1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Official OC (OverClocking) Thread!

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by Praetor, May 1, 2004.

1. abuzar1

abuzar1 Senior member

CK, this is all I get. Man I REALLY need to convert some videos lol.

[​IMG]

2. greensman

greensman Regular member

Russ I was looking at the Enzotech webpage and they indicate the "kit" comes with the clips and fan mount. I'm not sure if the e-tailers indicate the same thing. I hope it's the same version and all. ;P

I may not be able to use them anyway OR if I do I'll have to do something about the NB heatpipe. Any ideas??

.....gm

add: Sorry for the extra post but I was looking at 2 different tabs and didn't realize until I posted the first one. hehehe. I need some sleep and for the kiddies to CALM down so daddy can concentrate!!! lol

3. abuzar1

abuzar1 Senior member

4. ck5134

ck5134 Regular member

abuzar. i get this [​IMG]

ill look into it a bit for you tomorrow, it seems to re encode them using 50% cpu 50% gpu doing the work.

I dare say your pc wouldnt be that slow converting avi / divx anyway, as your intel, russ put up what he uses it might be worth looking into.

Im a bit tired today only had 1 1/2 hours sleep last night due to COD4, and im out of relentless to drink so ill be headed to my bed in a mo.

5. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

You sir, are a legend in your own time. Late night COD4 and Relentless is awesomeness itself.
    All you have to do is include Counterstrike and Jolt and you're there!
    I dread to think how long I'll be gaming tomorrow, I'll probably spend half the day faffing with the card.

6. abuzar1

abuzar1 Senior member

lol I know but I don't have the software! I tried windows media encoder to convert all my stuff to WMV(I need it for my Zune) but it gives me an error. I've tried that on three different computers so I don't know what's wrong.

Do you guys know any good software? I don't care about time, I'll leave it on overnight lol!

7. ck5134

ck5134 Regular member

lol tomorrow i have a mate coming over from wales expecting to smoke sticky smelly green stuff like tobacco and drink like were fish, and he is going to stay for a month working lol, who said the 60's was over =o)

sam get some peps and proplus take a couple of each, there is a reason theyre not sold in the same shops ;o)

EDIT proplus / peps are handy whilst overclocking and monitoring temps thus keeping it on topic. I do not suggest this to anyone who is caffiene sensitive, just people who game until their eyes are bulging like golem 8o)

Last edited: Jan 28, 2008
  8. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

To be honest, I think I'll stick to my caffeinated drinks and fruity marshmallows thanks. I've no doubt proplus is effective, but I just don't need to stay up late that much! :)
    I need to be up by 9 at the latest for a courier delivery tomorrow, but not tired yet... A can of Jolt silver may be responsible for that!

9. ck5134

ck5134 Regular member

Ah i love my relentless, and drink way too much coffee, (3 spoons of kenco rapor per cup) lol and way too many cups.

doesnt help being a single parent and having to get up at 7am to get your kid to school grrrr lol

ended up having a bombay badboy potnoodle at 5am this morning lol oh the joys of computer games and caffiene lol.

still better than watching the drivel on tv, and it keeps your brain active - who needs that nintendo brain training lol.

sam any idea what MCP is on everest? it has a chip beside it as an icon, but this mobo is new to me and many google searches have attained nothing. I doubt I will actualy want to learn this mobo for overclocking. thus the 5000 x2 be - too blinking lazy to get involved with a serious oc on a temporary system.

10. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

No idea mate.
    Agreed on the TV though, especially when you haven't even got freeview in your student house. Sky at home is nice (if a ripoff) but ultimately we watch so little tv, it's stupid paying more than our electricity and gas combined (for four gamers) just for decent TV...

11. greensman

greensman Regular member

sam,
    I'm just jacking with you, WELL unless you send it to me under the premise that you'll get your money later. NOT!!!!! j/k mate.... If I want one I'll order it here in the states and NOT have to pay shipping from the UK and whatever TAX they try to stick me with. :p

btw the HD3870's range from $225-$300 USD....link

abuzar I'll prolly go with an ATi card on the next GPU I purchase. I'm having issues STILL with these frikkin nVidia cards. I'm not so sure something didn't have their way with them. :-(.

....gm

12. abuzar1

abuzar1 Senior member

I would go the ATI route too. I just posted that... well I don't know why. I somehow got the idea into my head that you wanted a 8800GT not a 3870! I actually prefer the 3870 myself... lol I must be tired.

13. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

Likewise, but only in the niche mid-high end range market. The 8800GTS, GTX and Ultra are unquestionably the frame rate kings (even if they do suffer in the image quality dept), and the HD3650 looks pretty dire.

14. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

greensman,
    You are slipping, GM! LOL!!
    You must have missed this line and the install video! In all fairness, he only said R1. I added the CBN! LOL!!

it comes with 3 different hole spacing mounts and the fan bracket! ROFLMAO!!! Check the install video!

Best Regards,
    Russ

15. ck5134

ck5134 Regular member

lol got freeview and cable lol, only seem to have discovery realtime or discovery on but they still make me pay for the bbc with the inflated licence the gits.

16. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

Heh, the man does get excited about his chipset heatsinks...
    two lols and a roflmao!
    lol jk Russ, it's nice to have some enthusiasm in the thread. Hopefully I'll also be providing some tomorrow, if citylink get their act together, there's a probably a 50/50 chance of that happening...

17. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

sammorris,
    What's not to get excited about! LOL!! They are beautifully crafted, solid pure copper forgings, finished to a mirror shine on a mating surface that's between .00003 and .00004" flat! That's Quality! The finish on the Evercool I had, looked like it was finished with a belt sander! LOL!! It had deep scratches all over it! It was also a P.I.T.A. to install and didn't work as good as what I have now! I think the Enzotech will do much better!

Best Regards,
    Russ

18. marsey99

marsey99 Regular member

Last edited: Jan 29, 2008
  19. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

marsey99,
    Honestly, for $129.99 for 2x2GB, I wouldn't expect very much! That pretty grill work looks real nice but I don't see it doing much to help remove the heat from the chips, which are clearly visible in the pictures. That's why just about every heat spreader you're likely to see is solid to maximize contact with the memory chips. At least make it solid where the chips are. In spite of the price, I would pass on them!
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820227280

Best Regards,
    Russ

20. marsey99

marsey99 Regular member

the heatspreaders on almost all ram stix are there more for the company image than aiding in cooling, i think only about 3 or 4 do infact help cool the chips; dominator, reaper (and x) and the flexct water cooled jobbies.

as for how they do, well we shall see as i have already ordered them just wondered what you thought about them. even if i cant get much out of them i wont be pushing them to their limits till i upgrade my cpu/mobo again as i cant get more than a 440 fsb and even then its only @ x6 so i wont be doing that :p all i need is ddr1066 and it will keep my happy till easter.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2008