1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The (new) Official PC building thread!

Discussion in 'Building a new PC' started by creaky, Nov 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigwill68

bigwill68 Guest

Me myself ..i would choose the Model# ST3500320AS ,500GB for$84.99 and plus the free shipping..I don't keep my operational system on big drives 160gb's or less..but so or later i gotta get a few 500gb's seagate sata's and toss out these pata dives..i got in there now.i only got one sata runnin and that my operational drive WD160gb 8mb i may toss it to and get a 32mb.lol

2. shaffaaf

shaffaaf Regular member

i would choose the F1 samsungs. they are allt he rave at the moment.

3. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

I can vouch for that.

4. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

bigwill68, fix your sig ASAP as you are out of spec to forum rules.
    4. If you want to use both text and image in your signature the image should not be more than 500 pixels wide and 100 pixels tall, and you can use up to three lines of text.

5. bigwill68

bigwill68 Guest

@ddp
    FINE

nobody needs to know my business anyway!!

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 1, 2008
  6. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

It's exactly what is said to every other forum user, I don't see why you should take special offense to it, by joining the site you agree to the rules, if you don't plan to abide by them, then don't plan to post!
    Don't wish to sound unkind, but it's not a problem for anyone else.

7. bigwill68

bigwill68 Guest

@sammorris
    i know the rules and it took him 68 posts to this thread I did for him to say something now..he's been messing with me for the longest dude..i thinking it's becoming personal for some reason ..I feel if you wanna tell somebody something like that tell them in private no out in the whole Public so everybody can see and make fun it..that's just saying to me you just trying to make yourself look good in front of others cause you got alittle power..over somebody..

ps.and that did sound unkind what you said at the end..

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 1, 2008
  8. abuzar1

abuzar1 Senior member

Bro, it's DDP. He is like that to everyone, and he has told me to resize my sig the same way.

9. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

And me. If he was picking on you especially, what I said would be unfair, but the fact is, you've had the same treatment as all of us. If it's taken 58 pages of this thread before anyone's said anything, think yourself lucky.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2008
  10. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

Even us mods have to make sure our sigs conform :)
    ..and ddp has no sig whatsoever..so...

group hugs all round :)

p.s. for example, most of my mod comments are public, but it's never to humiliate anyone, most times it's done just so that 'joe public' can see that a mod has addressed something in a thread. Other mods would do it for pretty much the same reason i imagine. On (vastly) smaller sites, stuff could easily be dealt with privately, but on a site this huge it's very difficult due to sheers numbers of members/potential lurkers, remember how visible and popular this place is, we try to keep it clean for huge amounts of people..

Last edited: Jul 2, 2008
  11. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

Indeed they do - but let's not start that one, pointing out to you creaky that your sig was too big is the only reason I can recall off hand for being banned from the site during my time here.

On the whole though, the posts from not just creaky and ddp, but all moderators are clean, subjective and unoffensive - that also goes for the post 01/07/08@2200.

12. bigwill68

bigwill68 Guest

Russ any luck with the old E6750 gett'in it up to 3.6Ghz..? my volts are stting at 1.4volts idle at 34c stressed 50c and that also when.I'm using Dvd rebuilder also 3.6 is the fartest i can take with this 800 memory then it will crash with orthos..I'm happy with that from stock level of 2.66 to 3.6 that's good don't you think? but i'm gonna back it down later on this week to 3.0ghz..I just wanted to see what ..I could get out of it with this memory ..i have seen the E6750 at 4.0ghz..but i don't wanna push it that far..i don't have deep paockets to buy another cpu at the time..so i leave well enough alone..

@creaky
    it's in the passed brother thanks for your insight on the matter ic some people handle things different..group hugs and lets keep helping each other along in are in these matters with these computers...

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 2, 2008
  13. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

knowing what i know now. ive never had a problem with the cpu or the mobo, its been the crappy crucial ddr2 1066 single sided mem. since the new ddr2 800 double sided mem has been installed i have not had a problem one(knock on wood) amd if i have better mem corsair or OCZ 1066 mem i think this cpu would get 4.0+ with ease.

as for my temps me and soph had talked about them a bit and for what i have they are fine. im not running 4.0ghz any more back to 3.6ghz with the same temps. my temps are this high cause of the ambient temps in my house, and where i have my tower.

plus i honestly believe it is this mobo and the p35 chip that is causeing my higher temps. i have found 3 other people with my same setup(mobo,cpu and mem) and their temps are identical.this mobo just isnt setup for the 45nm cpus. thats why im looking at a p45 or x38 mobo.

i dont think im beining self destructive as i've heard i have been. it is just trying to find out what will work. now that i have the memory that works i havent had a problem one. and now im done...

Last edited: Jul 3, 2008
  14. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

Glad you got it all sorted Rob.

15. bigwill68

bigwill68 Guest

me myself i think my co-worker cincyrob did a great job on his first build he took his time in the construction of his build waited for the right time to pick his parts and grab them and got some great great deals believe me he was doin the his (math) even on that case of his lucky dog $19 but he asked questions on thinks he did'nt know for certain and we all pitched and helped and that's what a helping hand is for and believe it or not i was the eye witness to out come of his build looks great and works great no matter the temps that can be fixed like he said with another board some things just don't go together well like Water & Oil..

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 2, 2008
  16. ZoSoIV

ZoSoIV Active member

looks like a couple days and i will be posting from my new machine its about built so they will need my tower for the optical drives,power supply and videocard so i will be off line a few days while swapping stuff out, hold the fort down all while I'm gone. doing all this just in the nick of time my machine right now will hardly bootup takes like 10 plus mins don't know whats going on ,its either hardware or software problems

17. bigwill68

bigwill68 Guest

best of luck with that be shore to share alittle pics of the new monster when you get done there..i'll be shutting down myself for 3 days goin out of town on alittle vacation need to give it alittle rest as well myself also..lol

18. ZoSoIV

ZoSoIV Active member

Yes i will get some pics before i put it in my desk

Its gonna be a pretty one lol the Antec 1200 is beautiful

19. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

Well, good luck ZoSo...
    (As far as I'm concerned, beauty is relative. The 1200 is less 'beautiful' more 'imposing' - cool either way, but I think 'beautiful' might be the wrong way to describe it. Optimus Prime isn't beautiful, he's awesome - that kind of thing! :))

20. abuzar1

abuzar1 Senior member

Zoso, good luck man! I think I would describe your case more as MONSTER! lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.