1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The (new) Official PC building thread!

Discussion in 'Building a new PC' started by creaky, Nov 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

shaffaaf,
    No not in the least as all the motherboards were good choices in their own right. Besides, it's his choice not mine to begin with. I gave him good advice and he made "his" choices. A good one I might add!

I'm grumpy at you for even thinking I would be grumpy because of something as childish as that, and then laughing at me to boot! Is this supposed to be some sort of moral victory for you? Because you're acting like it, and I resent that! What would you have done had he chosen the DQ6, cried? I look at the whole thing as you just had to rub it in my face! That's stupid kid stuff, and I've lost some respect for you because of it!

Respectfully,
    Russ

2. shaffaaf

shaffaaf Regular member

sorry for you taking it so personal, but the "haha" was a laugh at the joke, (which it was) i was not being seriuos at all. sorry if i didnt portray that well.

it ws just meant to be a joke because you like GB (which is not a bad thing at all, because if it wernt for u, not many people on AD would have a chance to use such brilliant boards.

i am very sorry if it offended you, as it was just intended as a joke nothing else

3. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

I've been very passive in this thread for the past day because I've been busy, but shaffaaf, you make this joke far too often. It's old, and it's starting to cause unrest - don't lets start any more hostility. Keep the jokes to yourself for now.

Lp: I haven't personally, living in the UK and all, but I'm certain someone here has and got good results

4. shaffaaf

shaffaaf Regular member

im sorry sam, humour will now be a thing of the past then :)

5. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

LOL. I know i do tech for a living but BIOS screens send me straight to sleep, last messed with them when i last overclocked, back in the day it was a P3 600E overclocked to 800MHz if i recall correctly. Worked perfectly for years, it's in a draw somewhere now though. Each to their own though re BIOS's ;)

6. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

That would be true with any quad threaded application. There are of course far more single and dual thread applications which places the E8400 at a an advantage for both, because of its going to have a higher clock speed. When a quad core attempts to use more cores than the application has threads that actually slows it down.

Now you know I wasn't implying that AD wasn't reputable.:D

I was speaking of test sites that have a lab and testing facilities, and are product neutral. Unfortunately they are not all equal.

The E8400 will win in with single and dual threaded applications but any thing with more than two threads the win will go to the quad core. Actually the E8400 and E9450 have exactly the same amount of L2 per core except where there is less than 4 threads. Even then the E8400 is probably going to have a 200 MHz advantage in speed and that's more than enough to overcome the L2 difference. These are the reasons why I haven't taken the leap to Quad core yet, but in the long run a Quad core will reign supreme because multithreaded applications are going to increase. Espcially when Nehalem hits the shelves.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2008
  7. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

shaffaaf,
    You can say what you want, but I don't believe it!
    Look at the way you wrote it! The first thing you say is sorry for adding another motherboard. If you were sorry you wouldn't have done it to begin with. You just wanted Rick's build to be an Asus! It's that simple. What is that Rick said about you being a super salesman! Then to come back and tell me "you rectified it"! Rectified what? He'd already made a good decision and then you got him to change his mind like he had made a horrible mistake. Hadn't I just told Rick that he made good choices when he let me know he'd switched? I had already told Rick that any of the 3 boards would be a good choice and given him a lower cost alternative in the DS3R. You just weren't happy with the choice he made, because it wasn't your choice, so you took it upon yourself to sneak around at the last minute, not on the thread, but privately and did your sales number on him.
    You say this on the thread with no reason in the world to say it! It's an answer without a question! I was in a pretty good mood until after I read it, yet you want me to believe that it wasn't meant to be an in my face thing! How could it be anything else if it's said without justification or reason and wasn't a response to something said or done!
    Humour comes with Honor and Respect always in mind There's no Humour if there's no point to be made from, and there wasn't. I didn't give any indication that I was upset about it in any way, mainly because I wasn't, so there was nothing to make a point from! You said the words without having a reason to say them, therefore I can't in any way, shape or form, accept it as a joke, as it's not the least bit funny, and the HAHA, makes it even more a slap in the face! I also don't like sneaking around, behind the back stuff. That's for stupid kids, not grown men! So grow up!

I'm done!
    Russ

8. greensman

greensman Regular member

To LATE!!!! hehehee.. :p

Morty I thought you were the guy that bought from TankGuys.com but couldn't remember. ;)

@all,
    I'm looking at some "inexpensive" RAM for a work computer... I don't need anything fancy or super fast just dependable. ;)

link to RAM

I'm also thinking of buying some "cheapy" DDR2 stuff to have on hand when a mobo won't play nice with some of the higher end RAM that I have... ANY suggestions from the list that I have or others are welcome too. :)

...gm

9. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

GM
    i know i said i wouldnt recomend crucial to anyone, But, after haven the ddr2 800 they sent me 16chip double sided this seems to be pretty good stuffi have had mine OC'd up to 900 and was fine and that was only at 2.1v not the 2.2v its rated at. here is a link to them and if you look at its batch/part # it is the same as the stuff they sent me in replace of the 1066.
    the only reason im recommending it now is cause of the experience i have had with these and the price is awsome on them with a MIR. plus free shipping

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820146565

10. greensman

greensman Regular member

RedRob thanks for the recommendation. ;) I'm still "shopping" so the addition is making me head hurt even more... hehehe. :p

@ALL..... come on guys... let's play nice. :D

....gm

11. abuzar1

abuzar1 Senior member

You all are too sensitive. Do like me, I dont think anyone other than me is worth anything, so I just dont pay attention to what they say ;)

12. shaffaaf

shaffaaf Regular member

At russ, time to be childish and just ignore you. if you dont belive me, then why should i bother with anything you have to say. thats the last time i speak to you.

back to on topic.

seeing as this is PC building ill put up pics of my build with new PSU:

well i got a new PSU (Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 650W), so i tidied up my case. IMO i think it still looks messy.

there is nothing clean in my room, but atleast my case is haha. its the onyl thing i vacuum EVER week.

any help on hiding more cables w.o modding the case?

Oh and no i cant close the right hand panel :(

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

closed

Next time maybe you guys can take your petty BS arguements to PM instead of all the nonstop bickering off the site that no one gives two $hits about.

14. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

thread re-opened. look at the title.

15. ZoSoIV

ZoSoIV Active member

ddp might as well refresh the thread also since the first post is 2005 which would be way outdated as far as PC parts etc.

16. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

Last edited: Jul 16, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.