1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Official Graphics Card and PC gaming Thread

Discussion in 'Building a new PC' started by abuzar1, Jun 25, 2008.

1. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Boy...I guess I still haven't played Left 4 Dead that much. Ive never seen him (Tank) climb up things before. He pulled him self up on these pipes yesterday. My jaw literally dropped! I thought I was gonna be clever and shoot him from above. Guess I underestimated his capabilities LOL!
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 27, 2009
  2. Estuansis

Estuansis Active member

I'm really surprised you haven't seen that before. The Tank does it to me every time...

Oh yeah trying a Windows 7 skin for XP called SevenVG Black. So far it's awesome. It doesn't effect performance much if at all and it's absolutely bug free. Good holdover till the real thing goes final :p

3. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Boy...this game is so RANDOM! Zoey shouted tank, and before I could look around, I was already down LOL! I was doing really good to. Hadn't been down once on "advanced" no less :D After playing Expert for a few days, advanced almost seems like gravy LOL! What I mean by random, is one day, i'll beat expert, but there will still be the chance a zombie will get the drop on me. So it'll never be full proof.

Im not usually above the tank...:D

4. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Here's a FUGLY shot of the Tank! A face only a mother could love LOL!
    [​IMG]

5. keith1993

keith1993 Regular member

The plot thickens. I left my Nvidia card in my PC not doing anything (I was going to take it out eventually). Then I got this weird thing where music sort of sticks (like when the PC's on full load) and in games its like my CPU's maxed so I checks and at idle its at idle load with no weird temps or anything. So I reboots and its the same. So I shuts it down, take the 8400 out, boots and its fine!!

6. harvrdguy

harvrdguy Regular member

Hey guys - been working on another family laptop - put a new keyboard on an older HP running Athlon 1.6ghz chip. The keys had worn to the point where you couldn't see the letters, and there was massive key skipping.
    Sam, great work on the crysis chart on page 151 - clearly Ati HD still nowhere near to making crysis work on 30" at high settings. Here's hoping the new architecture at end of year will significantly help solve that.
    Oh, fess up, we won't tell. LOL
    That is the craaaaaziest story I ever heard!! The hard drive circuit board still attached to the molex. They were setting you up - was there a candid camera around somewhere? What he didn't tell you is that he had intimate pictures of his former girlfriend on that Quantum drive, lol.

Glad to hear, Jeff, that you're enjoying the computer job - you'll have your $500 40" HDTV in a few weeks, sounds like!
    Congratulations - if you weren't so foul-mouthed maybe they'd answer you!

Just kidding - I know, that's the OTHER guy! LOL
    Nice screens, Omega. Agreed - couldn't be uglier! Also agreed about expert vs advanced. Spent several hours on expert watching some real cowboys - they know where the high spots are for all those sudden, never-ending hoards - great techniques for meleeing your way through random groups of zombies without taking any health hits (can't do with the hordes).

I thought tower was a one-way affair until a highly-skilled Louis knocked part of the railing off just in case the tank followed him up. Expert opens up some horde-fighting opportunities, and closes others. On Streets, there are some storefronts after minigun next to the bus that are available on expert, but boarded up on advanced. Conversely, the little rooms on hospital advanced finale are locked on expert.

I dropped back to advanced at the end of the evening for some light easy work - piece of cake. My reflexes had tripled - a wonder I didn't have a cardiac ala MJ. (RIP! ... now that is bullshit - why did he have a cardiologist on comeback tour payroll? - what kind of hyped up drugs was he taking - wtf!) I increased my mouse sensitivity also, since, in black and white, a slight delay in swinging around for even just one single zombie can spell death on expert.

Rich

Last edited: Jun 29, 2009
  7. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

LOL! I had a closer look at the "smoker" recently. He could quite possibly be the ugliest thing I've ever seen LOL!

8. keith1993

keith1993 Regular member

I wasn't foul mouthed when I was spamming and I'd tried all sorts of places to get answers before going on my spam fest also it got me an answer (and banned until tomorrow) there holding a press conference tomorrow probably to say its been put back again!

oops I wrote in first person...

Also just noticed the XFX GeForce GTX 260 660MHz 896MB DDR3 PCIE DVI (Black Edition) HEY GET YOUR OWN NAME!!

Last edited: Jun 29, 2009
  9. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

Is that an AMD comment? I can't remember who took the name first, they've both been using it for quite a long time now.

10. keith1993

keith1993 Regular member

Yes!-If thats the case I'll let them off then. Its just I've never seen it before

11. Estuansis

Estuansis Active member

Actually, I'm almost 100% sure that the first "Black Edition" product was the AMD 64 X2 Brisbane 5000+ Black Edition. Followed shortly after by the 6400+ Black Edition. From then on it exploded. Hell, half the time Black Edition doesn't even mean anything anymore. But I accept AMD as the original Black Edition brand.

12. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

I think they probably were first, but I've seen black edition used on graphics for a fair while. Unlike with AMD CPUs, it is synonymous with a much more powerful variant - XFX's Black edition cards boast some of the biggest factory overclocks I've ever seen.

13. keith1993

keith1993 Regular member

I thought Black Edition CPUs had unlocked multipliers like the Intel Extreme Editions.

:) the release date for FUEL has been confirmed its 03/07/2009! But they haven't said why it was put back...

14. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

They do, but from what I can gather, the majority of AMD's CPUs that see any overclocking at all are black editions. The limitation is really the CPU itself, not the FSB (as far as I can tell).

15. keith1993

keith1993 Regular member

I should really of made it clear that this was what I was referring to..

16. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

17. keith1993

keith1993 Regular member

:-( I paid £131 for my 512MB XFX 4850 (not XXX or anything) on 01/03/2009. Its just not fair!

18. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

hehe, let's not start a "how much too much did you pay" contest...

19. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

I gather you would take the Cake sam LOL! As long as YOU feel it was worth it, the price is really irrelevant! I dont regret spending 200$ on my GTX 260. I enjoy it EVERYDAY. Best money ive spent in a while LOL!

20. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

GTX260s aren't much less than that now, surprise surprise.