1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The (new) Official PC building thread!

Discussion in 'Building a new PC' started by creaky, Nov 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lp531

Lp531 Regular member

No Problem...BigDK..:) You have just gained a lot more respect from me...

sarthak14 is in India...and that is the reason for the scrambled posts...

@sarthak14
    If you can afford the GTX for your personal build...Go for it...I recommended the GTS...to stay within your posted budget...

I will work on a list for your brother...It is just a bad weekend for me...time wise...

I would recommend most the parts that I posted earlier for your build...except a cheaper Case, Motherboard, CPU, Video Card and Ram...

What is his budget?..

2. sarthak14

sarthak14 Member

Marsey99

No Disrespect Sir .... But it was typed at night and it was typed with a faulty Keyboard plus i have a habit of using SMS langauage in between......

And thank u for u reply.

LP531
    Thank you for stickin up for me sir. will wait for your reply ???

Thats Okay, you can take your time.

His budgets roughly below a 1000$ but he would love it that it gets done in the minimalist cost while having good perfomance for multimedia activities.

BTW Message Typed using the inbuilt Keyboard.

Edited Because Of some Stupid Stuff

Last edited: Mar 31, 2007
  3. marsey99

marsey99 Regular member

were was i insulting?

was my reply not helpful?

did i not give some useful advice and point out another peice of hardware that was missing from the list?

if english is not your native tongue then you may not of understood that i was being jovial and by no means was it meant to be de-grading in anyway.

edit 1
    fix quote

edit 2

as you may of gathered from the above i could tell you are indeed quite literate in english as if you were not you would not have been able to use the language as you did (txt speak). now if i am a blind man then so must you be as the word if was in the sentence you reffer to and as such it was leaving the option open to you.

4. sarthak14

sarthak14 Member

Marsey99

Tushay...Well Spotted...Anyway it will be a kiddish thing to drag this stupid fight. So lets ended if i did say anything rude to u im sorry.

As for you quotin LP531

im pretty sure he was appalled by your remark on my test being an english one and the part where i should post in proper english.

BTW u did help and i did thank you for that.

5. greensman

greensman Regular member

@Lp531 & all,
    I have my friends PC and he wants to change mobo's and cpu's. He presently has an ABIT KN8 SLi and an Opty 175. There's some conditions tho!! He wants to keep his 7600 GT video cards and DDR 400 memory. I'm having trouble finding anything GOOD that will use the DDR 400 memory and also use a newer mobo CPU socket type. I may have to buy the memory, cpu, and mobo so he can just go all new goodies. hehehe.

He's having some problems with the build for some unknown reason, that's why I have the puter. :) Not that I can help him but I'll give it a few days and see what I can come up with. ;-)

I've checked the PSU so far and it's REALLY stable. Antec 500 I think. It's SLi rated and has been doing just fine so far. I'll do some more tests later and report so you guys can give some ideas. :)

...gm

6. BigDK

BigDK Regular member

If he wants to use the latest CPUs then he's going to have to use DDR2 memory.

7. greensman

greensman Regular member

@BigDK,
    Yeh I've been looking hard and fast for something that would meet his criteria but nothing comes up. :) I think that I may talk him into letting me buy his mobo, memory, and cpu so he can go with the latest and greatest. hehehe.

So you guys can keep me check and so that I can USE you, Mwuaaahahahaha!! LOL

He wants to stay within these $$$'s for now. @ $200 for mobo, no more than $400 for cpu and some reasonable RAM that's good. :) Anything close to those $ figures will suffice. :)

Hopefully that helps and gives you something to work with. TIA for your help!! :)

....gm

8. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member

9. pszczoll

pszczoll Regular member

since my first post here (about first time pc builder ) :) when i just see some question i dont think about anything but trying to help :D (oi i love that forum) . so what im thinking motherboard about $200 with sli and gooc cpu with ram and he got those 2 7600 gt. so all that is gonna be handled by 500watt psu . ok intel is gonna work i think so for mobo
    http://www.newegg.com/product/product.asp?item=N82E16813131045
    about $180. cpu http://www.newegg.com/product/product.asp?item=N82E16819115003
    about $310
    memory http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820145590
    about $ 170 the price is bigger a little but its worth?:)

10. greensman

greensman Regular member

@Mort81 and pszczoll,

Thanx for the responses. You guys are quick.

@Mort81,
    How's it goin buddy. Tryin to get something my friend will like and that will work with ZERO problems. I can't believe he doesn't really like this Opty 175 system???? I have a suspicion it may be the mobo actin up. Don't know yet. I've got all kinds of ways to check it now with the help of you and others the last time I had a mobo problem. ;-)

@all,
    Keep the ideas coming. I like what I've gotten so far.:):):)

.....gm

edit:
    Forgot to add what he wants to run on his new build. I think that any of the dual core cpu's will run just about anything. :)

AUTO CAD and Photoshop CS2 are his main concerns for programs. He may also run a few other programs at the same time since he does a lot of editing. Thought that I would add that to make sure I covered what I could. :) Thanks again people. ;-)

11. 6spdSER

6spdSER Member

@unjust2u

I'm guessing that when you say wireless you mean 802.11a/b/g/N..etc. versus say 10/100/1000 Base-T (network cable) If you are looking to improve your ping times for online gaming, you should ditch wireless connectivity and stick with the wired. Many of my friends and myself had the same issue with lag, and choppy game play on wireless.

@greensman

though not the greatest board, but if overclocking is not in your friends mind, then consider getting a motherboard built with the VIA P4M890 chipset. I am currently running the ABIT IP-95 montherboard which supports C2D's along with DDR-400 and DDR2-533 memory. If he wants to run his 7600GT's in SLI, then he's pretty much looking for more than just a motherboard. But the Abit IP-95 only costs $59.99 (you can get it at Fry's for $55.00) which then he can get the C2D E6600 for $308
    plus
    a GF8800GTS 320MB for $259 after MIR

the RAM can be brought over, which justifies the 8800GTS.

That would bring you to about $627USD...of course the video card could be subbed in with something else...but I figured he could sell his two 7600GT's to help him fund the additional expense.

Just a thought.
    Cheers!

Last edited: Apr 1, 2007
  12. pszczoll

pszczoll Regular member

hey'a :) . like you remember i was going to buy evga 8800 GTS 640mb but its sold out :/ and now im not sure with brand to chose :? . im thinking about asus ( if my mobo is asus to the performance should be good?)
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814121034

some advice plz :) i dont want to spend on that more than $405 its my limit.

13. greensman

greensman Regular member

First thing I want to tell you is that I don't have one of these cards but I do know the manufacturers and they are good. Here is a link to the 2 that I found that met your needs and $$$ constraints. :)

eVGA and BFG 8800 GTS OC Both of these have a $30 rebate and the eVGA is less with shipping than the ASUS you picked. Something else to look at my friend. :)

Give these a look and see what you think.

@THE GURUS,
    Critique here and confirm/affirm my picks please. :)

...gm

14. pszczoll

pszczoll Regular member

thanks greensman. I like the evga one im gonna take it . but now i got problem with my psu . that graphic card needs (Minimum recommended power supply with +12 Volt current rating of 26 Amps.) and my psu is OCZ GameXStream OCZ700GXSSLI ATX12V 700W Power Supply 100 - 240 V - Retail
    http://www.newegg.com/product/product.asp?item=N82E16817341002 im not sure if my psu got that specification.

15. Deadrum33

Deadrum33 Active member

That power supply has 2 PCI-E connectors so I'm sure its fine.

16. pszczoll

pszczoll Regular member

ty for info :)

17. Lp531

Lp531 Regular member

@pszczoll
    I have the same P/S...it has a total of (4) 12v rails...18amp each...you have plenty of power...

18. pszczoll

pszczoll Regular member

ok . i just thoud i need psu that got 12v rail with 36A . now i know its not like that .:p still learning that stuff thats why i asked.

19. sarthak14

sarthak14 Member

LP531

Did you get my Pm

Btw waitin fr ur list thanks
    man

20. pszczoll

pszczoll Regular member

!Happy Easter For Everyone!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.