1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The '"Official" Car-modding Thread!

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by indienemo, Dec 9, 2004.

1. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

not just crap, but rice. *however* when you have unequal length headers, the ol' rice goes away (given you have the correct diameter/length pipes between the muffler and header) and you hear nothing but amazing sound you can only get from a flat 4 boxer engine.

2. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Damn straight they do. They sound like leaf blowers.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2007
  3. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

i'm gonna have to hop on a common bandwagon and shout that i hate ricers. the cars look/sound ridiculous, and the japanime rap dress and behavior of the typical drivers makes me nearly crap myself laughing. okay, i don't hate them that much, as they're good clowns. but there's so many here, it's unbelievable.

i saw a riced mustang GT. [bold]ricedGT[/bold]. v-8, 5-speed piece of american muscle with a shopping cart wing, fart can exhaust, 18 inches of heavy ass wheel and a half inch of tire, vinyl graphics, bubbling window tint, and the typical non-functional hood scoop.

if i had a gun with me then, you'd have seen me on the 6 o'clock news.

4. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

upgrades planned for summer 2007: rear sway bar, possible shocks and struts, endlinks, possible wheels, tires.

upgrades planned for 2008: 6-speed manual (re-geared sti), race clutch, supercharger.

upgrades uknown: endlinks, axles, engine internals, exhaust, intake, headers, front sway bar.

then natasha will be perfect. ^.^

Last edited: Mar 23, 2007
  5. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

considering it's related, has anyone else been watching Bullrun on spiketv?

i love the '68 charger. it's really frickin' awesome.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2007
  6. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

holy rice:
    [​IMG]
    that poor car.

7. Nephilim

It's completely beyond me how anyone could think that looks cool.

8. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

looks be damned, ricers wouldn't catch near the crap they do if those "mods" had a positive performance boost. that body kit only adds weight and air resistance without an engine mod to back it up. in a front wheel drive car, all that wing will do is kill your gas mileage. those frickin' altezza taillights just look cheap. i mean, really, ew. and i would bet fifty dollars that the exhaust piping in front of that fart can is less than 2 inches in diameter.

9. Nephilim

Lol, I couldn't agree more. At least that one has has a staight body and the fiberglass is color-matched. I see so many half-assed jobs where a kid bolts on the primered/white fiberglass and calls it good or he has some high-dollar Enkei's bolted on a beat up piece of crap that's literally falling apart.

My all time favorite are the 13" and 14" plastic snap on spinner hubcaps. I can't believe people can put those on and drive around seriously thinking they look cool when they don't hardly spin half the time :p

10. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

i love when the kids put all the fiberglass on and decide to lower the car. of course, it doesn't occur to them that a day later, a pebble in the road or a pothole will rip that bumper clean off and crack the hell out of it. if you want to lower your car, you need to do it right and get air shocks on it to raise it back up a few inches when you're driving around.

and fiberglass body kits, in general, irritate me. kids with horrid driving habits plop them on there and plow into everything from curbs to other cars. at the least, they need to invest in *good* parts and pic up some urethane skirts, bumpers, lips, etc. they have some resilience, at least.

and as for the fake spinners...

"yo homie, you know a junior P-I-M-P like me can't be runnin' on no dubs yet, dawg. gots to get paid first, ya dig?" *puts gun to head and pulls trigger* i really just don't understand that whole culture. can't afford real bling, so they think fake bling makes them look good? i ...just....my head hurts.

and speaking of bling! here on campus, some *kid* is driving around a cadillac SUV. yes, some kid drives around, alone, in a vehicle designed to seat 8 and their luggage, on these narrow-ass roads, taking up 2 parking spaces at a time, and getting a whole 8 mpg while doing so.

and if that wasn't bad enough, this guys has 24 inch rims and tires with racing compound on the car, but is running stock suspension and *drum brakes* in the back. he also put on a chrome pushbar that i could *kick clean off*, altezza tail lights, a chrome gas flap that sticks out horribly against a yellowed-gray paintjob, and tint that i *know* isn't legal.

it's really hard being a guy that believes in conserving resources when i see people running vehicles like that for daily drivers. one of these days, i'm just gonna snap and kill somebody. >.<

*edit*
    thanks for helpin' me rant a little, neph. i'm sure you've saved the lives of a few ricer bling fanatics somewhere in the future.

11. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

me wants soooo badly:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. Polyarny

Polyarny Regular member

hey brandon did you see the new subie models for 08? check here...cool stuff

and are you gonna do the mods yourself or have someone do it?

13. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

i'm sorry, justin, but seeing the '08 STI as a 5-door mazda ripoff makes me want to puke. 2007 is the last real impreza to me, til they change the body style again. >.<

i'll do as much of the work as i can myself; rsb, intake, exhaust, most of the suspension work. when charger/swap time comes around, i'll have a shop do it, as i don't really have the means myself.

14. Polyarny

Polyarny Regular member

they do look completely different, but they are still nice cars, but now that you mentioned it the STI does look like a mazda. oh well still love the 07's.

15. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

that aggressive visual...."bite" that subies had is gone in the impreza line now. the legacies and foresters and so on still look good, and eventually the impreza will again, too.

16. Nephilim

Remember to use lots of "go faster" stickers on it Aus ;)

17. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

i'll use a bunch, neph...except they'll be completely black...and made of paint...on a black car. ^.~

18. ireland

ireland Active member

'General Lee' bids near $10 million
    May 04, 2007 - 9:02 AM - by Digital Dave
    For a car... wow.

If the bids are real - and the eBayMotors.com auction has already been stopped once for fake bidding - a modified 1969 Dodge Charger, painted to look like the General Lee from the TV Show "The Dukes of Hazzard," could become the most expensive car ever auctioned.

Bids for the car have gone as high as $9.9 million as of 9:00 am Friday. With 5 hours to go in the auction, that puts it just $1.1 million away from the $11 million paid for a 1931 Bugatti Type 41 Royale Sports Coupe sold by the auction house Christie's in 1987. To date, that is the highest price ever paid for a car at auction, according to Christie's.

money.cnn.com
    http://money.cnn.com/2007/05/04/autos/general_lee_ebay_record/index.htm?postversion=2007050410

19. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

it's a beautiful car, even in orange with southern garb. you just gotta love the general. :p

20. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

the charger is now knocked out of bullrun. it made it to the final four, and now i want to cry. if the olds wins, i'm gonna kill someone.