1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Official OC (OverClocking) Thread!

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by Praetor, May 1, 2004.

1. ck5134

ck5134 Regular member

i wouldnt worry about any of the cookies you have mentioed theyre all normal everyday cookies. you could always alter your ie settings to delete temp files upon closing to get rid of your cookies each time.

2. NuckNFuts

NuckNFuts Regular member

So why are they replacing every time I clean and restart? And if it's not them causing the FastClick issue what is then. I even set click to slow and it is still too fast to double click. If I slowly press down on left click and let go slowly, it is often OK, but more then often it acts as fast double click on files and folders causing apps to start or folders to open.

EDIT: I do and have neen for 5yrs now used AdAware and it is grest for everyday normal stuff. I'm am currently on 2007 Pro version, but it cant find or if it finds and removes, it comes right back after renamed or backed up.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2007
  3. Neverhap

Neverhap Guest

4. ck5134

ck5134 Regular member

the cookies your refering to are simply ads on the homepage. nothing to worry about.

antispyware nowadays is so rife on the net that it is better to have a full arsenal of anti spyware apps than rely on just one. anyway this is a bit off topic for an overclocking thread, there are plenty of good sites for discussing this sort of thing. =o)

The issues your having arent due to tracking cookies more likely a stability issue.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2007
  5. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

Neverhap,
    That even speaks more for Kaspersky 6.0 then because I haven't ever had any click problems with the mouse, ever! All I run is Kaspersky and Zone Alarm, and I'm not too sure how much longer Zone Alarm is staying. I run Tuneup Utilities 2007's 1 click Maintenance once a day and follow it up with 1 click Fixer. The XP-Pro on this hard drive was installed last May and was used 15 hours a day on line, until a couple of weeks ago. It works fine so why do a fresh install! I have a separate drive that the MB was installed with That's got the fresh install of XP-Pro on it! All I had to when I swapped drives was install the drivers for the new MB. I'm going to use it for a while and see how it compares in disk performance since they're identical 160 Seagate Sata 3.0Gb/s drives anyway.

Best Regards,
    theone :>)

6. Neverhap

Neverhap Guest

7. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

I think you need to calm down, and also check your spelling.
    We all make mistakes from time to time.

8. Neverhap

Neverhap Guest

Geeze, did I get nasty or excited, pardon me if I did. I just did not understand the post by theonejrs.

So I cannot question his response to me???

9. greensman

greensman Regular member

NOT with YELLING and RIDICULE!!!!! We all make mistakes, I know that I have mistakes and his mistake was to put the wrong name in there.

I think a better response would have been: Hey theonejrs!! I didn't ask the question, NuckNFuts did. Hope it helps him. ;)

Much nicer and doesn't attack someone for their age or ability!!!!! And speaking of ability: behalf???????

....gm

ADD::
    What do you guys feel about a Q6600 as long as it's G0 stepping for the same price as the E6850?? I think that I can pick either one of the cpu's up for about $225....They have some E6550's ($175) and E6420's ($160) as well. :D

10. NuckNFuts

NuckNFuts Regular member

11. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

The Q6600 has some serious multi-core grunt if you can make good use of it. Unless you do video editing, quad cores don't have a huge use yet, and an E6750 can certainly be overclocked further.

12. Lp531

Lp531 Regular member

@greensman
    I second that...you handled that much nicer then I was going to..}:)

Q6600 for $225 is a very good deal...it will not OC as high as a 6750...but it will have better resale...when you eventually upgrade to a Penryn...where are you getting it?..

13. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

Neverhap,
    It was meant to be a general post, not addressed to you. I had also planned posts to you and NuckNFuts and got called away for about 1/2 hour. I somehow managed to get both posts mixed up and accidentally put the two together! The discussion had been about spyware programs keeping things out, along with this double-click thing and how I'm glad that I don't seem to need anti spyware because of Kaspersky. I would have been wiser to just start over!

Sorry for the confusion, and it wasn't a Senior Moment on my behalf either as I still have all my faculties, Thank You very much!

Best Regards,
    theone

14. Lp531

Lp531 Regular member

@theonejrs
    Was that troublesome Heatpipe calling you away..:)
    Now as for your faculties...thats Debatable...LOL..}:)

Hey...I did get my mail today...Muchos Gracious...
    Uh Oh...I think I hear my Heatpipe Failing...Good thing I got some High Quality Solder...I Better Check it Out..:)

15. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

Lp531,
    LOL!! Got some good solder and I'll fix it all up later! ROFLMAO

Clockin On like a Stream of Smoke,

Russ :<)

16. Neverhap

Neverhap Guest

Ok, sorry.

17. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

Neverhap,
    No Problem!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to You and Yours
    [​IMG]

theone

18. abuzar1

abuzar1 Senior member

Hey guys guess what, some guy spent an hour trying to convince me that an E6600 is a MUCH better chip than an E6750 and that because of it's multiplier it will achieve a MUCH higher overclock. lol

19. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

I hope you showed him some overclocking charts!

20. abuzar1

abuzar1 Senior member

Well I don't know where to find these charts.