1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Official PC building thread -3rd Edition

Discussion in 'Building a new PC' started by ddp, Jul 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 21122112

21122112 Member

I did Just Build this computer last month. i figured it had to do with the build. I'm sorry if i posted in the wrong place?

2. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

greensman,
    I only download music and I have good AV, and the pro version of Limewire seems to have less problems than the free one! I also use Ares. I don't download Torrents (never again!) so I have no problems with either program! Besides, as Sam pointed out, you can find stuff on Limewire that you can't find elsewhere!

And who the hell is varnull?

I just had a customer/friend of mine give me a brand new 250GB Hitachi Deathstar. He decided on a 500GB instead, and procrastinated in sending it back to the point that he couldn't as there's nothing wrong with it, so he gave it to me! he should marry Gina! The two of them would procrastinate each other to death! LOL!!

Happy Computering,
    Russ

3. Lp531

Lp531 Regular member

4. greensman

greensman Regular member

Lp i think you're good, but confirmation would be nice. ;)

Nice to see you here. :) Good to hear that your festival went well and hopefully better than expected. :D Don't be a stranger!!

Russ honestly you would b!tch if you were hung with a new rope!! :p I would be excited about it and be using it already!!! :D

...gm

5. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

if i may quote Jed Cooper(hang'em high)(clint eastwood)

now thats funny right there i dont care who ya is..lol

just called the wife. she said the puter is still running and wanted to know what i did to it cause it seem'd faster.....lol

she hates it when i hook up the HP system and bring my rig to work with me

6. Lp531

Lp531 Regular member

Hey Greenie...
    It looks like it will clear...but not alot of detailed specs on the surrounding clearance needed for the cooler...

I needed 30,000 people to reach my financial goal...so the extra 14,000 people were all...Icing on the Cake...:)

7. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

Lp531,
    I looked up the cooler you linked, and while I don't particularly care for that style of cooler, one of the beauties of that one is if it doesn't fit one way, you can rotate it 90 degrees, I would try and keep the heat pipe side towards the rear, and it should fit just about anything!

Nice one on the Festival! And you were concerned! ROFLMSOAO!!

Warmest Regards, and Welcome back,
    Russ

8. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

Great news Lp, good to see you back! 44,000 people, holy hell!

9. rick5446

rick5446 Guest

I'm back, I just got my new HDD 500Gig Seagate Barracuda IDE
    I installed an IDE controler card (Promise Technology ultra 100Tx2) hooked up my HDD to it. Everything was reconized, screen changed to Initializing. I waited 3 or 4 mins, thought this might take longer so went and watched Ironman 2hr+ movie came back it was still Initializing. Is their something in the CMOS that I might changed

10. bigwill68

bigwill68 Guest

you have to install the card first and drivers b4 hooking up any devices to it.i had help CincyRob with the same problem and you have to enable it if not in the cmos..never hook up controller cards to devices b4 they are fully installed on your system..:)

11. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

well after almost 2 hours of COD4 temps only got up to 49c. idle temps this morning was only 36c thats sweet. what ya think the paste is starting to get to the burnin state?

12. bigwill68

bigwill68 Guest

well the paste is finally starting to settle right and spread out right so the heat can excape proper thru heatsink and out thro the pipes...Glade to see the 45nm is starting to cool down and work right with that board..:)

13. greensman

greensman Regular member

NICE!!! Finally getting the temps where they should be. :p You must have been killing the lot to stress that cpu to 49C with COD4. :D How does that game look with your 7600GT Rob?? As you saw I just ordered a new gfx card to replace the 8400GS that I have. ;)

....gm

14. rick5446

rick5446 Guest

bigwill68:OK Thanks (you have to enable it if not in the cmos).
    My CMOS recognized the card and HDD, but it would not get past initializing. I'll try hooking up the card after I install the drivers.But Vista won't pick them up off the CD,nor does the Wizard in Vista give U the option to Explore & There is no EXE file on the CD. At there site the only drivers I could find was 4 XP, but I'll try the XP Drivers. Push comes 2 shove I can always delete themWell vI'll give it another shot,I'll keep YA'LL Posted THANKS AGAIN

15. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

Yea i dont know why the CPU temp goes up whle playing it. i thought the GPU would be the one getting warm... how can i tell how warm the GPU gets while playing? it is normally around 50c.

as for how it looks with my 7600gt, i dont have anything to compare it to so i think it looks great. i dont have any lagging in it as i play. its clear as can be.sounds awsome with these new speakers..lol i havent seen a better card so i cant compare it to anything.

16. bigwill68

bigwill68 Guest

put the card in first dont add the drives until after words have you even tryed to go into device manager after words to hit the button that saids (Update Drives) from cd-rom if not let vista find the driver from the system32/driver file..i'm not sure if vista has the same type file as Xp..i hope the controller card is not to Old..?

17. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

Games still use a lot of CPU usage, so your processor will get hot too.

18. greensman

greensman Regular member

Sammy already touched on it RedRob. ;) As you know the stress on the cpu will be dependent on the application applying that stress. Encoding or video processing will tax your cpu about as much as any application. I'm not counting F@H or any of that, lol. Anyway whenever something is running on your puter it's using cpu power. :D

Gotta love a good 2.1 speaker system. :D

...gm

19. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

TWO point 1? :p

20. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.