1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The (new) Official PC building thread!

Discussion in 'Building a new PC' started by creaky, Nov 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

2. bigwill68

bigwill68 Guest

cincyrob wrote:

i got it out now and gonna take it to work with me and see what my buddy bigwill can do with it...lol
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------

ic you wanna put me to work..lol.no problem.i do my best on the issue in hand..i believe robo you gotta go in your bios to change the boot around from booting from sata to idle to make it work right b4 you do any fresh ininstall brother..you may haveto pick up that gigabyte manual and take a look..you know how we are reading direction we want to bypass that and figure out on are own..lol

@gm
    we got the same raid controller card his is the pci express and mine is the regular pci creative i/o pci serial ata and ultra ata..I believe we have different versions here's my SYBA SY-VIA6421-3S1P PCI SATA / IDE Controller Card..i only have two ide drives hooked to mine pig'ee back the 320 wd and old 40 wd my 160 wd is a sata to the board and burners are pata lite'e and uncle ben are hooked to the board..if i would run a pata drive it would be directly to the board not a card in robo's case..i would i perfer using the card as my slave drives instead all extra storage support..right now i have inside the case 7 sata connections that i can still use on the outside i got 3 and i can add 3 more hard drives and two more roms in the case..

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 26, 2008
  3. abuzar1

abuzar1 Senior member

The red one looks much nicer.

4. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

I like them both. So there! :D

5. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

thats all that matters sam is that you like them..
    but im with boozer. the red looks better..lmao

6. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

Well, let's be honest, that doesn't surprise me coming from you! lol

7. abuzar1

abuzar1 Senior member

Red on Black just matches. It goes well with a black shirt and red tie, and it goes well with the computer.

8. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

well i think i got the 100gb ide drive figured out also.i got it running the chkdsk right now and its in the repair part of it like the 250gb sata. i think that oem XP might have made a small partion and messed things up. cause on the 100gb here it shows actually 93.1gb and a 8mb portion. and on the 250gb it had the same 8mb partition also.

now once i get this worked out, and im sure it will be. can i use the seagate wizard and just clone the 250gb andput it on the 100gb.i only have about 18gb of info on the 250.or will it try and clone teh entire 250 and put it on the 100?

edit to add:
    partion,portion,partition.
    what the hell am i saying here???lol

Last edited: Feb 26, 2008
  9. shaffaaf

shaffaaf Regular member

10. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

I'm not sure, some programs are intelligent enough just to make what you've used, others not. This is particularly true due to file fragmentation, make sure you defrag your drive first as a precaution.

Abuzar: You're spot on, it is an awesome combination. I'm going to get some switched Lazer LEDs to pimp it out some more...

Shaff: Why would I hate that case? I was considering buying one, the only reason I didn't was because of how damned expensive it was. The Cosmos is really nice.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2008
  11. shaffaaf

shaffaaf Regular member

becuase its the cosmos S not normal cosmos. and make a amssive racket.

just the fans in there make a 45db sound. (at fullspeed)

12. blivetNC

blivetNC Regular member

@CincyRob,
    I've used both Maxtor's Maxblast software as well as Western Digital's install software to clone Harddrives and have only run into a couple of problems with some of Microsoft's software, Office 2003 to be exact. This program will recognize that it is not on the same disk and will ask you to reinstall the software. My advice, uninstall that program if you have it before you clone the drive. I can't remember the other program(s) but will post back once I do. I'm not sure if Office 2007 acts the same way, I haven't had to rerstore a drive of mine in a while. Post back if you run into any programs which exhibit this behavior when you get done.

13. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

Shaff: Holy cow, why? Why would you do that?

14. shaffaaf

shaffaaf Regular member

hehe.....told you you wont liek it :D

i dont care, id havea fan controller, and i have music on most of the time, its off when i sleep. and noise dont bother me. :)

15. abuzar1

abuzar1 Senior member

Right on. Nothing like a little metal to get rid of fan noises!

Not really metal lol. The most metal I listen to is Disturbed. I mostly listen to band like Breaking Benjamin and Three Days Grace.

16. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

metallica
    For whom the bell toll's

thats what i'll be listening to tonight when im jammin this drive back in my system. gonna put the IDE drive as slave. not gonna be in there long i got high end stuff why settle for ide. gonna get me the 500gb 32mb cache seagate when i get all my rebates back...speaking of that evga sent me a email telling me my rebate request has been accepted and is in the final stage. so thats $20 on the way. need $60 more..lol

ok back to OC'ing
    ifi had that error with windows would that cause me from not being able to get 3.51ghz stable? causeing windows to shut down????

maybe???yes???? gonna try when i get home...lol
    yea im happier than micheal jackson in a boys camp...lol

17. abuzar1

abuzar1 Senior member

Rob, how do you now get to at least 4Ghz man. With your setup I would be pushing the limits, not trying to get above 3.51ghz! lol

18. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

thats just it icant get above the 3.46ghz im at now. keeps shutting down or sputtering when i take it to the next step. im hopeing gettng windows straightend out makes a difference.
    then ill be rideing the lightning...ut oh wheres ddp?

19. abuzar1

abuzar1 Senior member

I don't see why though! What voltage were you running your CPU at?

20. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

the vcore is at 1.300v right now. seems like when i take it up to 1.35v i have the problem of it shutting down. but i also bump up the fsb also to get it up to 3.51ghz

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.