1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The '"Official" Car-modding Thread!

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by indienemo, Dec 9, 2004.

1. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

remember to redistribute the leftover weight to get as close to a 50/50 balance as possible. that means fuel cell in the trunk, battery in the trunk, any electronics in the back seat/trunk, etc. :)

2. indienemo

indienemo Guest

Cant afford to do that.. SO ill probably just leave it bare or lay some carpet down and install a six point roll cage

3. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

hehehe...awesome. show some pictures of the finished product!

4. indienemo

indienemo Guest

Will do :p!

5. SeanZ0r

SeanZ0r Regular member

@ zippyD i hope you get the swap! here are some pics i took at formula D
    round5(final)
    [​IMG]
    better pic of the celica.
    [​IMG]
    weeee! van with a 20g, wish my mom drove this
    [​IMG]
    clean s15!
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 16, 2005
  6. indienemo

indienemo Guest

Hehe someone here posted a pic of that rocket car before... :p

But that MPV with that massive turbo looks niiiice..

7. SeanZ0r

SeanZ0r Regular member

oh, i think it was you who posted the other pic, sorry, just wanted to share the one i had.
    my friends subie
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

where's that subaru located, sean? the trademark emblem on the front grill is quite a bit different from the one here in the states, lol.

*edit* just noticed the california license plate insert. did the emblem fall off? oh well...*drools* i love wrx's!

Last edited: Sep 16, 2005
  9. wrf01a

wrf01a Member

The Only thing I've Modded is the trucks stereo

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Does this count?

10. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

definitely; that's a kickass system! :D

11. SeanZ0r

SeanZ0r Regular member

lol i live in california, that is a Jdm badge, the wrx's in japan have thoes, and the sti ones are blue.

12. SeanZ0r

SeanZ0r Regular member

The mods the wrx has uppipe, downpipe, apexi n1 catback, stage2 cobb tuning, nicheaudio 12", mb quartz componets, hifonics amp, nakamichi HU,
    and a couple other mods.

13. indienemo

indienemo Guest

I wouldnt count ICE as car modding but yeah that looks like a kick ass system..

14. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

considering car talk seems dead and i couldn't find the "what's your ride" thread, i'm here to bring this back.

read this, guys: http://www.rs25.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59386

yeah, i know, not supposed to link to other forums but i had to share this. this kid is trying to run his car up to 8000 rpm because the thought that was his redline. yeah, his tach goes to 8000 rpm, but take a look at the picture included and see exactly where that red starts.

15. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

The dolt took several thousand miles of his engine's life. I like how the idiot gets mad when people call him out as a dumbass. Too funny.

16. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

i have the exact same drivetrain as him (both '05 impreza rs's with a 5-speed) and i can vouch that you feel the power at 5600, the pony peak, but you can seriously feel the surge end pretty much right after that. 6200, the real redline, is nearing a deadzone. i can't imagine the incompetence it takes to try to go past that, to 7 grand and beyond.

who equates subaru and honda, anyway? for a 4-cylinder, they're low-end torque beasts...who could expect crazy high rpms then?

the car is wayyyyy too nice for someone to just beat the doggy_bot out of it.

*edit*
    and speaking of several thousand miles, look at the way he beats on the car. if you go easy on it, a subie engine can easily see 200,000 miles and more. but when you beat it like he does, he can expect a blow motor far below 100k. and that pisses me off like you can't believe, because i'm a subie fanboy and i don't like people beating on these cars then complaining and calling them "unreliable" and "cheap" and saying subie makes crap when the error code is ID10T between the seat and steering wheel.

and speaking of more stupidity, there's another thread where a guy talks about taking his uncle's completely stock STI to the racetrack and launching at 7000 rpm and wanting to know if any other subies will do that and keep traction.

launching at [bold]7000[/bold] rpm...jesus, he's gonna shatter gears, axles, pretty much everything. he got ripped apart for that.

what's with people experimenting first, then asking questions? i wonder why so many good cars go to the scrapyard... >.<

Last edited: Mar 13, 2007
  17. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

The way that putz is treating his car the engine and drivetrain will be trashed in under 20k if not sooner. Subaru builds excellent vehicles but no production car is made to withstand the forces generated by retards who watched Fast & Furious too many times.

Either he's the dumbest poor boy ever or he's a coddled rich turd who wrecks every little toy he gets from mommy and daddy.

18. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

i am betting on the latter Nephilim lol . what an idiot

19. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

oh, he's a bit of both, that's for sure.

i actually asked about engine damage *for him* and he started flaming me. you guys have to keep checking this thread, as it's farkin' hilarious.

20. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

I don't like those big fat tail pipes, makes cars sound like crap.