400 for me. i got 2 hours to get it..lol

your ever so right greensman. im so excited right now its unreal. bad thing about the whole thing now is saturday and sunday dont count towards the 3 day delivery.wednsday the latest maybe tuesday. what ya think. i should take off wednsday???lmao

gotta look at a card reader at microcenter also..

im so fired up right now its unreal..lmao

2. greensman

greensman Regular member

What stage in the process are you in at the EGG? Today could count so I would bet you might get your stuff by Tuesday. They ship from to main areas, Cali and NJ I think. I normally get stuff within 3 days and sometimes 2 days. The EGG is great!! You might have 2 packages, sometimes they break it up to save on shipping a washer sized box. lol.

RTFM = Read The F..... Manual

It wasn't nice that's why the "j/k" was thrown in there. hehehe. :p

...gm

3. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

still at stage 1 right now havetn checked again will shortly.
    oh and i will be reading manuls like they are playboy...lol oh you read playboy?

edit to add:

its at stage 3

Last edited: Feb 8, 2008
  4. bigwill68

bigwill68 Guest

@greensman

i'll make sure he's alright.i'll be there for his first built.i told him .i wanted front row seats to the build.i'm just gonna sit back and watch him do his thing like coach..lol and if he has again questions.i'll help it's like a baby taking his first steps you hold there hand and just let them go and walk..lol, if things get to deep we know who call on the pro's in here..pictures will be taking of the built to post.i just cant wait to see his face when he's done and fires it up..

@ hydro_x86
    [​IMG]
    hey like the case dude.if it's the same 1..?i may go with this case for my summer built this year gonna keep and eye on the price right now..ic it at $159 at newegg as it may go down..for right now.i sticking with a gig'ee p35 - the c this time. i wanna make greensman happy..lol you know.i'm just playin greens..

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 8, 2008
  5. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member

bigwill,

I got that same case for $110 after a $60 MIR. free shipping too. it's just setting here empty for now until I get caught up on another unexpected bill. I'm looking for the hardware I want to be on sale and then I will start buying a piece at a time as they come on sale. I def. want another corsair HX620 PSU and most likely 2gb (2 x 1gb) crucial ballistix DDR2 1066 so if anybody finds these on sale, let me know, please.

BTW, I'm also in the market for a 100pk of verbatim shiny top DVD+R's just in case somebody comes across some on sale.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2008
  6. greensman

greensman Regular member

Now don't make him nervous, he'll sweat like a fatman riding an exercise bike. lol. Oh btw you don't have the credentials he needs for help, you know the Psychological kind.... hehehe. ;P

I saw the "just playin" but seriously you gotta make yourself happy when you build a computer. I've been updating my AMD rig for the last year. lol. I went REALLY cheap to begin with and now it's pretty good except for the rAM. NOT bad RAm but not the best either. It made about 5 passes with Memtest so I'm ok with it. lol. Oh and it went thru about 12-13 hours of Prime95 so again I'm happy. lol.

WE all have different tastes and different preferences on PC components, that's why they make so many different parts. ;)

Anyway good luck with what you got and if you don't like it, get something different. lol.

....gm

7. bigwill68

bigwill68 Guest

I'm surpised you don't run with the taiyo yuden +r 8x printables shiny top..I saw 1 after cincyrob brought 1 to work after printing the label on it.and it look good brother.i'm gonna run with some after.i pick up and epson disc printer..

Meritline got some a 100 packs for $37.99 silver printables 38cents a disc..
    http://meritline.com/taiyo-yuden-8x-dvd-plus-r-silver-inkjet-printable.html

Here's the verbatim's 8x +r $29.99 for a 100pk 28cents a disc!
    http://meritline.com/verbatim-8x-dvd-plus-r-media-94968.html

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 8, 2008
  8. greensman

greensman Regular member

I'm still upset with myself for NOT buying that case at the same time you did. lol.

Morty you might check the EGG for the Crucial Ballistix DDR2 1066, I think they're on sale for $69.99 after MIR. ;) Oh and I know you mentioned the silver shinies but CompUSA has the DigitalMovie DVD+R 25 packs on sale here for $7 each. MCC 003 MID, you might try a pack and see if you likes them. ;)

....gm

9. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

Mort81,
    I thought you and DocTY only used the Verbs for DL because they invented the technology??? That's what Doc told me a few months back. I've been using these for a long time, on Doc's say so!
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817132389

2 Coasters in well over 600 burns, and those both were my own fault. I burned them when I got a message not to! LOL!! The price is right too at $19.99 for 100! Not printable though!

Best Regards,
    Russ

10. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

well i got the case and the E8400 in my little hands right now...lol

11. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member

too all,

thanks for the media suggestions but I have tried all the top name media including taiyo yuden and ritek and verbatim is by far the best performer for me. I won't even argue this again. I have a half full 50pk of TY printable dvd+r's that I'll never use. I seldom (and it was my fault) have any coasters/playback problems with verbatim dvd+r's. verbatim is all I will ever use again. I also have an epson R200 printer and use verbatim hub printable dvd+r's but my inventory on them is good shape.

I'm looking for one of the sales where I can get 100pk of verbatim dvd+r's for around 21 cents a disc after MIR and free shipping. somebody just had a sale like that but it was for dvd-r's not dvd+r's. thanks.

12. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

Mort81,
    Not arguing, just curious because of what DocTY told me the last time he and I discussed DVD +R media! LOL!! I'll keep my eyes open for the Verbs!

Best Regards,
    Russ

13. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member

Russ,

I've had no luck with TY's and besides they cost more than verbs. I would use ritek/ricoh before I would use TY. Doc is correct about the DL media. again, only verbatim period.

14. GregI6

GregI6 Regular member

Yo Sam, for Crysis should i install the 1.1 patch for extra performance?

Oh and have you heard of this?

1: A graphic and performance patch created by Cuban Ultima Doom and Sword's. The installer contains CustomCrysisConfig v1.3 which can also be found at www.incrysis.com forum under the technical section under the name Cuban Ultima Doom Sword's CustomCrysisConfig v1.3. Witch this patch the game never drops under 30 and multiplayer maps give me insane fps, 50 fps or more is not uncommon ;)!

Will this give better graphics?

15. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

Unless it's an official patch to improve the coding of the game underneath, all patches will be improving the game's performance by decreasing the quality of the graphics. Sometimes the effect is hardly noticeable, which is why they're made. Sometimes, however, it is noticeable.
    Those performance stats are irrelevant since he doesn't mention what results he got before. If that's at 800x600 on a decent graphics card, he's achieved nothing. If it's at 1920x1200, it's a decent feat...

16. Pepp77

Pepp77 Regular member

All you guys mention DVD+R's, doesnt anyone use -R's lol

Ive used THESE for as long as I can remember and have had almost no coasters (and those were mostly my fault), but the last lot I ordered came as THESE but I havent had a chance to use them yet, probably wont even until the end of the month when I manage to buy my new computer parts.

And whilst we're on the subject of DVD's would you be so kind as to recommend a good DL internal DVD burner and a decent DL disc for it.

17. Pepp77

Pepp77 Regular member

I cant believe you are getting that case for basically a tenner - thats disgusting - the cheapest Ive found it here is just under £47+postage :(

Computer prices seem so cheap in the states compared to here.

18. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

19. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

dang ddp was that directed at you in the hostility i took it as????

on lunch break now gonna open the box on my cas and play around..lol

yea $19.99 after $40 MIR cant beat it...plus the CPU for $189 thats $4 more than the E6750....lmao

20. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

That's nuts, you can barely find decent cases for £20 here, let alone the equivalent of 20 dollars...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.