1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The (new) Official PC building thread!

Discussion in 'Building a new PC' started by creaky, Nov 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rick5446

rick5446 Guest

ddp..If you look at that picture you'll see its on the bottom. No front ports what so ever
    I think I'll just go with the cheaper cases..That way if I've made a mistake I won't be out much cash. I'll just get one thats got a front in and a rear out..Maybe a side fan in, that will give me PSU out, rear out, front and side in

2. shaffaaf

shaffaaf Regular member

IICR there is an intake at the front, on the floor, two exhausts at the top and one exhausst at the back. with there being more exhasts negatice pressure will accumulate, so this will force air in through vents (which have been placed as to take in the coldest air) so they can combat this.

3. shaffaaf

shaffaaf Regular member

if you really want to shift air go for the cosmos S or the antec 1200

4. rick5446

rick5446 Guest

Mort81..ita a: Model RC-1000-KSN1-GP ,Series COSMOS 1000

5. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

leave the psu out of the equation as that fan is mostly for the psu. the bottom & back fan pull air in & the the top 2 fans blow the air out of the case.

6. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member

7. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member

8. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

Soph
    tell the rest. your case is air conditiond also...LMAO i want it..

MY RC690 has 7 fans in it not counting the one on the CPU and PSU. i have the fan above the CPU and in front(on side panel) of the CPU set as intake blowing directly onto the CPU. then the one on top towards the front of the case set as exhaust along with the second sidepanel fan thats towards the front of the case as exhaust. then my front fan as intake and rear as exhuast. and the bottom fan infront of the PSU as intake

i might try the 2 top fans as exhaust and take out the 2 side panel fans and just use the front and bottom fan as intake and rear as exhaust. thats my project for tommorrow

heres the fan configuration for the cosmos 1000
    Cooling System Bottom fan ( intake ) :120x120x25 mm x 1, 1200 rpm, 17 dBA (included),
    Top fan (exhaust) : 120x120x25 mm fan x 2, 1200 rpm, 17 dBA (included),
    Rear fan (exhaust) : 120x120x25 mm x 1 (included),
    HDD fan : 120x120x25 mm x 1 (optional),
    VGA Wind

no front fan but i think that HDD fan would be set infront of the HDD's sucking in air

9. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

beat me to it mort. the cosmos s 1100 does have the front fan installed. its setup just like the RC590. has a carriage in front for the HDD's and fan

10. rick5446

rick5446 Guest

Well what do the HDD fans do, other then move air around. They are neither intake or exaust. I can't quite cope what your getting at with these fans, other then cooling HDD

11. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

Last edited: Jul 10, 2008
  12. ddp

were this hd fan is located, there is probably holes in the case metal to allow air in which explains the intake arrow at front of case.

13. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

Well Folks,
    This will be my last post here on AD. I've been here almost 3 years and it's just time for me to move on. I'm upset about this thing with Rob, and that's not good for my health. How my talking about a local situation being the reason I see so many of these WalMart Specials from Compaq or HP gets turned around into an insult to someone I like a lot, is beyond me. I made it very plain that I was talking about the area I live in, not that everyone that buys a WalMart Special is lazy and on Welfare!

I've sent my apologies to Rob, and he can either accept them or not! I had no intention of offending or Stereotyping anyone! This thing has just put way too much stress on me, and my health is not that good. This just isn't worth dying over and it's upset me enough to make that a very real possibility!

I'll read the threads from time to time, and I'll answer any PMs, but I'm no longer going to post. There's just too much Drama and stress, and that's unhealthy for me. It's also no longer fun! As Loco said, it's becoming a full time pissing contest!

To the people here I know the longest, I hope you can sort all this bickering out. I wish you all the best, and I'll miss you guys! I'll be around and I'll answer PMs, but that's it!

Warmest Regards,
    Russ

14. ddp

bloody hell!!!!

15. rick5446

rick5446 Guest

cincyrob..Nice case, don't care for the top layout though dust grime and bits and pieces can fall in the USB

16. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

Russ
    check your pm.

for everyone....i am sorry for going off like i did. i shouldnt have done that. i am sorry to you Russ for saying that in public i should have sent you a pm, as i just did. ive spent all day thinking about what i said and i shouldnt have.

WE ALL need ot just think before we post something like that. it was my fault, i took Russ's statement out of context. my bad.

its agreat place here with good people. we all have our own ideas and thoughts. we need to take others ideas and thought into consideration..... teach or learn. help out the best ya can if ya cant the just support what other are trying to do.

this is all of our hobbies building puters it is fun when you can share your efforts and it should stay that way. not a pissing war every other post.

Russ please you dont need to stop posting thats not gonna help anything. please except my appologies

17. bigwill68

bigwill68 Guest

Cincy Said=
    i can vorch for that my rc590 has the 120mm mounted to the carriage and blows right over my hards..and it pulls out for easy install of hard drives..

@CincyRob
    thanks for filling me in on that..i did'nt even pay attention that it was like my case only different then it don't have side panel vents..for more air flow

@rick5446
    heck with it get the cosmos just get a cooler with a good 120mm with good cfm and a low dba your not goin to oc it so you should be fine..
    and if you do send the side panel to me..I'll customize it..with so 120mm's and a clear side..

@theonejrs
    man you better not leave..you and cincy need to crack a budweiser open and toast to forgivness..

Attention all my E6750 has been backed down from 3.6 to 3.0 running memory tight at 4-4-4-12 again..lol..i thought let you know..

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 10, 2008
  18. abuzar1

abuzar1 Senior member

Yeah well, at his current health level he should probably stay away from Alcohol.

19. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member

rick,

there is a grill on the front of the case and this hdd fan w/ optional bracket goes either in front or behind the hdds and is intake from the front.

20. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member

you would need to buy the bracket and a 120mm x 120mm x 25mm fan and it would serve as intake for the front and cool the hdd's as well. you might be able to put 2 in the front.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.