1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Official OC (OverClocking) Thread!

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by Praetor, May 1, 2004.

1. abuzar1

abuzar1 Senior member

Alright, picture of the back. It's a pain when you don't have a modular PSU. It was much harder with my 650TX and RC690 because of more wires and the fact that the HDDs go in a different way in the RC690 so I couldn't hide wires behind the drives.

[​IMG]

2. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member

very impressive job on the cable management there boozer. so what if the back side is a little messy. we only want to look at the side with all the goodies anyway and it looks amazing. nicely done :D

of course there will be some more cables as you add the drives and fans but looks good so far.

edit: never mind. didn't notice they are already in there for the most part.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2008
  3. abuzar1

abuzar1 Senior member

Hey, thanks. This case makes it REALLY easy and it looks nice too. Only cost me 65 bucks.

I know how much you guys got your RC690s for. 30 bucks, right? LUCKY.

4. spamual

spamual Guest

you can eat him, just make him halal :p

btw very nice cableing, now just to get some dremel,and make soem holes inthe mobo tray

5. abuzar1

abuzar1 Senior member

lol This is for a customer. I wouldn't be running a computer with a 8800GS.

6. greensman

greensman Regular member

Shoot no!! Mine cost $65 delivered. ;) I thought it was a good deal until RedRob told me he got his for something like $25 after tax and MIR.... bum!!! lol.

My problem with the psu that I have is the cabling. lol. I've considered a "smaller" psu to assist in that area and even modular... BUT alas money is an issue at times.... and this is one of those times. lol.

very nice cabling indeed there boozer... :)

....gm

7. abuzar1

abuzar1 Senior member

Haha thanks. Post a pic of your case, would you?

8. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

abuzar1,
    How would you know? You never kept a computer long enough to prove it's worth! I know when you sold it you said you slowed it down, so what did that prove about being reliable at the higher speed? Mine has been running perfectly stable for over 9 months, running from 3.5 to 3.552 GHz. I've had a grand total of one BSOD, which was caused by something in the bios. I pulled the battery and re-flashed the bios back to the latest F11 bios from F10, and haven't had any problems at all since! It averages about 15 to 17 hours a day of use, and often it's on for a couple of days at a time. After using it daily for almost 10 months, I can safely say it's solid and 100% reliable! If I sold it tomorrow, I wouldn't lower the speed at all. Why should I? I know it runs without issues at it's present speed, day in and day out, and should continue to do so for years to come!

Best Regards,
    Russ

9. greensman

greensman Regular member

You talking to me??? lol. I'll see if i can find an older one.. hold on... lol. :p

.....gm

add: these are a while back and some things have changed. LOL. I'll take some tonight if it seems necessary. ;) yeh... just looked at these and it's changed quite a bit. lol. :p

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 28, 2008
  10. abuzar1

abuzar1 Senior member

Hey, Russ I never said I slowed it down. I ran it at 3.6Ghz and I sold it at 3.6Ghz. This NEW one the guy wanted it overclocked to 3.4Ghz and I told him I would try.

GM, yeah your case. You know in a current state. Old pic is fine, just wanna see what it looks like on the inside. Maybe I can help you out? I had the same case.

11. spamual

spamual Guest

boozer if your not gonna shoot sam, at least shoot untidycasegreensman

12. abuzar1

abuzar1 Senior member

lol

I'm not big on killing humans. Deer maybe, but not humans.

You two should settle this with a pistol duel.

13. abuzar1

abuzar1 Senior member

HOLY CRAP!!!

That's a lot of drives in there too! What you need to do is get a dremel and make that hole in the motherboard tray bigger. They you can run a LOT of those wires from the back.

14. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

abuzar1,
    That's not what you said back then when we had the same conversation over you not keeping it very long! Maybe the guy who bought it lowered it to 3.4, but you did say it was running fine at 3.4GHz! At least, that was my understanding! Maybe it was a "typo"! LOL!!

Russ

15. abuzar1

abuzar1 Senior member

lol Probably. Which one are you talking about? I've sold like 5 quad core machines. I know one I sold that I ran at 3.2 Ghz. But I lowered that a few weeks before I sold it due to the temps being too high as I was using a Freezer 7 pro.

16. greensman

greensman Regular member

Hey Mr. you be nice!!!! :p

I said that was an old pic.... I'll see about some new ones and also about some of that "boozer cabling". lol. :p As you know the CM-850 psu is huge... NOT much in the way of holes on that case (mobo tray) either. :p

I may have to get out the "hole" saw and do some "modding" some day. ROFL.. :p

...gm

17. abuzar1

abuzar1 Senior member

There should be a hole right next to that PSU. You can make it bigger with that 'hole saw' haha.

18. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

There's nothing in the case except a single DVD Rom, Graphics card, and Hard drive. Throw in a sound card, TV tuner, another hard drive, and a couple more Roms on top of those and then take a picture.:D

[​IMG]

19. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

Yeah, even just throwing the cables in looks reasonable with a small amount of hardware like that... Sometimes I wish I had a simple PC purely for how easy it is to make one neat...

20. spamual

spamual Guest

i only have 1 HDD and 1 ODD and 1 gfx aswell. yours looks well tidy :)

wish my PSU was at the bottom