1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Official OC (OverClocking) Thread!

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by Praetor, May 1, 2004.

1. Lp531

Lp531 Regular member

@GTR35
    Thats about all you can say about A-Data...but right now so is the good stuff...so why bother...

@baltekm
    Mushkin was good in the PC-3200 days..but mushkin is having some compatibility problems with certain M/B chip sets...to me they are kind of a hit...and miss proposition...

The only good thing about Vista...is the Media Center...and nothing else...

2. baltekmi

baltekmi Regular member

wHAT'S A data?

3. Lp531

Lp531 Regular member

A-Data is a brand of memory...like Corsair...Crucial...Mushkin...etc...

4. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

baltekmi.
    Memory, I think! As far as I know, they don't make anything faster than 800MHz memory!

Clockin On at the Speed of Light,
    theone :<)

5. abuzar1

abuzar1 Senior member

Greensman, don't go for the E6850, it's not worth it. Put that extra money into the RAM Russ(theonejrs) posted. That way you have a lot of OC potential, and trust me you CAN overclock that to hell and back lol.

6. Lp531

Lp531 Regular member

Abuzar1 how do you like your New PS3 compared to the Wii?..

7. abuzar1

abuzar1 Senior member

I already made the deal, but I'm going to go pick it up at 9AM. It's 7:42 AM right now. I'll let you guys know.

8. greensman

greensman Regular member

ARe you serious?? I'll sell you mine for $1200 USD + some shipping.... It comes with 2 controllers, 7-8 games, the sports controller package, steering wheel, blaster gun, and Guitar Hero III. Can you believe what the kiddies are getting for Christmas?? Well assuming you don't buy it sam. :p

...gm

btw thanks to all that have "helped" me in here and the PC thread. ;)

9. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

A-Data make cheap, nasty memory. It suffices for cheap regular office PCs, but I'd never put it in a gaming build.
    As for Mushkin, it seems to perform quite well, but there has to be a reason why nobody uses it around here. I mean we've all heard of it. The last time I looked it wasn't price-competitive in the normal market, and in the high end market Crucial Ballistix have pretty much everything beat.
    Greensman: No thanks mate, at current prices I couldn't even afford the console on its own right now! GH3 has been organised for me for christmas anyway!

10. greensman

greensman Regular member

Sam I'm not so callous as to sell my kids own Christmas present. Well if it meant I could get my puter parts and replace the Wii then I might consider it. LOL.

Good info fellas, keep it up.

....gm

11. chop2113

chop2113 Regular member

Hey guys what about the g-skills 1066 a 2 gb set is $125 USD. They put some decent numbers. The only thing is you have to bump the voltage to 2.45 to run at 44412 but still decent for the price.

12. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

That's quite a high voltage for RAM really, I'm not sure I'd want to push RAM that high.

13. Lp531

Lp531 Regular member

14. NuckNFuts

NuckNFuts Regular member

15. NuckNFuts

NuckNFuts Regular member

Double Click and Fast Click removal?

o.K. guys, I know it's off the OC topic but it is effecting one of my overclocks and OS on both Server 2003 and MCE 2005.

Anybody have experience with removing doubleclick and fastclick items effectively? What is a good cookies or spybot scanner/removal tool? This is the pesty cookie or reg edit that effects your mouse double-click and sometimes right-click, as well as fast-clicking.

Thankx!

16. ck5134

ck5134 Regular member

Double Click and Fast Click

theyre just cookies, theres nothing malicious about them just advertising cookies, they wont effect your overclock.

spybot search and destroy s a handy app, if you want to block bad sites, scan for a few trojans / dialers and some adware, just dont use the teatimer part of it.

double click and fast click, are easy to remove all you have to do is empty your temporary internet files.

if you think you have a spyware issue, download and install, spy bot search and destroy from - safer networking, adaware from lavasoft, and avg anti spywarefrom grisoft, runing all of these remove most nasties.
    if you have any other problems there are specific fixes depending on what it is.

17. NuckNFuts

NuckNFuts Regular member

I didn't mean it effects my overclock in any way other then it is just a pain plain and simple.

On 2 PC's in my home, I was not told of it till weeks so this may be a factor here. deleting all cookies, temp files, and regstry related changes did nothing. the cookies were renamed with a (1) or (2) at the end indicating they were being renamed or backed up. So I pulled HDD's and scaned with Panda on a Server and did the same thing all over and still nothing. In only seconds of opening IE. they are put right back.

I scanned with both Panda Active Scan in an remote state since it is not X64 complient and also with a little free app called SpyHunter. However, I hear not so good thngs about this app. What do you guys hear of it? It does appear to show a report of items not seen by others so it is going somewhere. I just look up the items listed and manually remove remotely.

I am about to try the same on a new MCE rig that only showed up as problem last night and see if I can nip it in the bud. But for the one media server and xp x64 rig, they are put on the back burner for later test.

18. ck5134

ck5134 Regular member

forget spy hunter it cn detect stuff but removes only about 20% of what it finds.

use the 3 i mentioned before, and if your still not having any joy steven goulds cleanup, and asquared free which is good at removing stubborn files.

but to be honest its probably your home page putting fast click and doule click cookies on your system.

19. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

NuckNFuts,
    That was also true with the GA-P35-DS3R Rev. 1.0. That problem was addressed with the Rev. 2.0! the voltages all stay slightly above the correct voltages, and the vdroop is negligable, from Idle to full load, a mere .03v drop in CPU voltage. I guess that's why the Rev. 2.0 takes less voltage to get it stable than the Rev. 1.0!

sammorris,
    How's the vdroop on your P35C-DS3R? How stable are your voltages?

Best Regards,
    Russ {:<}

20. NuckNFuts

NuckNFuts Regular member

My vdroop at the 500x7 profle is setting f 1.4325 to equal 1.39 in idle desktop and 1.36 loaded. This mobo does fine to 500FSB since it only need the .02 overvolting to keep stable weather at 8x or 7x. devders are more demanding and such are not as stable untill I step dawn to 480x8.

As for the cookies, it looks more like FastClick now. I use Yahoo as me home page on 2 of 3 and MSN on 1. I dont use any custom toobars other then what is installed by Adobe for convert to PDF and on 1 rig use the Norton toolbar, but can be removed as I dont really need it there.

I am open to and will try the ones mentioned. I am wlling to do manual removal if the scanners only search and list but do not remove.

This is what SpyHunter shows;

2o7 = 2o7 = cookie cookie name[1]text
    Adrevolver = Adrevolver = cookie [1]text
    Media = Media = cookie [1]text

Thankx!

Last edited: Dec 15, 2007