1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Official OC (OverClocking) Thread!

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by Praetor, May 1, 2004.

1. Waymon3X6

Waymon3X6 Regular member

No, I dont have any sandra benches, but I will do that stuff when I get home I guess, at school right now. :(

Russ, do you want me to run the bench at 4Ghz or stock?

2. ck5134

ck5134 Regular member

kill all the system processes that arent necessary gives a boost on 3dmark 06 as with alot of benchmark programs, dissable your virus checker ect and background services, bench straight after booting ect. as long as your system is useable and games play ok in the real world you shouldnt worry :eek:)

3. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

Waymon3x6,
    The set up you used when you ran 3DMark to run your tests would be the most meaningful!

Best Regards, and belated Happy Holidays to You and Yours,
    Russ

4. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

ck5134,
    I wouldn't really recommend doing that unless you are not connected to the Internet, as your system could be vulnerable to any virus!

Best Regards,
    Russ

5. abuzar1

abuzar1 Senior member

Well we would like to you to run it overclocked. Already know what you're going to get at stock lol.

6. MaccerM

MaccerM Regular member

Got it running at 2.95, 1685 qfsb, with no changes apart from unlinked mode. Now tho my memory is running at 789 vs the 825 it was at 2.88 linked. Got an extra 68 3dmarks now 11650, which I think would be better if I had the ram back up to speed. To get the mem up to 800 I need to run 1707 qfsb which is 2.988ghz. Before that I tried 3.0 which is 1715 qfsb that with the normal memory timings and it booted windows, tried 3dmark and got a blue screen error half way through the first test which would suggest a memory error. Tried setting the n/b to 1.35v as in the asus forum but I had to jumper CMOS reset after that! Does something memory wise need upping? Do you reckon it's worth giving the cpu another notch just to see? I'll try and see if I can find my current n/b voltage.

7. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

MaccerM,
    Yes, but the question is which memory? Video or system! 3DMark 06 killed my video drivers one time and I got a blue screen message telling me that my video drivers had stopped working! LOL!! This was on an Asus MB and my D-940! I had to un-install the video drivers and re-install them again.

Best Regards,
    Russ

8. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member

usually the memory bandwidth will be highest with the memory running at or as close as possible to it's rated speed and at rated timings or tighter. in other words usually it's better to run the memory at it's rated speed (or as close as possible) and rated timings as oppossed to overclocking the memory and loosening the timings.

9. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

I've never had a problem with 3dmark... ever. Sounds like if you had a problem after running it the drivers may have been dodgy to start with, and 3dmark pushed them over the edge!

10. abuzar1

abuzar1 Senior member

Russ, maybe you weren't running 3Dmark approved drivers? I remember you like to stick to the older Forceware drivers.

CK, Who is that in the background?

11. ck5134

ck5134 Regular member

fairuza balk, god she's horny, the totty from the craft / the water boy , a little bit weird looking but looks like she would be like a oc/d ho in bed :eek:)

12. abuzar1

abuzar1 Senior member

haha, kinda looks like Angelina Jolie with her face covered up like that.

13. ck5134

ck5134 Regular member

lips that could suck the heat out of my rig any day hehe :)

14. abuzar1

abuzar1 Senior member

Interesting... You wish she would. I dunno, she not THAT good looking.

I agree with your statement if you're talking about Jolie though, except for the fact that she would be sucking the heat outta MY rig lol.

15. ck5134

ck5134 Regular member

[​IMG] she is perfectly fine, angelina is a bit too plastic for my taste....

anyway bit off topic lol

16. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

abuzar1,
    It's not a question of sticking to older Forceware drivers, it's a question of what worked best! I tried the latest versions and found them lacking! I don't much like 3DMark 06 anyway! LOL!! besides, how much more approved do you need than when nVidia sends you the best drivers for your particular setup? LOL!! besides, the coolbits that came with it worked perfectly with my card where the latest version didn't!

Best Regards,
    Russ

Last edited: Jan 16, 2008
  17. abuzar1

abuzar1 Senior member

Well yeah that's what I meant. I remember that a Nvidia rep sent you the drivers.

18. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

abuzar1,
    Where would you have gotten them from, ATi? LOL!! I called nVidia because I was having a problem getting the settings on my card to agree with the software, and they sent me a nice package which included a driver removal tool to run first. Following the simple instructions, I did that and installed the new drivers and CoolBits and then activated CoolBits and it's worked fine ever since! It's overclocked from 570/1450 to 650/1600 and it works perfectly! Can't ask for more than that! LOL!! You just don't like nVidia, do you? LOL!! I don't much care for ATi, so we're even! ROFLMAO!! I'm not a gamer so the XFX-7600GT suits my needs better!

Best Regards,
    Russ

19. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

Eh? What am I hearing here?

20. abuzar1

abuzar1 Senior member

lets see:

7600GT
    X1900GT
    7900GTX
    HD 3850

I am pretty even. I like any company that gives me that best bang for my buck.