1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The (new) Official PC building thread!

Discussion in 'Building a new PC' started by creaky, Nov 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. abuzar1

abuzar1 Senior member

Russ, I have the Q6600 remember? Damn, I can't WAIT to change my motherboard. I'm soo set on the P5E.

2. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

cincyrob,
    You ought to take a look at one of these.
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824112007
    I've had mine for getting close to 2 years and it's excellent. Keep in mind that widescreens are considerably smaller than their 4:3 counterpart! my Sceptre is 20" but it's screen is only 10 5/8" tall and 17 1/8" wide. Scale that down to a 17 or a 19 inch and the screen gets really tiny!

Best Regards,
    Russ

3. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

@Mort
    i looked at that 22in HP thats sweet..but a little to big for the space i have. tbh the 19in is gonna be a tight fight.

as for the CPU's (E8400/E3110) i wouldnt recomend taking it over the 1.225v required. no higher than 1.30v they dont need that much voltage to preform. even a high OC (3.8+)IMHO wouldnt need over 1.35v. just my opinion.

@Russ.
    funny i just looked at that one right before i seen your post real nice price on it....

the reviews on it arent to good cause of the speakers, but once again im not gameing or watching movies on my pc so im not to worried about the high quality sound machines..lol other than checking for sound thats it for me...

4. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member

no built in monitor speakers are gonna sound worth a hoot period. I have mine unplugged. your much better off getting a cheapo set of desktop speakers.

I couldn't live without my klispch 2.1 speaker set. I'm gonna upgrade to klipsch 5.1 speakers one of these days.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2008
  5. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

cincyrob,
    Just goes to show you the "Idiot Factor" at work! Who in their right mind would complain about the tiny speakers on a monitor. They're all still crap to begin with. Were they planning on hooking up their HD Audio to it? LOL!! Seriously, it's been a very good monitor for me. No dead pixels after almost 2 years, and a great picture! You're going to need a 19" wide space for it to fit in! Never even used the speakers once! LOL!!

Best Regards,
    Russ

6. greensman

greensman Regular member

rob here's what I have at work and it's pretty sweet!! ;) link to 19" ViewSonic...

Here's some speakers too. NOT true gaming speakers but the LogiTech X-230 aren't to bad for the money. ;) link to speaker choices.. JUST trying to spend daddy-in-law's money.... hehehe. :D

...gm

7. ZoSoIV

ZoSoIV Active member

My Two Cents.....yeah don't worry about the build in speakers just get a pair of desktop speakers when you can afford it,if you can't swing the 22" go with the Sceptre 20" widescreen Russ linked you to. there great monitiors for the money. but do some measuring and see if you can swing the 22" man its not that much more money. I've had Viewsonic for the last several years till i bought this Samsung 2493HM 24" widescreen and this baby is amazing 1920x1200 res kicks butt. and just think Rob i just sold my 22" veiwsonic with an I-Pod dock for 200.00 bucks. Mort thats what i have the Klipsch 5.1 speakers, there great

8. shaffaaf

shaffaaf Regular member

9. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

Wow, and nice price too; trouble is, have they really got them in/really getting them in...

i'd love one but i've got enough pc's as it is :(

10. Pepp77

Pepp77 Regular member

The ebuyer staff who frequent their forum has advised they are definitely coming in as are the Antec 300's

11. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

Just ordered the Logitech x-540's and a Pioneer 215D...as the new mobo should be here tomorrow and I'll be slapping it all back together. Also ordered the wife a GPS for her birthday for the car...she tends to get lost easily. :)

12. Pepp77

Pepp77 Regular member

Nice choices :)

What satnav did you get - I recently got a navigo for £60 quid - spent half an hour putting TOMTOM on it and its great for the money.

13. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

I won't buy anything acer because usually it's awful, but not always.
    As for the Twelve Hundred it's nice, but too late Antec - already bought my Lexa Blackline.. :p
    ZosoIV: The new 24" panels are undoubtedly great, but why are your posts so special that they need be all in red bold text? Your 2 cents are obviously more like ten dollars...

14. greensman

greensman Regular member

It's not that his posts are special, HE'S SPECIAL!!!! hehehe. ;P

...gm

Rob and LOCO good to hear you guys are ready for action. :D

15. ZoSoIV

ZoSoIV Active member

wow is it red I'm color blind so i didn't know lol

16. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

17. greensman

greensman Regular member

oh you know it's red, don't play dumb. ;)

for those wanting a good deal on a PSU Cooler Master 750W Pro $59.99 after MIR... + S&H tho...

...gm

18. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

19. shaffaaf

shaffaaf Regular member

so i bought that B grade p35c-ds3r.

and tried to boot into windows....not gonna happen.

it will go to bios, boot screens, but when i go to either vista or xp, BSOD.

everythign else works, on me old board, but not this one past boot.

at least it booted, and i got into the bios, added some voltage to the RAMs, which need 2.1 to work, whereas the p5n-e couldnt even show up on the screen.

now im hoping its the RAM, and gonna go to PC world (down my road), get som cheap ram, check, then give back after.

:(

if it dont work, i got my money back form the p5n-e (£40) and from this hopefulyl soon (£45) which buys me a BRAND NEW retail P5K-E from ebuyer, with free delivery.

also i got a 7800GT for my 7600GS and £15....

and its artifacting :(

underclocked it, still atrifating.

not in 2D, only 3D.

told the guy i bought it off, and he said, he'll take it back, but he had it under water, so i took off the heatsink, and added AS 5 to the GPU and RAM and VRM and placed the heatsink back.

hopefully, an overnight ATI tool, 99% load atrifact scanner will settle the AS 5, and itll be fine, if not, i send it back.

and i was getting used to MAX 4xAA (full AF (on bar)) 1280x1024(max res) settings runnig nice at about 30fps. :)

20. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.