1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The (new) Official PC building thread!

Discussion in 'Building a new PC' started by creaky, Nov 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

ok went to bed lastnight and didnt do anything with it..got up this morning and looked again. opend the staticfree bag the mobo is in took it out and to my releif it is my GA-P35-DS3R
    so im putting it all back together once i post this.... next time ya hear from me the big red machine will be running(i hope).

@zoso
    what cpu did you get? the X3110 or the E8400?

2. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

THE BIG RED MACHINE
    Everest

ive ran orthos for about 20 mins its fine so far at stock speeds

3.0ghz
    1066mhz
    i did take the jumper pin out of my 250gb sata hdd to give me the full use of the 3.0 instead of the 1.5. and man can i tell a difference. its unreal...
    i got so much to play with here its unreal.lol
    im going to run orthos in it for the next 24hrs. leave it at stock settings until sunday then take it up to a medeocre OC...lol

gotta check out the 20x litey and see it work too.

edit to add:
    thinking of 2 of theses instead of the monitor if my dad is still gonna buy it for me..lol
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822148288
    cant beat the price on this..500gb 32mg cache

Last edited: Apr 17, 2008
  3. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

Tow hours and twenty minutes? Took you long enough Rob :p

4. Pepp77

Pepp77 Regular member

Hey be nice Rob probably double checked, then triple checked and then checked again to be on the safe side every single connection :D

Nice to hear its back up and running though Rob :)

5. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

well i had the 2 boys trying to get all my parts. the wife is home without a job, ect.....

i didnt double or tripple check nothing..lol it went together like clock work..lol

but my temps are still in the high 40's low 50's

6. Pepp77

Pepp77 Regular member

Rob - I looked at the temps you have in Everest and they are basically the same as mine, and thats been on for about 8 days now. The cores on the e8xxx chips always seem to be about 20 degrees higher than the CPU temp.

Mines currently:-

Motherboard - 38
    CPU - 26
    Core 1 - 47
    Core 2 47

Last edited: Apr 17, 2008
  7. greensman

greensman Regular member

Hey fellas try core temp (d/l link provided.. :D), I think it really is more accurate than Everest. Sorry to NOT trust Everest but I've used 3 (three) different versions before and they all seem to be "different" .. lol.

Robert,
    GLAD to hear that you actually checked the contents of that package. hehehe. :p Up and running already... in 2 hours no less..... :D

LOCO,
    Good for you on your "re-build" as well.... hehehe. :D

BTW what voltages are you guys running on your cpu?? I'm curious to see if you can REDUCE that voltage and give yourself better temps even with an OC (mediocre as it may be). I'd think running the cpu at 1.15v instead of 1.225 volts would be better if it will stay STABLE!! Just thoughts running around in me little head. It would be COOLER as well, at least I think it would...... ;)

....gm

8. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member

way to go Robert.

my cpu temp is a constant 33C at idle regardless of ambient temp or OC. fully loaded @ 3.6ghz it's a constant 44C. I'm getting different core temp readings between core temp and everest ultimate ed. fully loaded at 3.6ghz, core temp reports 46C and everest reports 55C.

mobo temp varys between 28C and 30C depending on ambient temp and load.

I think I forgot to change the pin on the back of my seagate hdd too. why the hell don't they send it out preset at 3.0 gb/s?

9. Pepp77

Pepp77 Regular member

For me Coretemp gives exactly the same temps (as does speedfan and gigabytes easytune) - its because the TJMax is at 105c in both I believe.

My CPU voltage is 1.23750 up from the 1.22500 default - it wasnt stable at lower volts.

10. ZoSoIV

ZoSoIV Active member

E3110

hopefully i can get everything together soon

11. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

Mort81,
    Another good question is why is the jumper so damn tiny and hard to get at?

Best Regards,
    Russ

12. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

i know i can tell a big change in things with that silly pin gone and running it at the 3.0 gb from the 1.5. i really cant wait to get one of them 32mb chache sata drives.. unreal in the speed of that i bet.

just talked to the wife. i have orthos running. been almost 10 hours and its still in the green(no pun there gm)im gona let it have 24hr of orthos then just use it for a day or so then take it up to 3.4ghz and leave it until next week sometime when i hope the wife is back to work and i can get my PSU(corsair HX620w). once that happens. then Greensman, you will have something in the mail ;)(no not the old psu)

think my new 20x sata litey is gonna need a RMA.. the dang tray when it ejects acts like it is gonna pop right out of the drive. its real loose..send it back and get 2 more of them..lol

13. blivetNC

blivetNC Regular member

Most of the time he was touching himself out of excitement.
    Way to go Rob, I'm proud of you.
    Knew that you would get it going.

14. abuzar1

abuzar1 Senior member

Do any of you guys know how to fix cyclic redundancy checks?

15. ZoSoIV

ZoSoIV Active member

are you burning a DVD ?

16. abuzar1

abuzar1 Senior member

I'm trying to copy files from a DVD I already burned. I think these DVDs work because a loong time ago I was trying to copy files from another DVD and it gave me a Cyclic Redundancy check error but it works now. So I'm guessing it's not the disk fault. Maybe I should flash my drive with a better firmware?

Sorry if that sounds confusing.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2008
  17. ZoSoIV

ZoSoIV Active member

most of the time a Cyclic Redundancy error is either a copy protection issue or a bad/scratched/dirty DVD. what programs are you using? and are you talking about a store bought DVD ?

yes a firmware update may help check here

http://forum.rpc1.org/dl_all.php

18. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

Probably a media issue....either cheap or old or a combination of both. Try Imgburn in "read" mode and turn the read down low. Different drives can also prove different results as some are better at handling errors on the discs...if you have another give it a go.

Might want to reconsider ~ http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_jump.cfm/540688/3969711

Last edited: Apr 18, 2008
  19. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

I just got done doing my first conversion from a Vista only machine to an XP-Pro machine. Almost as much fun as putting fishhooks through your eyes! LOL!! This is an e-machine T3616SE with a Sempron 3600+, 512MB of Ram and a 120GB WD hard drive in it, that I just bought for $75. The guy just gave up on it and it's been sitting around for a while. Damn vista crashed 3 times in 15 minutes on me just sitting there idling! Maybe I was just lucky this time but I only had 2 drivers that I had to do a little trial and error with, and everything else worked fine. I have a clean Device Manager list so I should be in good shape with XP from here on. I plugged 2GB of faster ram in it and it runs OK, but needs a bit more horsepower! LOL!! I'll have to look at a dual core for it. It's socket AM-2, so I'll have to see if there's any bargains around.

I'm genuinely surprised at the quality given that this was an under $300 computer w/Keyboard, Mouse and usb powered speakers. The MB is supposedly made by Foxconn as an OEM product, and I got part of the drivers from them, part from Realtec and the rest from nVidia. Oh! eMachines will void the warranty if I put XP on it! Can you tell how much I care? ROFLMAO!!

Best Regards,
    Russ

The strangest thing is that it's less than a year old and still under warranty. eMachines even gave me another year on the warranty and I registered it in my name so the warranty is good through July 09!

20. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.