1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The (new) Official PC building thread!

Discussion in 'Building a new PC' started by creaky, Nov 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GregI6

GregI6 Regular member

2. greensman

greensman Regular member

sam rob was talking about his times on the old HP boat anchor he has. lol. j/k cincy.. :p

Greg I don't care what sam says.... YES!!!!!! I'm a bit partial to Cooler Master cases but that case is AWESOME!!! Me loves the Stacker series from CM..... :D Be sure to look at it thru the EGG or something like that so you can see all the angles and if it will work for your particular needs. I think that the Cooler Master website has some pretty good pix too. ;)

good luck with your decision....

....gm

3. GregI6

GregI6 Regular member

I'm thinking of buying afew to sell on ebay.

4. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

I wouldn't say no to a Stacker either, I'd much rather have one for my server than my Antec 900, but as for my main PC I've no reason to change to a stacker really, despite how ludicrously cheap that one is.
    If you're selling your Blackline, can I be cheeky and ask how much you're selling it for? An additional NZXT case would be awesome to have a 'matching pair' so to speak, but I don't want to fork out the cash to buy one new. even if it's not much of a discount, I may very well be interested.

5. Deadrum33

Deadrum33 Active member

Doing a Vista build? You and I are in nearly the same situation as far as builds go except I have memory already. Even got the $80 rebate check from Corsair today!
    See, all you builders out there, rebates DO exist! Of course I turned everything in at the beginning of December and waited this long for it, but its unscheduled money so maybe I'll take the wife out with it.

6. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

To be fair though, I'd say corsair are one of the better companies out there for service...

7. GregI6

GregI6 Regular member

If i do sell Sam, you can have it for a knockdown price. Will talk mum into it tonight.

8. shaffaaf

shaffaaf Regular member

Greg, its deffo worth it.

BTW, you selling any other pieces?

9. GregI6

GregI6 Regular member

Na, just case. Won't be selling anything else until i upgrade.

I just realised that the 831 has no fan bracket(to hold 4 fans), so have to find that somewhere.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2008
  10. abuzar1

abuzar1 Senior member

I still haven't gotten any of my rebates :(

I posted them late though, so I don't really expect them.

11. Deadrum33

Deadrum33 Active member

As much as I agree, I have to say I got the Thermaltake $80 rebate (same Armour tower Abuzer already bought and sold) 3 weeks ago and sent each out at the same time.
    I just hope I am able to purchase a Q9450 before they are out of stock, there seems to be as big or bigger anticipation for those as the E8400!

12. abuzar1

abuzar1 Senior member

Yeah well Abuzar didn't manage to sell it after all. Shit happens...

13. Deadrum33

Deadrum33 Active member

Thats OK Boozer, I just had to give you credit where it was due. You are obviously mentally and stylistically superior then most others simply for your great taste in that purchase. LOL, do you still have it up for sale or are you disillusioned by the whole Craigslist process?

14. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

Much appreciated. As corny as it'll look, it makes perfect sense. Having two of the same case allows me to use the same carrybag I have with my existing one so I don't have to break my hands every time I go to a LAN party, always good. Besides, the Silver/Blue and Black/Red combination will make a perfect light/dark effect.

15. abuzar1

abuzar1 Senior member

Well I'm still trying to sell it. Might try ebay, plenty of people on there.

16. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member

@Greg16,

I made a good decision and picked up a CM stacker 830 evo back when it was on sale for $170 with free shipping and after a $60 MIR (being processed now but still waiting for the check) it will only cost $110 total. the exact same case at newegg now costs $250 plus $15 for shipping. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811119103 $265 so I saved $155.

I'm still paying off an unexpected bill so it will be several months before I start buying hardware.

17. greensman

greensman Regular member

Mort you did get a great deal on that case. :p Sorry to hear that you have some money responsibilities that keep you from buying parts. ;) Did you get the link for the Thermalright Ultra 120? It's pretty cheap and if you want that particular Thermalright it's difficult to pass up even with tight money. :D

...gm

18. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member

GM,

I saw the link for the TR ultra 120. thanks but I'm going to wait a bit as I still might go with the TR ultra 120 extreme.

been playing with my new camera and thought I would post a couple pics of my sit since I never have. btw: I already know the front case fan grill/filter needs cleaning. the flash makes it look worse than it really is.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. greensman

greensman Regular member

Mort I have to comment on your "cleanliness"!!! I'm very impressed with the "reflection" we can see on the table.... how do you keep stuff so clean?? lol. btw Danica Patrick isn't wearing her required fire suit... lol. Had to say that with the little candle going on your scanner. :p

OK you've made me want to be a better computer operator. hehehe. That sounds like a line from a movie. :D I'll have to clean my area and post where the GM sits... It may be a few days so don't hold your breath!!!

@boozer,
    I was wondering after looking at the "specs" in your sig.... How many hours of Orthos has that 3.8 OC completed?? Just curious as to the stability. If more than 3 hours I'd be impressed and you have a VERY solid over clocker there. NOT your typical E6750 I would say. :D Also what timings are you running at with your RAM?? Somewhere in the 4-4-4-12 area or LOOSE timings? I'm curious on some of these questions to see if your "tips" could press my OC further than the 3.6 STABLE it's at now... :D A 35% OC (your chip) on a cpu running that speed is nice and I'm jealous. ;)

....gm

20. abuzar1

abuzar1 Senior member

I think I ran a couple of hours of stress tests and everything worked fine. I had to lower it because it was cold in those days and it's not anymore and I'm on the stock cooler so it's 3.6Ghz. BTW my timings have always been 4-4-4-12, lowering them doesn't help me OC the memory further.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.