1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Official OC (OverClocking) Thread!

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by Praetor, May 1, 2004.

1. shaffaaf

shaffaaf Regular member

lets have a nice gay group hug?

any way, both asus, and GB pale in comparison to

BIOSTAR

2. abuzar1

abuzar1 Senior member

While we are getting mad at each other, GET THE HECK OFF MY BACK about my age. I already told you I lied BEFORE and then established that I was 15. It was just my birthday, how about a freakin' happy birthday?

GEEZ

Last edited: Jun 5, 2008
  3. shaffaaf

shaffaaf Regular member

ur birthday day was a few days ago...... maybe next year yaar

xD

hehe

so is everyone angry? wheres russ when u need him, so he can add something.

wow i cant believe im not part of this.

4. im1992

im1992 Regular member

MAD v0.14.2b
    happy bday, lol, i never heard anyone ask ppl to say happy b-day to them b4 but i guess theres a first time for everything..... just pulling ur sting, its a joke!!!!!! lmao
    -im1992

5. sytyguy

sytyguy Regular member

I think you've added enough already, AGAIN

You had better look at yourself as the immature one, Mort was just explaining his experience with his MOBO...nothing else. And BTW, that is EXACTLY what you do.

6. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

Essay coming. Hear me out, or forever hold grudges - do as you please.

That's all I'm quoting because that's all that's clear of vulgar slang. Actually, it was mainly me.
    Had I known you had actually turned 16, rather than just stating that you were that age, I would have given you birthday wishes, I genuinely would. Given that response though, should I? Regardless of the answer, I will. Happy birthday mate.
    But seriously, I trusted you Abuzar, and I can't honestly say I take it that well when I find out I've been lied to. Your age might not seem important to people you'll never meet in person, but in truth, knowing you're telling the truth about your age separates you from all the gobbling morons that plague the internet - given your remarkably fluent, succinct answers (especially so for your age), I liked to think that you were one of the people around here that really put yourself out. Of late, a lot of you guys here have been creditable in giving sharp, succinct advice, so don't feel unincluded, but really, what it came down to was that knowing that Abuzar was a similar age to me gave him a sort of special significance. When I found out I'd been lied to, what can I say, I was genuinely hurt.

As for you Shaff, I admire your spirited makeitup, I really do, and I thank you for not taking a particular side with this one.

I've been mean to Mort in this post, I genuinely have. Don't think for a minute that I wrote what I did without thinking about its possible consequences, I was expecting a lot of flak for this. What I object to really here though, is that every time you have posted recently Mort, you have pretty much said the exact same thing. I have agreed with pretty much all of it, but yet, periodically there's something I say that makes you repeat it, over and over like I'm not listening. I'm not being taken for an idiot. I was pleased that we'd agreed on how this whole motherboard thing turned out. Indeed, even the last rephrase of your speech before things got ridiculous I still agree with the majority of.
    As I've already stated though, this was all started for stupid reasons.

Think about how prevalent Corsair is around aD as a brand. There are few who don't explicitly recommend them. Shaffaaf chooses to go with Enermax units instead, which is fine too, but the vast wealth of experience we've all had with their products tells us that they get it right the vast majority of the time. The sentiment of the original post was in fact that companies like Corsair surpass all motherboard manufacturers in their quality - and that I was wishing that a company that manufactures them has the same corporate attitude as Corsair do. Asus don't match them, but neither do Gigabyte, MSI, XFX, EVGA, Foxconn, Biostar, Epox, DFI, Abit, or any other brands I've omitted. This was a generic statement. Yet that was all it took to start up the pro-Asus again, and that's what really ticks me off. No matter what I say I'm branded as someone who hates Asus, and am regarded as a fool because of it. It would be bad enough if that was true, it's worse because it isn't, worse still because you think to yourself that everyone disagrees with you, which I'd imagine is why you stopped posting here. Do you really think that's the case? I still own and use an Asus board, and I still like it, AND it was cheap. It has its quirks, so does my X38-DS4 which cost not far off three times as much.

I don't hate Asus
    I don't know how much clearer I can make it than that. I hope to whoever/whatever you believe in that that has finally sunk in. Now, I'm willing to apologise for my scathing tone if you'll realise why I used it, all I ask in return is that you guys remove all the swears from your shouting at me. I don't use them myself, I don't want them used against me.

As for you sytyguy, well, thanks for the outlook, but to be honest, I'm going to ask you to read all this. If you still think the way you do, then so be it.

To people like im1992 and shaffaaf who have watched this unfold, and to whichever moderator ripped his/her hair out reading it, you have my apology for wasting your time.

7. abuzar1

abuzar1 Senior member

I understand, I was just pissed off because we ALREADY went over this. You and Russ, both ALREADY did the "I have been lied to" speech, and I said sorry.

Anyway, no hard feelings, and NO GAY HUGS either!!!

8. im1992

im1992 Regular member

@abuzar
    16........then 15?????? in one thread????? in one day?????? come on!!!
    -im1992

9. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

same to you Abuzar, but I just want you to know that I wouldn't have brought it up had you not reacted in the extraordinary manner that you did.

As for you im, I think this is probably best left alone.

10. im1992

im1992 Regular member

yes, you are right
    i won't talk about it again....
    -im1992

11. abuzar1

abuzar1 Senior member

Oh I only reacted like that because I almost never cuss, and I just wanted to try it out ;)

Imran, leave it alone. the 15 thing was about something else. I'm 16 now, so go from there.

Oh and Sam, Shaf is 18 so you can feel close to him now lol. Ah I look older than you anyway :)

12. im1992

im1992 Regular member

okey dokey.....leaving it alone....
    good day,
    -im1992

13. abuzar1

abuzar1 Senior member

lol

I still want that processor!

14. im1992

im1992 Regular member

of course, just remind me in 6 weeks....
    -im1992

15. im1992

im1992 Regular member

is there any point in upgrading a e6300 @ 3088mhz to a q6700 @ stock speed? i think sam would know...... any real life benefits? start up speed? games?
    -im1992

16. abuzar1

abuzar1 Senior member

Depend on what you are doing. I think the quad would be the same speed, if not slower in games. A lot of video encoding programs support all four cores, so if you are into that stuff your system will do things ALMOST twice as fast.

As more and more programs support quad cores, it's performance is GREATLY increased.

17. im1992

im1992 Regular member

yea, but when will more software use quads? before the nehalems come out?
    are there any games that you know of that use quad cores right now? other than Alan Wake....
    thanks,
    -im1992

18. abuzar1

abuzar1 Senior member

I think Crysis and COD4 do.

I don't know "when". There is no immediate deadline. More newer games coming out use quads.

The quad core really comes in handy with multitasking. You have one you should know. I used to play games, and encode movies at the same time. Since games only use two cores(most games at least), you can use the other two cores for something else.

19. im1992

im1992 Regular member

not mine, thats my mom's...hehe
    i only have my e6300 and a t7400 in my lappy...
    anyone want to buy the pentium 4 630 i have in my sig? it stays stable at 4ghz 24/7 on air cooling!
    -im1992

20. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

abuzar1,
    I don't know who you are thinking of, but it wasn't me! I could care less about your age. I rarely ever ask anyone their age, especially on the thread! I'm open minded enough that I mix well with all ages so it matters not, to me! I haven't made a post on this thread since the 24th of May, so I know it wasn't me that said anything about your age! Maybe a very long time ago I may have kidded you, but I don't care how old you are, were or are going to be! LOL!! Oh, and Happy Freekin Birthday! ROFLMAO!!

Respectfully,
    Russ