1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Official Graphics Card and PC gaming Thread

Discussion in 'Building a new PC' started by abuzar1, Jun 25, 2008.

1. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Rich,
    Actually, I haven't bought Left4Dead yet. I had to experience it beforehand. I know, I know. I sincerely apologize to Valve. Believe it or not, im one of the very few who pays where money is both due, and earned. Left 4 Dead, has obviously earned it. I reinstalled both XP, and Windows 7 last weekend, and am still in the process of reinstalling some of my apps. The games being next on my to do list :) I believe I can finally squeeze some green out of my wallet LOL! Though my wallet may cry LOL!
    Im pretty depressed lately(Very long story), and the games seem to help me a great deal. Movies help quite a bit, but I get to interact with a game. So thats much more fun :D If the games can help me feel better...than so be it!

Kevin

2. harvrdguy

harvrdguy Regular member

Kevin - don't be depressed. Get the game and go online - and get a microphone. Your buddies will cheer you up while you massacre the zombie hordes together, lol! Beats the hell out of going to the movies, by a long shot!

And if you're new to gaming, stay at Normal, or even Easy, until your fingers start hitting the right keys. It takes a while. I tried playing coop a ton of years ago on quake 2 with my brother, and he couldn't stop the mouse from pointing at the floor or the ceiling - he was SOOOOO not used to it - in fact he was getting nauseous - if that happens to you it's normal. Watching my brother took me way back to my beginnings at running the mouse and keyboard - back before WASD! True!!

Estuansis! Funny guy - the comment about shaff!

(By the way, what's a special - don't tell me two tanks at once or some such sh*t?)

Yeah, that stuff Shaff said sure did sound a lot like the shisha hooka stuff I used to know bunches about, lol! But then I thought, "Well, with these Pakistanis, maybe that's slang for schoolbooks - you never know what they're talking about" Hahaha.

Shaff! Just kidding again!! No offense, shaff, ray, boozer, et al.

Listen Shaff, don't put the game off for more than a week or so unless you think that place you linked to, shopto.net, is going to be back in stock soon.

By the way, the Eurogamer L4D review at that site was one of the best I have ever read. I signed onto the site so I could post how brilliant it was, then they wouldn't let me post, grumble grumble.

Anyway, you can always pay me back when you're flush again, no matter how many years that takes, lol.

So let's get with the program. Jeff is playing Advanced regularly, and he has tactics to get me through the finales, and Sam already is expert, and I'm the complete rookie - but I have a few tactics - my buddy system should work good - and I learn fast, and I have a mic - we all have mics right?

Look shaff, I'll be fully heeled on the 25th - but I can paypal you an easy $30 or $36 right now no problem. I just need your damn email account, so PM me! Wait a second - that was you trying to send me a note in Feb that I noticed just now at my msn email address, (the spam one I give out that I never check lol) when I replied to the confirmation from shopto.net! You're already in my address book - I have your email address (and I just added you too, Jeff, and I just emailed all three of you guys.)

And get this - I just checked Wells Fargo - I have $36.19 total in my two accounts, checking and savings, TOTAL!! Hahahahaha. That's f**king ludicrous! Wells Fargo wants you to buy that goddamn game!!!

Okay, $36 is coming right now via paypal if I can figure out how to do it.

I did it! You have to follow some instructions they're going to send you.

So, follow their dumb instructions, buy the game from steam tomorrow, practice just a bit (don't overdo it for heavens sake) go through the single player developer commentary if you can be bothered, and be ready to help out with your formidable killing machine instincts by Wednesday.

And don't bogart the health packs, I don't care what you're smokin. LOL!

Hahahahaha!

Rich

Last edited: May 16, 2009
  3. shaffaaf

shaffaaf Regular member

lol rich, ill buy it dont worry :) but thank you for the show of love :)

[​IMG]

thats a hookah, and shisha is the flavoured tobacco one smokes in it. its a water pipe.

though mine looks liek this:

[​IMG]

but this isnt the thread for that talk.

lets just say i prefer smoking my flavoured tobacco to my PC.

4. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

:D

Is Halo a worthwhile game? It sounds like its one of the best first person shooter games ever made. I liked Doom, and Heretic, quite a bit. Is it worth what ever they're asking? I assume the first one(Combat Evolved) has been ported to PC? Yep, just ran a google LOL! The question however remains. Is it worth it?

5. harvrdguy

harvrdguy Regular member

Love has nothin to do with it. I just don't want the tanks handing me my ass on a regular basis just so Sam can get his Expert achievements, lol. I figure a natural born killer like your phat self can "save the day" for this rookie, hahaha.

I have smoked a couple of water pipes in my day, but nothing as beautiful as those hookas - damn! I'm impressed. No seriously, that is some beautiful works of art, no doubt about it! You know that sh*t is bad for your lungs, right? Hahaha.

So, are you on for Wednesday, or you gonna shisha out on the team? Remember, I'm not gonna be around until tea time, so get over the shisha by then, do some stiff green tea and get some caffeine wake up goin, and strap on your AK, so to speak. We'll meet at Sam's house and let the killin begin!!

Kevin, shaff can probably answer this better than I, but I used to watch a 360 player, another brother's friend named Kyle - a killing machine great COD4 player guy with maybe as much skill as shaff - sit and play halo with his mic going, talking to his team buddies, and it looked great to me. Of course it was on a tv set, and it wasn't a high def set, but like World of Warcraft they still managed to make it look "pretty." They had some interesting little personal flying craft you could jump into if you wanted, and grenades, and sniper rifles of the star trek sort, and the whole thing looked nice - not exactly my world war two style - but nice.

Did they port the game to PC?

Rich

6. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Last edited: May 16, 2009
  7. rubixcube

rubixcube Regular member

IMO the original Halo is by far the best of the three. It's such a fantastic game. If you're into that sort of stuff, I'd also recommend Fallout3 (sorry if you already have been talking about it on here lol) although it's quite a massive game and I constantly find myself getting distracted by side quests, or blowing off people's heads that I shouldn't be, etc.

8. shaffaaf

shaffaaf Regular member

the GO halo on the PC was one of my fav FPS till cod4. its fantastic!

(multiplay, i dont bother with SP)

9. Estuansis

Estuansis Active member

Out of the three Halos so far, the PC version of the first is by far the best. Best maps, best weapons, best vehicles. It's a shame the Xbox version didn't have Xbox Live support because the PC multiplayer owns. I've been known to waste a few hours in Halo from time to time :D

10. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

And people still play multiplayer online to this day? If so, it must be quite the game indeed :D

11. Estuansis

Estuansis Active member

Oh yeah there are quite a few servers running and they are usually populated. Some are usually full.

12. abuzar1

abuzar1 Senior member

Honestly I prefer Halo 2 the best when it comes to multiplayer, followed by Halo 3 and then Halo. I loved Halo CE on the PC though, but I never played it online.

13. Red_Maw

Red_Maw Regular member

After Halo CE it was downhill with that series for me. The SP was good and once it came out for PC the multiplayer was awesome. Back in fall I gave Halo 2 (PC) a try but it just wasn't that fun, and the single player was unplayable due to the broken live system.

14. harvrdguy

harvrdguy Regular member

Boozer, you popped back in just to shock everybody, and just this morning we were mic chatting about you - sam and me - remembering the day you got everybody to download and play that FEAR demo - cool. (Hey by the way, that reminds me - check your pm.)

Well, guys, if everybody, Jeff, Kevin, Red and all think that the one PC version of Halo is worthwhile, maybe I'll have to get out of my WWII rut and try it. Although for the time being, I think I'll be pretty busy with L4D, lol.

Rich

15. abuzar1

abuzar1 Senior member

Haha I just thought I'd say Hi. It IS my thread after all ;)

Unfortunately I don't own L4D. :(

16. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

I still haven't picked it up myself. I plan on doing it when I go to town tomorrow :D In the mean time...Im curious what other users first all nighter was. Myself, it was this beauty here. I was about 11-12 years old I believe.
    [​IMG]

17. Estuansis

Estuansis Active member

I once played Conker's Bad Fur Day multiplayer with my friend for 14 hours straight. That was the life :)

Or maybe classic halo with 3 Xboxes linked and 9 guys. 25 hours straight only stopping to chug more Mt Dew :p

18. harvrdguy

harvrdguy Regular member

Twenty-five hours straight on Mountain Dew! All rightie then - let the killing begin, lol (I guess without booze.)

Yeah, Kevin, L4D will be a good thing for you - many hours of good times! I swear I'm gonna install it on my laptop, just to prove the laptop will run it. Then just like Estuansis on his weaker rig, I'll end up playing it on the 14" screen just for a change, haha. (The cool thing would be that with the extra batteries I bought, I could go to a Starbucks hot spot and sit there for 8 hours battling zombies, lol.)

Legend of Zelda. I swear I did hear about that a few times - ancient legendary legacy game. That was last century, right? LOL

19. Red_Maw

Red_Maw Regular member

Pretty sure I've never played a game for more then 12 hours in one sitting and the first time was probably with Halo CE (xbox) multiplayer, like Estuansis except shorter and no mountain dew lol.

One of these days I'll pick up and finish legend of zelda, such a long game though.

20. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Darnit!!! I didnt make it to the store today. Too much friggin yard work. I suppose its ok though. Rich isn't playing til Wednesday, so no big deal. As long as no one is using it, my username will be Omeganega, or a variation there of. It already is my Windows Live ID. Start watching for me LOL. Im entering the game scene. Im working on a new wallpaper now, that I think some people will appreciate, if not love. Stay tuned :D
    Ahh, but soo entertaining :D To a newbie, I guarantee they'll like it. Ive played it A LOT!!! I find it a little boring now. But if im in the right mood, its still entertaining. If you ever have a question, I know a great deal about the game.

Last edited: May 17, 2009