1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The (new) Official PC building thread!

Discussion in 'Building a new PC' started by creaky, Nov 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

If I remember correctly, the Stacker is wider than the other cases and can so support one. However, the Dominator may not be as narrow as the other coolermaster cases, I'll see if you can fit one in.

As for the currency converter, it's kind of meaningless, as the price of PC parts comparatively from the US to the UK differs depending on what components they are. If you don't consider VAT, some components like Freezer 7 Pros and Corsair power supplies actually work out cheaper here, yet other things have nearly a 50% markup.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2008
  2. greensman

greensman Regular member

rob it'll fit NO problems!! I have the TRU Ver. A and it works just fine. :) The CM RC-690 case is a wide case and more importantly the mobo-tray doesn't stick up very much so the width is actually usable. ;) NOW some of the other Cooler Master cases may have issues with the TRU(E) but most of the "upper" end cases should be just fine. :p

....gm

3. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

That's what I was expecting, and hoping.

4. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

come on i only paid 19.99 for my case. there is no way its considered a upper end case..lol ;)~

but the 830 evo is 9.7in wide and my 690 is only 8.4in wide.
    check your pm GM

5. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

Yes, I saw that, and it made me wonder. The Ultra-120s are 161mm high. Leaving the gap between the base of the cooler and the outside of the case, that doesn't leave much space from 200mm. Anything under 7 inches wide would be problematic.

6. greensman

greensman Regular member

Guys I'm not getting email notifications for some reason. I just checked my account settings and it has the correct email addy but I saved it again anyway. ;)

Checked PM.. replied. ;)

sam the 830 Stacker, that Morty has, has a mobo-tray which "takes" away "space" needed for installing a "large" cooler. It'll fit with few issues as Morty has indicated so NO worries on the "little" case.. hehehe. ;)

I have a 330 Elite and a 340 Micro.... AND a TRU(E) will NOT fit unless you like to run w/o a side panel...... hehehe. :p

...gm

7. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

Right yeah, I knew there were some problematic coolermaster cases.

8. bigwill68

bigwill68 Guest

ok fellas got my E6750 OC'd to 3.5ghz and stable
    3.5ghz

Runnin real cool also. under orthos right now at 55c underload.
    29-32c at idle

greensman thanks for the tips cincyrob and i got it going here at work.

9. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

Nice work Will.... :)

10. bigwill68

bigwill68 Guest

heres the clip of sandra.Mips score
    SiSoftware Sandra

Benchmark Results
    Dhrystone ALU : 32281 MIPS
    Whetstone iSSE3 : 22496 MFLOPS
    Results Interpretation : Higher index values are better.

Performance Test Status
    Run ID : CLARK-CORE2 on Monday, June 16, 2008 at 10:42:45 PM
    NUMA Support : No
    SMP Test : No
    Total Test Threads : 2
    Multi-Core Test : Yes
    Cores per Processor : 2
    SMT Test : No
    Dynamic MP/MT Load Balance : No
    Processor Affinity : P0C0T0 P0C1T0
    System Timer : 3.5GHz
    Number of Runs : 64000 / 640

Processor
    Model : Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E6750 @ 2.66GHz
    Speed : 3.50GHz
    Performance Rating : PR11914 (estimated)
    Cores per Processor : 2 Unit(s)
    Type : Dual-Core
    L2 On-board Cache : 4MB ECC Synchronous, ATC, 16-way set, 64 byte line size, 2 threads sharing

11. abuzar1

abuzar1 Senior member

Will, nice to see you back ad overclocking! I'm scared to talk to you because I never used that torrent website and I guess I made you waste an invite.

12. bigwill68

bigwill68 Guest

naw that's no problem on that invite.. i send you..i got a credit back on that..i'm glad to finally get my system back up a runn'in right and new case also for father's day..i should have got in the first place try'in to be cool with the clear 1..lol it packed back up in it's box put up in the back of the closet..lol..i'm lov'in this cooler master centurion 590 it's the little brother to cincyrob's c690..lol..i gotta finish dressing it out with another burner and fan controller..i got all 120mm blue led's in it now 6 total and 1 on the psu led blue..i should have listen from the get go on the case issue could have saved some money..

13. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

Never underestimate the importance of having a good case...

14. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member

same here, GM. no notifications for any threads I'm subscribed to. let me know if ya got em going again.

15. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

bigwill,
    Good to see you getting your overclock going good. Your performance is exactly what I get with my 6750 at the same speed. Same exact PR Rating and all! LOL!! My CPU Voltage is at 1.44v and my Dominators run at 1050MHz, slightly underclocked!

Best Regards,
    Russ

16. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

Hmm, no problems here so far...

17. greensman

greensman Regular member

OT... sorry... STILL not getting them for some reason... if a MOD reads this can you please look into it. I can start a thread but it seems silly for that action at this point. ;)

....gm

@bigwill,
    NP buddy. Glad that I could help someone. :) Nice OC btw. :p

18. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

it got down to 55f lastnight here. windows open and ceiling fans on. nice and cool in the house. took this shot of everest.
    [​IMG]

im getting ready to switch around some fans and add another. ill check temps after that is done.

19. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

my inbox is a bit sparse today, haven't got time to look thru 'my subscribed list of posts' to see if there's any missing , but i've got a few in the inbox.. will check later properly when i get chance..

edit- the beauty of a multi-core modern pc, ie a pc that can handle the http://login.afterdawn.com/settings/list_subscriptions.cfm list quickly :)

..there's nothing missing at my end, the subs list matches what was in my inbox overnight/today - not much but it must've been quiet last night is all..

Last edited: Jun 17, 2008
  20. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

ok im in the middle of the road as to posting this stuff in here or in the OC'ing thread..lol dont wanna take anyone off topic.

i added my 7th fan in the bottom of my case.(partly PC building) i got my wireing pretty well cleared of all fans and their direction of air flow.i now have the 3 fans towards the rear of the case, the top fan above the CPU the side panel fan right in front of the CPU and the rear fan are all exhaust. then the top fan towards the front, the side panel fan thats towards the fron and the front fan along with the newly add bottom fan that is in front of the PSU are set as intake. i did slow the 120mm antec tricool fan down to medium from high, i can barely hear it run right now,

now with that all said and done. i did do a little more OC'ing..lol i cant help myself 3.7ghz yup nice and stable and at idle is only 2degree's warmer than the last post i showed.
    here is everest shot now.followed my OCCT graphs.

[​IMG]

Core 1
    Core 2

http://valid.x86-secret.com/show_oc.php?id=376907

now a question. in BIOS when adjusting the vcore. you have to set the setting to manual to make your adjustments. i increased my vcore up to 1.3000v my mem is still onlt at +.03(running at 2.1v)all is stable.but once i set them at those settings i changed it back to auto.now will it keep the settings i choose? or revert back to default settings. It shows the numbers i choose just not highlighted like in manual. i would have to say it is useing the settings i set them at or i wouldnt be able to have this 3.7ghz OC everything is flowing smoothly no hesitation in any thing opening up. when i had it at 3.8ghz there was hesitation in programs.
    ive ran OCCT for a hour its stable.orthos has been running for 40 mins no problem gonna let it go for a hour then do the sandra burnin test.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.