1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Official OC (OverClocking) Thread!

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by Praetor, May 1, 2004.

1. mlit

mlit Guest

mh, .. so i'm just gonna shoot in here, .. need some help with OC'ing.

running abit ic7-g with a northwood 2.8ghz ati radeon 9600 series.

anyone running the same shit?

2. askyew

askyew Regular member

Like in my sig?

3. Gottawin

Gottawin Regular member

Mlit, is that Northwood stuff pretty decent ??

4. Dr.xp

Dr.xp Regular member

beanboy over 70 Cª celcius is consider hot for a video card!

5. beanboy07

beanboy07 Guest

Thanks drxp. Running idol at 59. The hottest its got after running benchmarks and playing hl2 doom3 or far cry is 61c. I guess I'm ok then.

6. mlit

mlit Guest

Gottawin, the only core from intel that works ;)

7. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

Except you have to click "apply" or "ok" ;)

Depends on the video card :)

LOL ive never seen it written like that before
    Specifically with what? :) Read this as a OC primer http://www.computerforum.com/announcement.php?f=7 .... for the most part, its trial and error (and common sense) after that hehe

Since when?? The NV40s are 0.13 chips and rated well past 140ºC

LOL ive never seen it written like that before

8. roaper

roaper Member

question I am running amd 2500+ Barton on a asus A7V400-MX board currently running at 333 mhz bus
    asus has software that came with the board to moniter temps and they agree whith sis software sandra 2005
    it repoirts that the cpu is staying right around
    50 cel. with the stock copper core heatsink can I jump to 400 withuot doing any thing to the machine or is there any advise out there any thing I do has to be done on the board not through bios

9. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

????

10. roaper

roaper Member

why the ???? the barton 2500+ that I bought came with a cooling block that is copper core clad in alluminum. It all came in the same packeage from amd, and is completly stock

11. fah-q

fah-q Member

sup guys
    i have a athlon xp 2800 on a SOYO KT600 plus.i'm running it at 2112mhz. the problem is that i can't find a way to make the voltage go up its at 1.64v is there a way to incerase it on this motherboard? please let me know man.

12. Zeone

Zeone Member

I just got a new motherboard processor vid card and ram.... i have the AMD 3000+ running at 2.15 gigaherts its been on for about more then 24 hours and the cpu temp is at 40 degrees celcious with like 42 running processes i have a Termaltake Volcano 11+ Xaser addition, is it alright?

13. ppiper

ppiper Member

40 degrees idle is ok. i have a amd 64 3500 @2.565 prime/superpi stable fsb@285x9 idles at 39c. i got my fsb up to 301x9 totally unstable corrupted windows but could bench still, and 260x10 all 1T ,1gig gskill ram, pc power cooling 510 deluxe,xp-90hs, 1 vantec tornado 92mm plus 5 more fans,antec 1000 amg case ,sony dvd burner, aopen cd/dvdrom, 20 inch monitor, accoustic auth 10 inch sub woolfer,9600xt aiw, hp printer/scanner i also have a 1.2 ghtz t bird@1.35 but the cheap psu i have with it wont let me get any further stable and i need a better bios shuttle ak11 pc133 1gig i know if i could get it to 1.5

14. madgreek

madgreek Guest

Hey Guys,

I am just new to overclocking. I have a Celeron (not d), 2.4 ghz. I have it at 3.2 Ghz. It is completely stable. It idles at 40 c. Full load 44 c. I can't push it any furthur due to the memory and motherboard I have. I suspect it could hit 3.5 easy with good cooling even more i bet. I have 1 120mm fan. I also have arctic silver 5 on there. The board is a cheap jetway 533fsb max. Its a real chip chip for the money you can't go wrong.

15. ppiper

ppiper Member

hmmmm im an amd fan but i think im gonna get me a p4 just to play around with it but i dont know which chip is the best bang for the buck how much that celeron chip cost? and what r ur benchmarks?

16. madgreek

madgreek Guest

I use sisoft sandra 05. I usually post in terms of comparision to an athlon 3000 xp slot a. My goal is to get it on par with a 3200 xp or better. Can't do it though with the ram I have (2700). I would neeed 3200 ram to do it. The cpu I paid 60 for

17. ppiper

ppiper Member

60 bucks? thats a good deal i bet it encodes/decodes fast i want a p4 just for that reason so its about as fast as an xp3200 but with the intel encoding.

18. Dr.xp

Dr.xp Regular member

dude where you pay 60 for that cpu tell.
    and yes youll need ddr 400 (3200) to cope with 3200 xp runs on a 400 mhz fsb

19. samusXP

samusXP Regular member

I have an AMD Athlon XP 2500+ on an MSI K7 MoBo with an Nvidia GeForceFX 5500 and 512 MB (2x256MB) RAM. The default setting on the multplier is 166MHz, how high should I overclock it where it will still be stable. My PC is mainly for gaming. I use it to play games like Doom 3, Half-life 2, Chronicles Of Riddick, and other First Person Shooter games. It isn't a newer processor, so it isn't locked.

20. ppiper

ppiper Member

at stock speed increse your fsb in 1 mhtz increments till its unstable then up the vcore then push it a little further then up the vdimm take it slow and when u get it unstable again back off a little and run some tests run prime 95 and super pi i prime mine overnight with motherboard moniter u dont want it too to get to hot U SHOULD know your idle/load temps i dont know if your multi is unlocked but u should be able to up it by one with stock fsb and it be stable be careful if u oc too high u can corrupt windows or ruin your hd after uping and running some tests fsb/vcore vdimm/ram timings try lowering your multi and uping the fsb mines at 9x282= 2.5 right now where i want it ram 2-3-3-7 and sometimes if u oc too high on old bioses it cause your pc not to reboot dont worry if that happens ur supposed to shut it down let it cool totally off and reset cmos but i found in doing so sometimes i get a corrupted bios so i take out my battery untill it resets never had a problem but i wouldnt reccommend it if u dont know what ur doing. just take it slow and ull figure it out it takes alot of time and testing to get a good stable oc.u like to play doom well after u oc and test play it if ur machine reboots ull know u need to change something.