1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Official OC (OverClocking) Thread!

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by Praetor, May 1, 2004.

1. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member

cpu-z in your sig says PC2 6400.

2. abuzar1

abuzar1 Senior member

I know but on the memory box it says PC-8000.

3. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member

I would be concerned as to what speed memory you really have and tend to trust cpu-z over the label on the box. what other software do you have to verify your memory speed (sandra, everest, pc wizard)?

4. abuzar1

abuzar1 Senior member

I have Everest as well. If they say it is PC2-8000 on the box but it's actually PC-6400, wouldn't that be false advertising? Maybe I can get them to send me REAL PC2-8000 sticks.

EDIT: It seems I didn't backup Everest, can I use PC Wizard(Don't know if thats exactly it but the name is similar)

Last edited: Aug 30, 2007
  5. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member

they wouldn't have done it on purpose. it probably accidently got put in the wrong box. I would dig up my reciept and contact the vendor about the problem.

6. abuzar1

abuzar1 Senior member

I got it from tigerdirect and they are a hassle. I think I'll contact Crucial.

EDIT: I always thought that PC2-8000 chips were PC2-6400 chips that had been tested working at 1000mhz. Is this not so?

7. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member

not to my knowledge.

8. abuzar1

abuzar1 Senior member

Well PC Wizard says PC2-6400. Is it safe to tell crucial that my memory is overclocked?

9. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member

don't tell them anything you don't have to. just tell them you paid for PC2 8000 and that's what it says on the box but cpu-z, everest, and pc wizard all report it as being PC2 6400. they may have you do some other validation.

10. abuzar1

abuzar1 Senior member

Ok thanks. I'm using live chat with them right now.

11. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

abuzar1,
    You'll note that from time to time I sign out that way. It's just to show appreciation or sincerity! Hey, I "stole" "Clock On" from Marsey99. It replaced "Happy Computering".

Most time if I have a difference of opinion with someone, I sign off "Best Regards"! It shows that there's nothing personal in that "difference of opinion". To me, it means "Respect"! Just becuase someone disagrees with you doesn't mean they are wrong and you are right. To me, it's all about learning. That's why folks come here, to learn about overclocking and sometimes make friends. If I've been "Flamed", I hande it in a PM. Then I sign, "Respectfully Yours"! Saves a lot of grief sometimes!

Here's a new one!

May Your Clocks Runneth Over,
    Russ :>)

12. mikeh0303

mikeh0303 Regular member

well, my overclock is much better now that I raised the CPU voltage just a bit. My temps in core temp are yet to reach 45c.

I don't know if anyone here has ever tried sabayon linux, but I am having a lot of trouble installing the 64bit version, I cant even get it to boot to a desktop, just some mode that looks like dos.

13. Lp531

Lp531 Regular member

@#theonejrs
    Shouldn't it be...
    Code:
    May your Over Clock Runneth...
    I thought the purpose of an OC was for it to Runneth...Not Runneth Over...(LOL)...

Now I need to Check your responses...and see if I ever got a..."Best Regards"..:)

14. abuzar1

abuzar1 Senior member

Now I have to think of something! Mike I've tried Sabayon Linux and I've found it to be very buggy, I use ubuntu instead. Let me try my hand at this...

Peace out nikka!,
    Abuzar ;)

15. mikeh0303

mikeh0303 Regular member

I am trying the 32bit os tomorrow (could be eariler, my utorrent download speed is 400kb/sec

If I have no luck I will try ubuntu.

Funny thing is even trying to run it off the cd does not work. (the desktop).

But getting this over clock to work is making me happy :)

16. abuzar1

abuzar1 Senior member

Well glad to see something is working out. I really do suggest you donwload ubuntu. I guess I might have a faster internet connection than you but I downloaded Ubuntu in 10 mins(700 mb). Sabayon is on a DVD because it has all this stuff, but you can install beryl on Ubuntu just as easily.

17. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

Lp531,
    ROFLMAO!!

Best Regards,
    Russ :>}

18. abuzar1

abuzar1 Senior member

I suppose mine wasn't that funny. No offence to any black people on here, I'm not racist.

Have fun(This is mine, please don't steal it because I will have to think real hard for a new one),
    Abuzar.

19. Lp531

Lp531 Regular member

@theonejrs
    Why did I not see that one coming..:)..ROFL

Here is a Good one pulled on me yesterday...

Man...Did I have a Rough Show Last Night...It was the opening Night for this years Concert Series in Turlock...with Randy Travis...

The Good News (SOLD OUT)....

The Bad News... We are experiencing a Major Heatwave...and yesterday the A/C for the Theatre..DIED...

We went into scramble mode...We got a crew out...they replaced the compressor's motor...however...the A/C couldn't catch up once it was working...It was easily 110*... inside the Theatre during the show...Randy and his crew took everything wonderfully...considering the dilemma...They still had their normal sense of Humor...and proceeded to...PUNK every one of us...I had the Honor of being the "First Victim of the Day"...

THE PROP...

[​IMG]

THE SET-UP...
    Rob the Stage Manager...You might want to grab one of those New Energy Drinks that Randy is getting ready to Release...The Label are Designs that are not going to be used...They are Rare...and Probably going to be a Collectors Item and Worth some Money...

THE PUNK...

[​IMG]

and...Yes...I jumped about 10ft...and muttered a few obscenities...as Rob...(ROFLHAO)...They then proccedded to set everyone of the Local Crew-up...The Worst was the poor Catering Lady...who was checking All the Ice Chest for Ice...She went Running and Screaming...
    Thanks Rob and Randy...for lightening the grueling day..:)

20. abuzar1

abuzar1 Senior member

lp531, what do you do?