1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The (new) Official PC building thread!

Discussion in 'Building a new PC' started by creaky, Nov 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member

the SATA connectors facing the front shouldn't cause any problems even in a mid tower case. they give you SATA data cables with 90 degree connectors on one end (but you probably wouldn't have to have them). the IDE connector on my asus P5W DH Deluxe faces forward and it doesn't cause any problems in my mid tower CM mystique and IDE male connectors are larger and more cumbersome than SATA male connectors.

2. greensman

greensman Regular member

boozer that is pathetic I would expect at least 900 out of them. ;)

Morty,
    You can't go wrong with that logic, well I don't think so. I would liked to have seen you go with DFI cause I'm interested but ASUS upper end stuff is pretty DANGED good. Russ you hush!!! ;D Nice pick on the 3850 too. Let us know how it does when you finally get everything going... :) btw do you have HDD's yet? We need an update of party favors buddy!! ;)

Ok we all need to PM Lp531.
    I know he's busy but come on!!! Just because you run most of the events for a little town in Cali and organize concerts doesn't mean you can't come and visit now and then. Besides I need someone to make fun of....hehehe. j/k if you read this Lp.. :p

.....gm

3. greensman

greensman Regular member

MOrt you're right about the SATA cables and why don't they include the right-angle cables with the mobo?? Guess that would only work on the top ports anyway...

That Rampage is nice btw. Have you seen it anywhere besides the EGG?? I looked a few weeks ago but NO ONE had it that I could find. ;)

....gm

add: looks like Clubit and XPCgear have it too... here's a link too.. linky

Last edited: Mar 28, 2008
  4. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member

gm, I've got this hdd for my OS just a faunting at the bit patiently waiting for me to get everything here. I'm gonna rob my samsung SATA2 400gb from this rig and order a seagate SATA2 500gb hdd a little after I get the new rig up n runnin. I also plan on getting another 250gb seagate like the one I have and run them in RAID but that will come later. Here's what I have so far:

CM stacker 830 evo case

corsair 620HX PSU

corsair 2 x 1gb matched set DDR2 1066 dominator memory

TR ultra 120 extreme CPU HS w/ a scythe SFF21F fan

6 antec tricool 120mm case fans

soon to have a HIS 3850 GPU

5. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member

ASUS DOES.....................................

6. ZoSoIV

ZoSoIV Active member

7. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

Well, my dead 3870 is now on its way to the post office for its RMA, and my X38-DS4 is sitting beside me. It weighs a ton!

8. Pepp77

Pepp77 Regular member

I got 2 straight and 2 right angled ones with my gigabyte mobo.

9. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

I've got 4 straight cables with clips with my X38-DS4, plus the back bracket that also uses straight clipped cables.

10. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

So does Gigabyte, two straight and two right angles with my board.

11. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

YUP me also. i got 2 right angle and 2 straight sata cables with my defective Gigabyte mobo. none of them seem to wrok right now, oh i dont have a board to hook them up to...lol

@GM you failed to tell me you have a STRIKER mobo along with that Q6600 you got for a lowly $100..... i think you really robbed someone on that deal...sweet one...i see why the E6850 rig is collecting dust right about now....

hey we can have a contest on whos cna collect the most dust from setting around your or mine????? i'll bet ya that $100 steal you got there i win.ROTFLMAO

like i told ya yesterday on the phone. this RC690 case looks good with 3 drives in it..i know for a fact once im up and running im gonna try and find one of the pioneer 215 drives.

a little observation here. when i put the system back together yesterday when i got my new CPU i used my AR5 and not the intel stuff they sent me(that i still havent gotten any BIDs on yet)
    just the look and feel of the AR5, it is way better,thicker than the intel stuff.

12. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

Girth is nice to have....

I'd love to have the Pio 215, but I need to get everything else sorted first before I get anything else. I'm sure it will be this summer before I get one anyway.

13. Pepp77

Pepp77 Regular member

I have 2 Pio 215s :)

Im also contemplating getting a Toshiba internal HD DVD ROM to use - its only £28 delivered.

14. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

Heh, you just received Overclockers' This week only too? Trouble is, now HD-DVD is gone, am I ever going to use it?

15. greensman

greensman Regular member

@Pepp,
    How do those Pioneer 215's handle media Pepp ole chap.... ;) go here and see if you can add some insight to our media and ODD thread.. ;)

@most of you,
    LOL. Well I didn't get the "right" angle SATA cables with my mobo... cheap G-byte mobo and packing.... lol. Guess they weren't doing that when I ordered the mobo and I really don't need them with the setup that I have on the rig witht he G-byte mobo anyway. :)

@rob,
    Dust is collected rapidly at my house. I can take pix if you like. lol. With the cheapy carpet we have and 3 kiddies running around stirring up dirt and fibers DUST is gonna happen.....

Now you didn't have to tell everyone what I paid for SOME of the stuff in that rig. lol. I had to pay another $60 for the Antec 1000. I still don't have a gpu for it. btw the E6850 is running right beside the AMD X2 3800 while the Q6600 sits patiently awaiting a gpu. :D

Any good movies lately?? sorry for the OT but I need to do some movies and I've been out of the loop for about 3 weeks..... :-(

@ZoSo,
    Me likey the Asus Rampage too!! With the features of the Striker Extreme I can just imagine the goodies on the Rampage... ;)

@Morty,
    You is almost there buddy. Good for you.... You talk to the Doctor lately?? We talked about your new rig... just a hint of jealously I think from the both of us. :D good luck on that buddy.....

....gm

16. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

Talking of Antec cases, the 1200 makes me want to go build a new PC as there'd be almost enough room for all my drives :)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 28, 2008
  17. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

Trouble is, the Antec Twelve Hundred was another of those unfulfilled promises. Designed and shown off, but never released to the public. IM was going to get one of these for my server: http://www.hexus.net/content/item.php?item=12380
    But went for the Lexa Blackline because it looked better alongside my main PC.

18. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

Ah, i thought the 1200 was still on it's way to market; That case actually looks quite smart Sam, i wonder where they got their design inspiration :)

19. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

Well indeed, I moaned about that on their forum...
    As for the 1200, it may still be heading to market, but it's been a year since it was unveiled in the flesh. What takes that long? They released the original 900 with major design flaws which they just fixed periodically.

20. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

Dirk Diggler is awsome...lol

hey LOCO.
    look at this
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_jump.cfm/558703/3903397

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.