1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

(The Office) doing a series using DVD2One not working properly

Discussion in 'DVD2One forum' started by psm112, Mar 7, 2003.

1. psm112

psm112 Member

Hi,

I hope the person who wrote the tutorial using VOB edit and IFO edit is reading this.
    I followed the guide to the letter to get all the episodes in one directory as VTS_01_1 ..2...3..4 e.t.c and removed all region info and reopened hit VTS sectors (assumed you then save again as it does not say) and then i fired up PowerDVD and everything works like a dream untill you try and navigate to chapter 32 from 31 and it seases up, if you let it run on from chapter 31 it works fine but if you use the chapter button from 31 onwards it just crashes the dvd and you have to hit play again and start over. I have re-done the DVD2ONE bit from the original directory and gone through the VOB edit and then readded the files to new directory and remade IFO's and stuff but still crashes. Why is this?

Also: How can i readd the proper menus in the original directory? and how do you make it go direct to an episode (not chapter) at the press of a single button?

Lots of questions - bit of a newbie to movies.

thanks

2. loaded

loaded Moderator Staff Member

I love DVD2ONE, but personally I think it is not ready for episodal copies. Half the beauty of this software is its simplicity, but unfortunately it is not simple to do episodal discs, or menus. I would recommend DVDxCOPY for that, or other freeward multisoftware solutions.

Paul.

3. psm112

psm112 Member

thanks for info but still wondering why this is being a problem, is there a limit on the number of chapters allowed maybe?

4. loaded

loaded Moderator Staff Member

DVD2ONE is just designed for packing the main movie part of the disc. It is possible, but a bit pointless to use it for anything else yet IMHO.

You can try DVDxCOPY of course, but there is a new piece of software out called DVD95COPY. Give it a go, it will do episodal, so they say.

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/26092

http://www.dvd95copy.com

Paul.

5. malum

malum Regular member

dvd95copy will do episodic discs but depending on how they are set up it won't do a good job.
    If they are in different title sets (think that's what I mean, where they are different VTS numbers anyway) It thinks the largest of these is the main movie and the rest are compressed to the max (as it thinks they are extras) so three of the four episodes will look crap. I'm sure it's something they will sort out in future releases though.