1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The (new) Official PC building thread!

Discussion in 'Building a new PC' started by creaky, Nov 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. abuzar1

abuzar1 Senior member

2. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

cincyrob,
    All I can say is ESPN don't know diddly! The best world series ever played in my lifetime was 1975! In the 7th game with the outcome far from clear, Pete Rose made the statement that this was the greatest game that he ever played in, and at that point didn't care who won! He said that just the privilege of having been able to play in it, was worth more!

Cheer up Big Red Machine, if all else fails, we can always paint you green and ship you to oakland! ROFLMAO!!

Russ <:eek:}

3. ZoSoIV

ZoSoIV Active member

so your spending 3 grand on a monitior?

4. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

HELL NO!!!!!!

i was just jokeing haven fun with boozer. hell i wouldnt spend 3 grand on a TV. my parents buy new big screen TV every 3 years i get there perfectly good old one...lol

now on the more serious note. i am maybe this weekend get me a real monitor and retires this lovely 13in CRT NEC multisync A500..the good ole IRS stimulus rebate check should be here today according to the paper work they sent me last week...$900 buck a guy cant just pass up. but between the wife 3 kids 3 cats and a pet snail i might .32cents...lol

5. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

It's a shame that the HP monitors are unscalered like the 3007 I have, the 3008WFP is a proper monitor/TV/anything else. They're hopelessly delayed though, order lead time's about 2 months at the moment I think! :O

6. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

just checked ups. my mem is out for delivery. should be here around 2:00 2:30 EST. with any luck ill have it up and running by this evening

7. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

Sweet. Fingers crossed for you buddy.

8. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

let the fun begin. i knwo have in my hands some nice heavy double sided 16chip DDR2 800 mem sticks. these bad boys are heavy. i could use the mfor a sinker for my fishin poles...lol time to go play...

9. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

cincyrob,
    You said you got a Rev. 2.0 so if you have any memory errors, be sure to try the F-11 bios. Make absolutely sure you download it from the correct revision of your MB! My flashing the bios to F-10 (recommended for the E6750) is what caused all my memory problems. The computer hasn't had a single issue since I flashed it back to F-11. They have an F12a bios, but I would be very leery of it because it's been a Beta for about 6 months now, which means they haven't sorted it all out yet, so it's not quite ready. Normally a Beta bios is only a beta for a month or two at the most, so I read this as problems! I would avoid it!

Russ

10. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

im just now working on it. put the mem in and fired it up. no problems so far.
    installing win xp pro now. formating now.
    i did go into the bios to setup boot sequence to odd first. i did notice the volts for the cpu is lower than normal. 1.135 instead of the 1.225v it did show up as 3.0ghz and the mem was at its rated speed 800mhz. so right now all is good waiting for the formating to get done and windows installed....

11. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

Autovoltage might have found that to work fine. All for the better, really!

12. rick5446

rick5446 Guest

Might not be right Question, Might be wrong thread, But here goes. I'm looking for a TV CARD that I can transfer some VCR Tapes to DVD. My friend has a card but the Video is blurred. any suggestions..and yes I know what the blur is.
    A friend up N.Y State has an old ATI All In Wonder Card with no problems. But he told me it older 4, 5 yrs
    Just a capture card name would be very helpful, and appreciated

13. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

14. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

well i have it set now to the 1.225v should i change it back to auto?

[​IMG]

should i change the mem to 4-4-4-12 that its supose to be or leave it alone

15. greensman

greensman Regular member

Alright monkey boy!!!! Give us some REALTEMP values..... then let her rip!! Go ahead and move the RAM to 4-4-4-12 and crank that baby up to 3.8+.... You ain't got a hair if you don't!!!! hehehehe. :p

OH just playing!! You do what you feel comfortable with.. I think that RAM can handle the 444-12 timings... but you are there and we are here. lol. GREAT to see my little RED's buddy cranking it again.. :D

Good luck mate!!!

..gm

16. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

well i aint gonna bump up the cpu yet. gonna let it get worked in some. man i gotta install all my proggies again..lol.
    i dont even have the volts for the mem up to 2.2v yet either

here is a everest shot of it. temps still high...

[​IMG]

17. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member

hi rob,

good to see the big red monster back up n runnin. I noticed that everest is showing your vcore at 1.18v even tho you have it set at 1.225v. that's most likely due to vdroop. can you verify the actual vcore voltage in the bios.

as greeny said, :) you can go ahead and set the dram timings at 4-4-4-12 as long as it is rated at cas 4 and not cas 5. did it say on the package or modules? you can probably get away with dram voltage of 2.1v unless you are going to OC the memory. if it's rated at 2.2v tho, that's where I would run it at. looks like it's running at 1.89v now. I would verify that in the bios too.

I'm by no means telling you what to do, just trying to help. tell me to hush and I'll do so ;)

18. greensman

greensman Regular member

hushhushhushhush.... hehehe. :) j/k buddy....

Rob I'm excited for you.... keep plugging along and it'll do you right... so when does the OC start?? :p

Did any of you notice the scenario I posted earlier?? I'm gonna change out the gpu just in case.... then it's a different HDD.... nothing else I can think of... it works in safe mode but NOT in standard mode!!!

...gm

19. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

i did set the cpu voltage back to auto. and i have left the mem volts alone right now. i will go into bios and check the actual volts and temps there. also change the mem to 4-4-4-12 and yes Mort they are cas 4 and the volts are 2.2v for them.

here is another everest shot

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i196/Cincrob/everest-5.jpg

ill go into bios again and make the changes and do everest again.
    do ya think its to soon to run orthos on it?

20. greensman

greensman Regular member

Rob I would use Realtemp for your temp readings... I think the TJ Max is more accurate for your cpu... it's ultimately up to you but it will read at least 5*C lower..... anyway you is the master of your domain!!!

...gm

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.