1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The (new) Official PC building thread!

Discussion in 'Building a new PC' started by creaky, Nov 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

yes doc is in his own league....lol
    oh im not in your yard a barking. im trying to geton the porch so i can see how its done by the big dogs;;;;;)))))) heck id say your E6600 will blow my E8400 out of the water no questions asked...

2. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

Oh God! We're Off To See The Wizard! ROFLMAO!!

Russ

3. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member

what have I started?????????

if anybody comes across a super deal on a corsair 620HX psu or TR ultra 120 extreme, please bring it to my attention. about the best I can find on the TR is this including a scyth s-flex SFF21F. TIA

4. greensman

greensman Regular member

5. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member

well done GM. that's an excellent price. I found a little better deal on the TR and S-Flex here

Last edited: Mar 12, 2008
  6. greensman

greensman Regular member

Morty your shopping cart is "empty". lol.

www.svc.com has it for $57.99 + shipping I'm sure but NO fan from what I can tell. :)

I would wait for a while on the 120 Extreme..... svc.com has deals all the time. I'll keep my eye out. :p

....gm

7. abuzar1

abuzar1 Senior member

I don't think the 120 Extreme EVER comes with a fan.

8. greensman

greensman Regular member

The 120 Extreme may not but my Ultra 90 did. :) I haven't bought a 120 Extreme but I did buy the 120 Ultra and I had a fan already so I didn't even think about it. :)

btw using terms like NEVER, EVER, ALWAYS, and couple of others will come back to BITE you most of the time. :p

....gm

9. abuzar1

abuzar1 Senior member

lol Alright, I'll try not to use them then.

10. GregI6

GregI6 Regular member

Yo sam, i finally got my Mum to purchase(hopefully) an x-fi card. What one do i get again?

Last edited: Mar 12, 2008
  11. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

Greg: The basic one, but try and find a retail version so you get the software.
    Abuzar: I've never seen the Ultra 120 come with a fan, if it ever has, then it'll be a deal a shop has put on because Thermalright don't sell them that way. As for the 90 though, I couldn't be sure.

12. greensman

greensman Regular member

FYI it was a deal from the shop. BUT it came with a fREE fan. :p

....gm

13. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

question here fella's i took my case apart.rearanged some cables make it look better.i also took out my mem just to look at them and make sure everything is ok.when i put them back i swapped them out. the stick that was in slot #3 is now in slot #1 and the stick that was in slot #1 is now in slot #3. will this make a difference in it remembering stuff like it should? it booted up fine but did take awhile when windows loaded my personal settings. and now it seems like my mouse and keyboard have a second delay of some sort. some times its ok and others it has that second delay. any ideas?

and yup i checkd the back of the tower where they plug in good and snug in there..lol now remember this is a wireless keyboard and mouse. and i have software that checks the batteries and it says they are in good shape..

14. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

The only wireless keyboard/mouse set I had was completely useless so I've no real experience in the field. What I would say though, is that lags in keyboard AND mouse response point to potential system instability. Moving your RAM sticks might not have changed any of the settings, but on the other hand, it might have. You might want to check in the BIOS to see if any settings that pertain to memory have been altered.

15. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

all the settings were the same in the bios. still at 3.6ghz mem at 2.0 multi running at 800

but i di go and put everything back to default and booted it up and now it seems its all fine. i think im gonna just put a small OC on it 3.4-3.5ghz and leave it alone until i can get me a new PSU....im still not convinced that will solve my problems??????

16. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

well after rebooting it again, changeing setting back to where it will stay 3.6ghz 800mhz mem 2.0 multi

everything is all well?????

17. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

cincyrob,
    You would be very surprised how much difference a good PS makes. I too had lots of glitches when I built the E4300. If I turned the PS off at night, it would double boot every time I turned on the machine. Sometimes it would reset the CPU and memory part of the bios and sometimes it wouldn't. I turn off my PSU because I don't like the things that stay lit unless the power switch on the PSU is turned off.

I use a wireless mouse and have for the last 2 years. I don't like wireless keyboards!

Best Regards,
    Russ

18. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

thats some good info there Russ. so then maybe i should rethink the idea of it being my power supply.. its good t osee that someone else has seen the problem i am haveing..

19. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

cincyrob,
    When I turn my computer on now, it does a real fast "click, click" and boots, every time! Before the new PS it would turn on, off and then back on again, every time! The bios hasn't reset since! The revision 1.0 MB I had would turn on and off for 10-15 minutes when it was real cold. That's why I got the 2.0 to replace it! I've had no other issues since I replaced it. The 12v used to drop quite a bit under load, but with this PSU the lowest it ever gets is 11.99v, and that's only a flicker!

Best Regards,
    Russ

20. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

With my board, if I ever turn off the power to the board entirely (e.g. turning off the PSU switch at the back), when I next turn the system on it will power off then back on again, but just once. This happens every time though, even if the board has only been off for an hour. Normally I leave the PSU switch on overnight, as the wasted electricity is only equal to about 10 minutes of gameplay at the most.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.