1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The (new) Official PC building thread!

Discussion in 'Building a new PC' started by creaky, Nov 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. greensman

greensman Regular member

Now who said something first about that problem?? ;) That psu is a basic unit and is ok for NORMAL computing but it's truly NOT a POWERHOUSE. lol. I can take a picture so you can see one if you want to. :p j/k that wasn't nice. :p Of course that psu didn't cost much, just the frikkin cord..... roflpimp!!!!

....gm

2. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

sammorris,
    It's just the annoying lights on anything plugged into the USB, like the mouse and Disc Stakka. It's not the power, it's just that the lights annoy me, especially the mouse because it flickers!

Best Regards,
    Russ

3. pernal

pernal Regular member

@Mort81
    Code:
    http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/ProductDetail.jsp?ProductCode=373110
    Code:
    http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/ProductDetail.jsp?ProductCode=373100
    The 620 is $50.00 cheaper and free sipping than when I bought mine at Newegg.
    Burn On,
    Russell

4. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

i bow down to you oh master...lmao
    if i remember correct i think i paid more for the power cord than i did for the PSU...lol im still greatful for it. heyi know i can put it on ebay and see what ican get and use it towards a new HX620w corsair..

it hasnt caused it to power off after its been running, just when i restart it it will do as russ said click, click like starting up twice then post like it should but be back at default settings... but i have it backed down right now so i dont think i will have any problems....

gotta leave it where its stable and i dont have to worry about it and get back to burning and posting scans..lol heck i have almost 300 more post in here than in my scan thread...lol but i do enjoy the company.

5. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member

thanks for the links, everybody.

guess I opened up a can of worms about the TR ultra 120 extreme and fan so let me clarify. the TR ultra 120 extreme does not come with a fan, at least to my knowledge, but some places give you the option to add a fan (several choices) at a discounted price.

for example, at directron.com I can add a scythe s-flex SFF21F for $12.99 with less than $.50 increase in shipping.

that same fan at newegg is $25.00 plus $5.58 for shipping. well worth it to buy the h/s and fan at the same time and lots of times some place besides newegg. the one con about newegg is that they don't discount shipping rates for multiple items. each item has a set shipping price regardless of how many items you purchase at the same time.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2008
  6. greensman

greensman Regular member

NOW you've lost your mind!!! I may be the master of my OWN domain but anything computing I've mastered NOTHING!! ;)

By all means sell it. It's a good "cheap" psu but NOT meant for HIGH end computers. You know that and I told you that in the beginning. I'm just glad/happy NOTHING has happened that you will regret... smoke or fire... lol. CROSSES fingers that nothing does. lol..... You can always UNDERCLOCK that BADBOY until you get another psu.....hehehe. NOW that's funny right there!!!!!!!

The Corsair HX-620 is a GREAT psu and will serve you for years. GOOD luck with those rebates and I hope something is available when you decide to purchase..... :D

..gm

7. herrick

herrick Regular member

OK here is what I went with after second 939 mobo went out.

1. HD Sata 36g 10,000 raptor for system
    2. Asus P5n32-E
    3. Core2Duo E6850 3.0
    3. Zalman CNP5770-CU
    4. Corsair XMS

I do believe my heat issue will be over- my case has air pocket issue- BUT I do believe Ill notice the up grade fro my sig.

8. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

Theone: It's funny, because the MS mouse that my cousin has stays on as do many PCs, but I've never seen one flicker, that's a bit weird. My Razer mouse needs so much power over USB that when the PC's off, it is too, so I don't have any annoying lights to worry about there.

Ok guys, my friend asks, why does he get such slow memory bandwidth results? He's been experiencing RAM-like lag in games, and I think this is why. Trouble is, I've no idea how to solve it.
    [​IMG]

9. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

@Mr.E
    i think i might just take it down to stock settings for now just to be safe, for the time being.i really doubt i can tell the difference from 3.0ghz to 3.6ghz while burning anyway..lol now maybe useing dvd-rebuild i might...

10. herrick

herrick Regular member

life is good CPU 24c and Mobo 33c at idle

11. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

@herrick
    what have you desided to get? or have you allready gotten your stuff??

12. herrick

herrick Regular member

Yepper...go up a couple replys...and you see- 0 ill just copy and past...

1. HD Sata 36g 10,000 raptor for system
    2. Asus P5n32-E SLI
    3. Core2Duo E6850 3.0
    3. Zalman CNP5770-CU
    4. Corsair XMS

I put my 320 HD as storage,,,I see a notice from my sig. to the above- LOL

13. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

Mort81,
    That's why I have a commercial account with Newegg. I get the benefit of the reduced shipping because it's just the cost of the shipping for the total package. I bought over $20,000 last year from them so they treat me real good! LOL!! I even get a statement for taxes! ROFLMAO!

BTW! I bought that Acer for $200! considering Wal-Mart gets over $900 for that particular model, it was a steal! I just couldn't turn it down! LOL!!

Russ

14. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

ok just the generic answer to this. just what does SLI get ya????

15. herrick

herrick Regular member

@ cincyrob

about 20-30 % more... I think? not sure if their is a way to test...just going buy what I have read. The reason I like it is I dont have the money to get one good one- so I get one- then later down the road when my pocket book is forgiving a can get the same card and boost performance...cards have to match though....after my up grade my pocket book is not talking to me...BUT right now I can care less....faster PC and the battle of heat is over- after a year and a half and two Asus A8n32-SLI Deluxe mobos [that board is known for heart issues and needs to be in the right case...my case in known for air pockets and the combo killed me]

16. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

well that makes some sence. but let me reword my question. what is SLI? is it for gameing?

17. herrick

herrick Regular member

@ cincyrob

sorry bro- the ability to use two video cards at the same time, there is mobos that will allow you to use 3 video cards also, but the 3 one is only x8 where as the others have x16 pipes...at least on my new board

18. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

ok useing 2 video cards to say use 2 monitors?

sorry im dumb founded right about now. this is new to me...lol

dont say a word Mr.E

19. herrick

herrick Regular member

you can use 2 monitors w/ one vid. card...if the card allows

20. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.