1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Official PC building thread -3rd Edition

Discussion in 'Building a new PC' started by ddp, Jul 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member

I had a head injury in 2001 leaving most of my left side paralyzed. I have absolutely no use of left arm and hand. I have to wear an AFO (ankle foot orthotic) (brace) on my left foot in order to walk any distance or outside.

most ppl couldn't do it period with only one arm and one hand, not to mention only one good leg.

2. greensman

greensman Regular member

I believe it.. you yungins like to do it fast and w/o thought... hehehe. :p

NOW about computers. :p Definitely lay the puter on it's side and removing the OEM cooler will be easy just remember to pull up on the little black thingies after you turn them clockwise to "unlock" them. ;) Also installing the ACF7 Pro is easy and made easier by "pulling" the fan. Remember to turn the little black thingies (on the ACF7) counterclockwise so they will lock when installed/pushed into the mobo. ;) Re-attaching the fan is simple and done by alligning the top of the fan basically with the top fin of the cooler and gently pushing the fan shroud back onto the cooler. ;) good luck.. :D

....gm

3. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

Ah, I had no idea about that. My apologies.

4. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

spamual,
    I'm sorry I forgot the X, it is a QX9650! The main problem is the NB temps. My Dr. friend is part of a group of people, all professionals, mostly Doctors and Dentists, and they have formed a club. 27 members! They even bought a house to use as a clubhouse. These guys know more about overclocking than you or I will ever know, and their pockets are even deeper than Nuck's! All of them have very high end stuff. This is their Hobby/Obsession! LOL!! Must be nice! ROFLMAO!! They're way out of our league! The last time I was over there, there was probably more than $40,000 in monitors alone! Some of the members even do beta testing for some of the Game manufacturers! And before you ask! No, I can't get any free games! LOL!!

Nice work if you can get it! LOL!!

Best Regards,
    Russ

5. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member

no worries mate. not many here know/knew.

6. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

Realistically, I'm amazed you've built a PC on your own considering. There are a lot of jobs that I find hard enough with two hands!

7. greensman

greensman Regular member

but most you "see" only require one... hehehe. ;P sorry mate... ima ba-a-a-a-a-a-ad man today. ;)

yes Morty... nice job with your bum wing and all that posting you do. :)

...gm

8. icemen

icemen Regular member

ok got my old harddrive connected to my pc but i can't view any my pictures or play any of the music on the harddrive? it says i don't have permission, when i click to take ownership it lets me into the album but does't play as it says file format isn't supported? & i have to keep on getting permission for file i want to enter, can anyone help me get my music & picture to work on my new pc?

9. spamual

spamual Guest

right click the HDD go to securty and enable full controll to your user.

10. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

A Vista user by any chance? *sigh*

11. icemen

icemen Regular member

yep samm vista user, is that bad?

12. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

Well put it this way, I installed Vista on my system the other day, and I couldn't actually solve this problem, so the OS is unusable to me...

13. icemen

icemen Regular member

which version did you install

14. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

Ultimate 64, however, this problem is innate to vista, not to any specific version, and relates to the different file system Vista prefers to use, I know that much.

15. icemen

icemen Regular member

what os are you running now?

16. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

XP Pro 32-bit. Nice and simple... :)

17. icemen

icemen Regular member

can i download xp pro 32 bit from anywhere?

18. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

Lol well you could, but that wouldn't be legal would it? If you've ever downloaded any software before, I daresay you'll know where to look.

19. icemen

icemen Regular member

lol, legally of course. they xp can only read up to 3gb of memory is this true?

20. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

iceman,
    Yes, it is true, but pretty much totally meaningless! The thing that puzzles me about some of the Vista users I've seen is how fiercely they defend it. It makes me laugh when they overclock to get the last ounce of speed out of the computer only to run Vista, which on average is 13 to 17% slower than XP! You don't need 8GB of ram to run XP under any circumstances. It's total Bloatware, and a constant PITA! Worst OS since Windows ME!

Dell presently has a few computers that can run both Vista and XP-Pro. They come standard with Vista, but they charge $119 more for the XP-Pro models, and people are willing to pay the price difference. That should tell you something right there! I have a Dell E1505 laptop that I'm going to install XP-Pro on, that keeps denying you access to your files! Why? Because it can't find the hardware ID for the printer that isn't even hooked up to it at the moment! I can't even use my printer on it because the printer is old and not Vista Certified!

XP was scheduled to stop production this past June! Since there are far more Vista haters out there than there are Vista lovers, XP continues in production! In my opinion, Vista is pure garbage! How dare M$ tell me what I can and can't run on my computer that I bought and paid for with my money!

Best Regards,
    Russ

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.